Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Interface Wish List
User Name
Password

Old 09-08-2007, 11:41 PM   #1
beyondremorse
A Ghoul

Default Large Health / Mana Bar

I play the game at 1920 x 1200 on a 24inch flat screen. The issue with that is that any of the ui pieces that have stuff like hp / mana guages are tiny at that resolution.

I would like either to know how to enlarge one of the current ones so that I can actually read the bars and numbers, and see the timers better etc, or get a simple one made that has this basic idea.

I will just use an example. Seri has edited the Egras Mod. If you look at that main window, the one that shows hp / mana, has all the bags etc. All I want is the functionality of the HP and Mana part of it, but about 15% larger.

http://www.eqinterface.com/download...iew.php?id=8927

The information I want to see is pretty simple.

Hp Current# / Max #[============================] %
Mana Current# / Max #[============================] %

Basically that but large enough that its easy to see and watch. Honestly if I could take the top part of that UI part in Egras and enlarge it about 12 - 20% it would be perfect.

The only last thing I ask if someone does take this on is if there is any way possilbe please add the timer and icon for out of combat / resting to it.

Thank you very much for all the effort you guys give.

Kloke
beyondremorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 02:36 AM   #2
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

1920x1200... nice

I'm happy to do whatever mods you want if you'll do me a favour in return: I could do with someone testing my UI out at some higher resolutions and sending me the settings and some screenshots.

I've already got some large bars in use in my UI, it's a piece of cake to add those wherever you want.

Take a look at my UI, and let me know if those bars will be too big, or if they'd be ok for you:
http://www.eqinterface.com/download....php?s=&id=5346

Myx
myxiplx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:29 AM   #3
Catweazel
A Ghoul

I finished setting your (Myx) UI up on 1600x1200 last night. The only problem left is the "small" map window, which I have positioned, but not resized.

Unfortunately, that is the largest resolution I can get to, but if you need help with someone playing with your ini files, let me know.
Catweazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 03:41 PM   #4
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

Cool, could you e-mail me a screenshot of it at 1600x1200 and your ini file please (myxiplx---usual bit---hotmail.com)? I'll add that to the list of supported resolutions.

thanks,

Myx
Old 09-09-2007, 08:59 PM   #5
beyondremorse
A Ghoul

Default Sure

Not a problem at all, I have used your interface in the past, I really like your stuff, but it was way to tiny when I upped my resolution for these monitors. I will put it at 1920 x 1200 for ya and take a screenie, so you know what I see. I want the health / mana to be movable if possible fyi, and as big as the mana is on your screen now, maybe just add the HP right above that one. I will check out the bars tonight, know though they are probably the right size on your screen now, once I turn it up that high they may be tiny again lol.

That is my current problem, if I look at some of these ui's run at 1280 x 1024 they look awsome, and then I put them in my resolution and they are barely readable lol. One thing I do know that I need is a way to take something out of a bag and click it as I need it on my default interface

Edit: I looked at your UI on the screenshot. Basically when you look at the JUST mana bar you have, I would like the health above that like your other screenshot but both of the bars to be as big as that mana bar. And I would like the exact and maximum numbers Bigger. I want to be able to glance and see quickly what I am at exactly, while I like the %tage when I am going to cast a spell I will watch my mana, knowing on a raid that I can cast a spell at 1100 mana etc, I stare at it till I get it hehe. Or when I need to buff after a death.

The only other issue I see with your interface between what I have now, is i want to see the name of the spells I am casting, I will take a screenshot of my current UI for you, its really crapp atm because it is after the patch, but you will get an idea of what I use.

Thank you for all of your help!

~ Kloke

Last edited by beyondremorse : 09-09-2007 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Because I added more info.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:13 PM   #6
beyondremorse
A Ghoul

Default ...

Well lol, I took the pics for you, but I cannot seem to find a place that will post a full size screen shot. Everyone shrinks it down to like 640 x 480. I tried photobucket, yahoo pictures, and shutterfly.

Need some suggestions lol.

