Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Released
User Name
Password

Old 10-10-2008, 09:45 AM   #61
Darkmourn
A Tundra Mammoth

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

It does work well at 1280 x 1024, but any smaller, particularly vertically due to the buff slots, and it just won't fit. Much as I would like to get another person hooked on this UI, scaling it down just isn't feasible. Sorry In order to do that I'd have to redraw/scale every graphic, and then hand adjust the values of every single thing in it. There is no simple way to do it. I wish there was, but there isn't. At least that I'm aware of anyway.
Darkmourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 04:26 PM   #62
Danaelle
A Ghoul

New to this UI, very impressed so far, many thanks for providing it.

Eagerly awaiting the config file upload as (being new to the UI) I am struggling to figure out how exactly to position everything and so on.

It looks like there's 2 chat windows showing in the picture you posted? One big central one and a smaller to the left? Is there anything I should be aware of if I wanted to divide the central one into 2? I'm used to having stuff sort into multiple spots to watch channels and so on.

Edit: Also curious what other people are doing when using for casters to replace the combat abilities window?

Last edited by Danaelle : 10-11-2008 at 05:19 PM.
Danaelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 11:10 AM   #63
elie01
A Gray Wolf

Not shure what type of caster you are, but i just deleted the whole side out, take out pet window + chat window(i also used the melee alternate hotbar which replaces where you would see your spellson top). This is also in 1900s resolution so a bit more space, but same theory.
elie01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 09:53 PM   #64
Darkmourn
A Tundra Mammoth

Uploaded a new update tonight that addressed a few issues:

Fixed an issue with target buffs not showing the proper border.
Fixed an issue with the combat state gauge being the wrong size.
Included /copylayout files for both resolutions.

Added the casting bar back into the melee folder. Due to the nature of the bar it is only movable when you are actually casting something, but it is there and you should be able to drag it around somewhere that you like. If you want it to go away again, copy the one from the hybrid folder back to the main UI. Essentially the only difference between the two is that the melee one has a size, and the hybrid one is size zero, so you can't see it.

To answer the question about pure casters that don't have a combat abilities section, basically I just extend a chat box up into that blank space. The chat boxes are just how I like to look at things, you can add or subtract them however you want. I even have a chat box under the pet window for stuff I don't need to see, in case I care to parse.

Please let me know if anything else comes up. I have a couple of changes I want to make that I'll probably do when the expansion comes out, but I don't plan on anything except necessary fixes until then.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:40 AM   #65
Sumamdar
A Gray Wolf

Server: Morell-Thule

Hey, Dark First off let me thank you for keeping this UI going. I have been using this since back on MT when the original author from Reviction started it, Jordaan IIRC. I have also only recently started looking into modifying it to add a couple things I wanted.

I have a question. The EXP/AA bar indicators that you have in the group window, I have added Group Leader and Raid Leader Exp Bars below them.You have on XP and AP in front of them, how do I add GP and RP in front of the bar indicators I added?
Sumamdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:39 AM   #66
Menana
A Fire Beetle

I am a healer class and love this ui, but since all the clickies were added to the group window, it has really messed with my layout and finding it difficult to make things work for me. I was wondering if there is a way I can get the group window without the clickies attached to it?

Thanks!
Menana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 11:02 PM   #67
Darkmourn
A Tundra Mammoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menana
I am a healer class and love this ui, but since all the clickies were added to the group window, it has really messed with my layout and finding it difficult to make things work for me. I was wondering if there is a way I can get the group window without the clickies attached to it?

Thanks!
Yeah, that's an easy fix. Just open up the 1280x1024 folder and use the group window that is in there. It has nothing off to the right at all.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:06 PM   #68
Darkmourn
A Tundra Mammoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumamdar
Hey, Dark First off let me thank you for keeping this UI going. I have been using this since back on MT when the original author from Reviction started it, Jordaan IIRC. I have also only recently started looking into modifying it to add a couple things I wanted.

I have a question. The EXP/AA bar indicators that you have in the group window, I have added Group Leader and Raid Leader Exp Bars below them.You have on XP and AP in front of them, how do I add GP and RP in front of the bar indicators I added?
Sorry, somehow I missed this post. Those are actually drawn on the graphic piece itself. If you want to edit it and "paint" it on, the file is Group_bg03.dds. You need to have something that edits dds files, but I think there are a few out there for free.

Since you brought it up, I had totally missed the fact that those bars are messed up on the UI, so I'm fixing them before I upload this latest version tonight.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:29 PM   #69
Darkmourn
A Tundra Mammoth

Uploading a new version now which fixes those xp bars, and also contains the version of the target window with no target buff window. It is located in the Alternate Pieces folder. Basically it just cuts the whole target buff section off so you don't even see it. Several people asked for it for various reasons, so here you go. Remember, you won't be able to see them at all with this version.

Hopefully they change it so you can move those to another window soon, but for now this is what we're stuck with.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:21 AM   #70
Menana
A Fire Beetle

Thanks Dark! Works like before now!
Menana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 04:17 PM   #71
Tremis Skaith
A Fire Beetle

Thank you very much for this UI! I recently came back after a 3 year break and found that none of my old Delta UI's would work. This is great and actually set for 1680x1050!

Is it possible to skin the hotbars so they have the same as the rest of the UI?

I have always been a fan of the Warcraft Buff Icons but when I tried to install the WoW Spell Gems from HERE they didn't show up. I have tried the older WoW spell gems as well but they don't show up either. Is there something I am missing?

Thanks again for the great work!
Tremis Skaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 11:41 AM   #72
Darkmourn
A Tundra Mammoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremis Skaith
Thank you very much for this UI! I recently came back after a 3 year break and found that none of my old Delta UI's would work. This is great and actually set for 1680x1050!

Is it possible to skin the hotbars so they have the same as the rest of the UI?
I'm sure it is. Never really paid any attention to it, but I'm sure it isn't something very difficult to do, I just have to find the time to do it. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Quote:
I have always been a fan of the Warcraft Buff Icons but when I tried to install the WoW Spell Gems from HERE they didn't show up. I have tried the older WoW spell gems as well but they don't show up either. Is there something I am missing?

Thanks again for the great work!
A similar icon request was made above, and the same solution applies. If you want different icons, you need to save them in .dds format for them to work, as that is what the UI looks for. The ones you downloaded were probably .tga. There are a few free utility programs available on the internet that will allow you to save them in .dds format, so it shouldn't be very hard to do.

As a note, I only keep the one icon set in my UI because everyone likes different things, and I can't keep 5 or 10 different options available. Not only is that confusing to a lot of people, but it makes it more of a pain for me to update if they ever make changes. That's why I tell people to just copy their own icons over if they want them different. It isn't because I'm not willing to be flexible, it is just that it is pretty easy for someone else to do and I can foresee it snowballing if I try to keep up with it myself.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:13 PM   #73
Tremis Skaith
A Fire Beetle

Thumbs up

Guess I missed the post about converting the .tga files.Thank you very much Dark, people like you make this game more enjoyable.
Tremis Skaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 07:18 AM   #74
Sumamdar
A Gray Wolf

Server: Morell-Thule

Do you have plans to extend the selector Window and add the Mercenary button?
Sumamdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 04:14 PM   #75
BikkunWolfen
A Fire Beetle

Default New Patch troubles

Looks like they broke the Buffs, Short Duration Buffs and Potion Belt Windows with this patch (12-9-2008) so far that I have found....
BikkunWolfen is offline   Reply With Quote