Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Released
User Name
Password

Old 09-08-2008, 07:32 AM   #46
Icecoldd
A Gray Wolf

Server: Saryrn

Thanks Darkmourn! And, I was talking about the old icons from years back. Actually, they look the same as in SmileyFAAce Old Default BuffIcons.

I appreciate your taking the time to reply. Now, to see if I can do this! lol

Thx again,
Ice's wife

Icecoldd
Nealathok
It's better to sleep at work then to waste a perfectly good night (playing EQ)
Icecoldd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 07:39 AM   #47
jaranak
A Bat

Default moving tell windows

i saw where you said you didnt use tell windows . but is there a way to be able to move the tell windows ?
love the durty delt ui thanks for the work you have done on it
jaranak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 12:03 PM   #48
Darkmourn
A Tundra Mammoth

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaranak
i saw where you said you didnt use tell windows . but is there a way to be able to move the tell windows ?
love the durty delt ui thanks for the work you have done on it
You can always move them via resizing, but I realize that can be a bit of a pain. The other solution is to change it yourself, which is fairly simple.

Open the EQUI_ChatWindow.xml file with Wordpad.
Scroll down to where you see the line below (almost at the bottom):

<Style_Titlebar>false</Style_Titlebar>

Simply change the "false" to "true" (don't change any other characters) and now you will have title bars on all of your chat windows that will allow you to minimize, drag, close, etc. I'm pretty sure you have to have them for all or none, you can't just choose which ones have title bars.
Darkmourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 03:54 PM   #49
wraetthu
A Ghoul

Thumbs up Clicky Items

FYI for anyone that would like to adjust the "clickie" windows to fit your character's needs. Did it a few days ago after shaking some cobwebs outta my head and it wasn't that bad. Of course, having done it once before I vaguely remembered how.

Quote:

The right clickies are unfortunately set to the way I want them. If anyone wants to change them, I have outlined how to do so on the main page, but will copy it here.
Quote:
I forgot to mention, the clickies are laid out to suit my personal use. If you wish to change those clicky slots, all you need to do is find the appropriate section in the EQUI_HotButtonWnd.xml file. Open the file with Wordpad or something similar, search for "Right Click Pieces 1" (without the quotes) and then change the EQType for each slot as you see fit, using the list on the forums of this board. (Please note, some EQTypes have changed with TBS, so make sure you have the updated listing)

Also note, pressing the tiny little 2 above the clickies will take you to a second page, which shows all 8 bag slots, primary, secondary, ranged, and ammo as well.

It is a good idea also to keep track of which EQTypes you change these clickies to, as every time I update it you could potentially lose your custom clicks if mine overwrite it. Sorry for the inconvenience, but every single person probably prefers their clickies a certain way so I can't hope to maintain them all.

Go to this Forum item for the list of codes:

http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/s...light=inventory

I opened EQUI_HotButtonWnd.xml in wordpad and did a find as he mentioned earlier, matched up which keys were for which and then substituted the ones I wanted and BINGO! Success... Also nice if you have more potions than available potion slots and want to swap them out or drink them from inventory.

WTG Dark, someone that creates something actually useful!!! Oh and Icecoldd's wife... if ya try the new icons for about a month and then try to go back to the old, you'll realize you've adjusted to them... happened to me. When I tried to go back to the old ones after a month or two, I had to retrain my eye again to recognize them and decided to leave them.

Enjoy ;-)
wraetthu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:16 PM   #50
Icecoldd
A Gray Wolf

Heya Dark

SoE is @ it again

Quote:
All EverQuest Live Servers (except Al'Kabor) will be brought down at 3:00 am PDT on Tuesday, October 7, 2008 for a Game Update. They are estimated to be down until 1pm. (PDT is -7 GMT: 2:00pm MDT, 3:00pm CDT, 4:00pm EDT, 8:00pm GMT)

Also message of the day Due to the many interface changes comming with tomorrows update, we are encouraging you to restore your UI to default before the down time tomorrow. As you may experience issues with custom UI's

Thx man for keeping this sweet @$$ UI working

Ice
Old 10-06-2008, 08:29 PM   #51
Icecoldd
A Gray Wolf

Quote:
Oh and Icecoldd's wife... if ya try the new icons for about a month and then try to go back to the old, you'll realize you've adjusted to them... happened to me. When I tried to go back to the old ones after a month or two, I had to retrain my eye again to recognize them and decided to leave them.

Ice's wife here....I did as Dark suggested and converted the icons to the old style format. Now I LOVE THIS UI!!!!

