Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 10-28-2005, 10:39 PM   #1
taiisien
A Gray Wolf

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Solution to windows mouse pointers...

I honestly tried to find the code that references this cursor but could not. I even had dreamweaver do a search of my entire everquest directory for "cursor", "arrow", ".cur" and several others, all of this was to no avail. I did however find a work around even if it is a bit tedious.

1. Copy and paste the new default ui folder into your uifiles folder.

2. Rename this to what you want your ui to be called

3. Copy the contents from the default_old and paste them in the folder you just created. Now with this you will need to click yes to all when it says "this file already exists, do you want to replace it with this one".

4. Copy the contents from your old custom ui folder and paste them in the folder you just created. again you will need to click yes to all when it asks to replace files.

Taa Daa, now you have a working in game mouse with their pretty new cursor. To the best of my knowledge if you use a different .cur file it should work too however it is my understanding that since i cannot find the code pointing to this file that you should name it "arrow.cur".

Lastly if you do make your own cursor you may need to update your "window_pieces01" file as it has a picture of the cursor on it.

Hope this helps some.
Taii
taiisien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 01:08 AM   #2
Flar
A Gray Wolf

As I see it, there is a switch somewhere that tell to use the UI cursors rather than the system default.

The only place where the window_pieces01.tga is referenced that could be in relation with the mouse cursor is in the EQUI_Animation.xml with the old A_DefaultCursor section. However, changing that section has strictly no effect with my custom UI, neither has changing the arrow.cur and window_pieces01. There must be some sort of incompatibility somwhere that forces it to fall back to system default but....

I'm honestly puzzled.
Flar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 04:23 PM   #3
taiisien
A Gray Wolf

aye i agree but until i can figure out what the actual trigger is this will work.
taiisien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 05:15 PM   #4
Jegehrke
A Gray Wolf

Default Trouble with "circle curser by zip"

Since you guys are trying to get your mouse cursers to work, I was wondering if the problem might be the same as mine. I have been using the Circle Curser by zip for some time and have loved it. Have tried installing it into my new ui and all I end up with is a blank white arrow. Have tried installing it several times so am pretty sure I have followed the authors instrucions correctly. Was wondering if something else needed to be changed since the last update sony has done. Any ideas would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Jegehrke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 12:16 AM   #5
Kryscha
A Fire Beetle

I think I figured this out. The new mouse doesn't actually see m to use the defined textures in EQ_Animations any more. It uses the .cur files. In the 'new' default directory, there are four or five .cur files, one for normal, drag, etc. Copy these into your custom folder, and the new mouse pointer should be working.
Kryscha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 03:06 AM   #6
Jegehrke
A Gray Wolf

Default .cur ?

I didnt see any .cur in the cursor section of the default EQ_animation section. Is there somewhere else I should look? Thanks
Jegehrke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 03:37 AM   #7
Flar
A Gray Wolf

I experimented a bit.

Seems you will get the system default cursors unless all seven .cur files are in the directory, and in a correct format (arrow.cur ew.cur ibeam.cur move.cur nesw.cur ns.cur nwse.cur)

Now, about the format, they switched for the old tga to a "normal" ico format.

I've had problems with the cursor positioning even after using ico format tho. It would seem a format of 32 bits per pixel, 8 bits alpha will put the cursor way above the clicking point, when a format of 8 bits per pixel, one bit alpha will put it just a few pixel above where it should be.

Being a bit ignorant about graphic files, I have no idea what is the difference between the arrow.cur in default and the one I create. All parameters seem to be the same, yet my custom arrow is drawn above where is should be when the default arrow is OK
Flar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 05:39 AM   #8
Zsane
A Bat

Goto control panel in windows it self and then mouse to change your mouse cursor Icon to the new one out of your eq folder default new one click apply..and poof you know use your new eq cursor for you windows set up and it works in game now............try that worked for me...........I do how ever still have the issue of the item on you mouse lags behind a little as youi move the cursor around.....
Zsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 08:27 AM   #9
Weskat
A Tempest Toad

Server: Tunare - mostly retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsane
snip
I do how ever still have the issue of the item on you mouse lags behind a little as youi move the cursor around.....

That is due to your mouse display not lagging and the item display is lagging
Weskat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 02:42 PM   #10
Pastie
A Bat

Easy solution. Open up default UI folder - search for .cur files
copy all 7 .cur files to your new UI folder and reload your custom UI, the cursors will have changed.

Just spent 10 minutes looking for this and someone in this thread mentioned all 7 files. Thanks
Pastie is offline   Reply With Quote