Yea we should though it may be weird since he seems to be using C# and I can't stand any .NET language. I have wrote everything in mine from scratch so it will be super fast and hopefully flexible, so if SOE adds new types later down the road they shouldn't break the editor. It may even be able to display them due to some basic properties that are common to all pieces like size and position and maybe even texture data. I have in place editing working somewhat and hope to have saving done by tomorrow evening. I only have support for the breathguage window atm and I would assume that the player window could be done as well seeing as its only 3 gauges and a screen. All other types are ignored as of now. I hope for a small alpha test this Friday so stayed tuned everyone.
Ok slight delay i realized a flaw in my logic that would make saving alot harder than it should be. This will only set me back a day because of the rewrite plus I just finished getting it to work in VC++ was using another IDE. Look for alpha on Sat I hope and hopefully it will allow more windows than just the breathgauge. But for sure you can edit that one and least text wise no graphic portion yet.
Thought id gave a small snapshot of what it looks like right now with the breathgauge all parsed out.
Ok the snags are done and I have gotten inline editing working fully. I am including an image which demonstrates the inline editing. To use it for now will simply be double click the value change it to what you want then click somewhere else. This will automatically cause it to paste in the new value. Expect a demo upload tonight *cross fingers*. I will try and get saving done as well.
**EDIT** Thought I would add in the partially working demo to illustrate inline editing. Only use the provided xml file as I can not guarantee it will load and others. Do not worry about file writing as I do not have saving enabled since it doesn't work yet.
Last edited by GreenDragon : 04-08-2007 at 06:00 PM.
Ok I am back now. I just got done fixing a week-long problem with my ram and I upgraded to a new hard drive and had to recover all my project files but now that I have that done I am working again. I have made some good changes. Right now it can load all files will filling out a default list. Saving is working to an extent. It will only save attributes that have changed the default value. I would not recommended saving to you working copy as I can not guarantee that saving will work 100% right now. I will post later today an demo I hope with saving enabled. One thing that is taking me longer is trying to create my own property-sheet type item from scratch since MFC will be way to much overhead. Good news with that is loading takes a fraction of a second.