Sculley
Old 10-07-2008, 09:48 AM   #52
Darkmourn
A Tundra Mammoth

I'll be working on it tonight after I get home from work (I'm PST, so probably later than many of you), but I'm unsure of which changes have gone through yet so can't give any realistic expectations of when it might be finished. Some pretty extensive changes are intended for the new expansion, including some that I may have to redraw graphics for, so I'll do the best I can but please don't be surprised if it takes a day or two.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:26 PM   #53
thunderhawk76
A Bat

Just logged in and the UI works with some of the new updates. Able to assign Main assist, Puller, main tank, and leader by right clicking others in the group. Could not assign any of these to myself. Also, not able to see mana and endurance of the others in the group, even though it gives the option when the group member is right clicked. Group leader is green, and able to target others in group not in the zone. Some of the things I saw right off the bat. Hope it makes it easier to fix
thunderhawk76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:22 AM   #54
Darkmourn
A Tundra Mammoth

I worked on it all night tonight (until midnight as you can see) but I have to get some sleep before work in the morning. I think I have a handle on most of it now, but it just takes time. As always, it seems like I leave one small thing out and it takes hours to figure out why nothing works.

Aside from all of the adds they made, apparently the combat abilities gauge is messed up, the con indicator is gone, and no more flashing box when attacking. Hopefully I can figure out why those are gone pretty easily, but I didn't spend any time on them yet.

Since the UI technically loads, I didn't rush out a temporary file right away. Instead I'm waiting to get it all done right so people don't have to redo their clickies all over again, etc. I've had to redraw a couple of graphics to make things fit, and I may have to change entire windows around because of what they are requiring to be in certain windows now. But I'll get it eventually, and hopefully everyone will be happy with it.

I'll keep you posted if it isn't finished soon. Sorry for the delay.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:47 AM   #55
Funktastik
A Bat

Thanks for your hard work man!
Funktastik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 03:01 AM   #56
Darkmourn
A Tundra Mammoth

Put up the new zip file. It's 1am and I need to get to bed, so I'll go over the details of the changes tomorrow (although you can see some in the screenshot already).

Please note, the "alternate" and 1280 x 1024 files probably don't work. I'll get around to fixing them soon, but for now just hang the group window off the edge so you can't see all the clickies, etc. I'll also include a version for those that don't want to see the target's buffs.

I didn't include a new /copylayout file, as I forgot and am too tired. I'll take care of all of those issues over the next few days, definitely by the end of the weekend if not sooner. You should be able to move the pieces around yourself if you get close with the old layout however.

I didn't have time to check every single thing but wanted to get it up tonight so people didn't have to wait until I got home from work again tomorrow, so please post if you come across any issues.

Thanks for your patience. Hope you enjoy it; I'm actually very proud of the work I did on it this time.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:04 AM   #57
Darkmourn
A Tundra Mammoth

Ok, now that I'm at work I'll go over some of the modifications I made in order to get this to work, and any other comments I think of.

First, you're going to get the red error message. The UI works perfectly fine, but they changed some of the items to be required in certain windows, and if you don't have them it gives you that error message. Even if those elements are in another window, or you have it but just called it a different name. I'm hoping they update that a little, but if it continues to be a problem I'll fix it eventually. It doesn't stop the UI from working so I'm not going to stress over it right away. I know it is annoying though, so eventually it will go away through them or me fixing it.

As I mentioned above, I didn't take the time to fix the alternate and 1280 resolution pieces. Sorry, but it shouldn't take too long to get those up and running. Hopefully.

Several things changed or got moved around this time, and of course several things got added. I'll try to list them off as I think of them.

The new mana/endurance bars were added. The screen shot makes them blend together due to being a jpeg, but they are readily discernible when actually playing the game. I made the mana and pet bars 3 pixels tall, because most people will probably use those, and then if you use endurance bars it will overlap each of them so all three bars are 2 pixels high.

I had to extend the group window to the left some in order to fit the new role icons. Instead of doing staggered ones like in the default, I made them all stack. This saves space, and you can still easily tell what they are. An example of that is next to the player hp window, where tank and puller are overlapped.

I also moved the speaker buttons onto the actual health bars. That isn't how I would like it, but I really had no more room on the 1280 version, and I didn't want to keep making two different versions. The functionality works fine, and they should be far enough to the right that someone in desperate need of a heal won't be hard to see around the icon.

As you can tell from the screenshot, your own role icons and speaker icons are in the center.