~ Klo
Old 09-09-2007, 11:26 PM   #7
Serianna
~The Semi Retired~

Server: Nameless, Formerly of Fennin Ro.

If you Email me the pic file (just put it in a zip folder) at Serianna {appropriate symbol} [dot] Net I can host it for you so myx can see

Seri~

"Oh my... someone help me, Ive got a main and 5 boxes to feed!"

Last edited by Serianna : 09-10-2007 at 09:38 AM.
Serianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:31 PM   #8
beyondremorse
A Ghoul

Default Awsome

Ok I will do that when I get back home tommorow, it's odd the two people that I have blended their interfaces offering to help!

You both will see that I have some of each of your UI's awsome job guys!

~ Klo
Old 09-10-2007, 01:23 AM   #9
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

E-mail it straight to me, my e-mail address is in the post above, just needs the @ symbol adding in

I don't ever type my e-mail address in full on forums as that's an easy way to get spam mail.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:36 AM   #10
Serianna
~The Semi Retired~

Heh good idea Myx didnt even think of that.

Seri~
Old 09-10-2007, 01:19 PM   #11
Serianna
~The Semi Retired~

Okies heres Beyond's screen shot

http://www.bellemorte.net/id11.html

My personal web site for photos and videos so I know its safe

Seri~
Old 09-10-2007, 04:16 PM   #12
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

Ok, I'm not very familiar with Seri's UI so let me know what you think of this suggestion and whether I'm on the right lines.

I'm guessing that changing your existing HP / End bar in the centre would be a pain, that looks to me like it's part of hotkey 1, so resizing that means re-working all that code. However your actual player window appears to be the transparent bars just to the left of centre in your main window (I can just make out a tiny combat timer).

That being the case, they're already free floating so adapting those to enlarge the bars and add the text in a larger font should be a piece of cake.

What bars do you want there? Do you want to keep the target and hott health there too? And how is this for a layout?

[ \ / ] 1111 [-------------------- ] 2222
[ / \ ] 3333 [-------------------- ] 4444

So you've got a large combat graphic on the left (I'll fit the timer in there somewhere too), and on the right you've got your current health/mana on the left of the guages and your max health/mana on the right.

If that sounds ok let me know and I'll have a go at it this week.

Myx

PS. Very interesting to see a UI at 1920x1200. I can see me tweaking my UI to come up with some better settings for that resolution
Old 09-10-2007, 11:12 PM   #13
beyondremorse
A Ghoul

Default ...

I like that idea, basically enlarging the target and making that my hp and mana gauge. I would also like to know if you can make your all in one target bigger for me, as I love the layout but as you can see its too small by far at my resolution. I would like it about big enough to stretch across that row of clickies, and as tall as where my casting bar is so I can make use of your casting bar instead.

With your ideas and mine this is what I foresee possibly. I would like to use your all in one for target and hott if you can enlarge it quite a bit.

As far as this part Lets see I would like it.

[ \ / ] Current / Max Health [--------------------] %
[ / \ ] Current / Max Mana [---------------------] %
[--------------------------------------------] Time till rested, only shown if it is changing, would be cool if this bar could slide  way as it counts down. If not a decent sized timer under it would be good. You see my issue the rest timer is SO tiny no matter what I download.

In all of those I want big numbers, you would not upset me if they are halfway between bold and huge lol. I would not mind them standing out, I saw a mod that had them in some sort of glowing neon green heh, what ever works as long as you can read it in bright zones.

Let me know if you have any other ideas.

~ Klo

P.S. Thank you very much for all of your help. I am excited to see what you come up with!
Old 09-12-2007, 06:41 PM   #14
beyondremorse
A Ghoul

Default ...

Hey Myx,

Did you get to see this? Want to make sure you did get to check it out.

~ Klo

Btw, you can reach me on Stromm as Kloket
Old 09-13-2007, 01:02 AM   #15
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

sorry, yeah, I saw it. Got it on my computer now

I did a little bit of work last night, hoping to find the time tonight to finish it.