One note about the speaker icons. After banging my head against the wall for much longer than I should have needed to, I finally realized that I wasn't do anything wrong. If you reload your UI with voice chat turned on, those speaker icons don't come back on even if others in group have theirs on too (although yours does). You have to actually turn your chat off and then back on again in order to see them. That caused me endless headaches, so if you can't see them, try that.

You'll also probably notice when loading it up for the first time that now the main middle piece is broken into two parts. Previously it was all one piece, with only the hp and rest state part in the middle as another piece. Due to the way they hardcoded certain things like the role icons and the target buff window, I had to change the way those were done. That is where the majority of my time was spent. Now the player window is the left half, and the target window is the right half, unevenly split between the fire and cold resist spots for reference. I had to do that to make all the new stuff work, and to make it so you could actually right click yourself and assign a role. Previously, as some of you probably noticed, that small box in the center with hps was impossible to click on once you had clicked anywhere on the larger graphic surrounding it, due to it being sent to the "back" of the drawing. Now they are side by side so there is no problem.

Since the con indicator has to be in the target window, I had to move it to the right instead of the left. I know, it will take me some time to get used to also, but it has to be on that side to work. I swapped the tribute timers to the other side as a result.

One good thing that came of all of this is that the "flashing attack indicator" works really great now, and lights up the entire middle hp/rest state section. So there is no mistaking when you have attack on.

The last major addition is the target buff section. Since that *has* to be in the target window as well, it had to be off to the right somewhere. I considered having it a bunch of different ways, but in the end I felt this was the best solution (in case it isn't clear, it is the box under the disease and corruption resists). It takes up some of the chat space, and for those that use a lot of chat boxes I apologize, but this was the least obtrusive yet still easily usable solution I could come up with. At least I made the icons smaller so it doesn't take up as much room. By my calculations it should pretty much show all 85 buffs/debuffs a mob can possibly have, although I didn't have a raid and a raid mob to test that on. For those of you that do, please let me know how it works out, and maybe even take a screenshot and attach it here (you can do that when replying) or something so I can see it in action.

Because of the limitations of requiring the buff section to be part of the target window, the actual "window" is a big rectangle instead of just the L-shape you see on screen. That means that if you have a chat window behind the transparent section, trying to click on that chat window through it will be impossible unless you click a part outside that rectangle first, or move this piece away. Hopefully that isn't too much of an inconvenience as most people don't need to resize or move chat windows once they are in place, but I wanted you to be aware of it in case it causes issues. For clarification, the split occurs just to the left of the target (Vvoid) on my screenshot, so everything below and to the right of that is considered one window, even if you can't see it. If they ever fix it so those buffs don't need to be in the target window perhaps I will change it so this problem doesn't exist, but it should be pretty minor and am not too worried about it.

I will also be including a version of the target window which completely ignores the buffs for those that don't want them, but with that being the only way you can view and change buffs on mercenaries I'm guessing most will probably use it this way. Still, the option will be there.

That's all I can think of for now. Please let me know if you discover anything I missed or screwed up in the process of making these changes. I made drastic alterations to the way some of the pieces are made, so it is possible I missed something. With all the hassle this was, at least I will know for certain now if anyone copies me~

Enjoy!
Old 10-09-2008, 05:45 PM   #58
elie01
A Gray Wolf

I play a pure melee, I love this UI but with the "Melee" Combat abilities window, I can not see any casting bar. Although not needed, it is nice to know how long on self buff/clicky items are casting for. Any eta on a fix?

I see that the cast bar is on the left of the spells on casters, but on melee it is only maintained disc's. Also spells menu can't pop up on pure melee. I have also tried deleting the castspellwindow(bolth variations in case i mixed them up) and i don't even see the old generic one pop up to show me cast time. Any ideas/fix? even a fast fix for seeing the default would be helpfull atm.

(also switched to default to make shure the cast bar was in middle of screen, to make shure i wasn't just missing it on custom UI due to hidden behind something)
elie01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 05:49 PM   #59
Darkmourn
A Tundra Mammoth

I haven't checked the melee version yet, so I'll see what I can figure out when I get a chance. Since it isn't game-breaking it might take me a day or two to get to it, but I will fix it if it is possible, I promise.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:28 PM   #60
Feaellin
A Bat

Default Resolution

Is there any way that you could make a copy of this ui to be used in 1024x768 my monitor wont run any higher and i really likr the layout
Feaellin is offline   Reply With Quote