Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Graphics modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 12-19-2002, 02:55 PM   #1
suric1
A Fire Beetle

Default Spell Icons Template

Basically when I download a set of Spell icons, there are 7 targa files.

5 of them are for the big spellbook icons, and 2 are for mini icons.

I can make the icons np in Lightwave and Photoshop, however what im looking for is a template tell me in what order i have to make the icons in for each targa set.

Unless there is a way to extract the original EQ Icon set, and then just modify it?

Any help in making new Spell Icon sets would be extremely helpful, cause i wanna get started on that asap =D
suric1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 03:25 PM   #2
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

well those 7 files are in the default folder too.. as the orginal icons..

I too want to work on a custom set of spell icons, but so far no one has made a "key chart" to what each one is used for, mainly because most are used for more than one.

I will talk to someone at SOE and see if there *is* a Spell Key Chart.. hopefully one will turn up..

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 03:26 PM   #3
suric1
A Fire Beetle

Default Well I'll fool with it then

I have access to a high lvl Druid, Mage, NEcro and Wizard, so i can make 4 different sets for each class i guess.
Old 12-20-2002, 10:13 AM   #4
grottel
Grimling Code Editor

Server: Xev

The icon keyid can be parsed from the em_spells.txt file (name might be off slightly off. Otherwise visit http://lucy.fnord.net/index.html
Look up any spell and then look at the "RAW DATA"

For instance here is the link for Spirit of Wolf

You'll see a bunch of attributes - for this you are interested "BookIcon" and "GemIcon".

Finally, you can right click the icon of the spell being displayed at the top and that will show how Lucy mapped it.

Someone enterprising could whip up a quick catalog for easier reference to how they are organized in the UI file.
grottel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2002, 12:53 PM   #5
suric1
A Fire Beetle

Very helpful, thank you =D
Old 12-28-2002, 12:40 PM   #6
grottel
Grimling Code Editor

Default Icon Catalog

Not quite complete but heres a good start.

I still dont understand how ALL the icons work or where they are used. My main experience has been a chanter. Anyway, if you're looking to create a new set of graphics, this catalog should help.
Fortunately, SOE took pity on us and made the SPELLS_EN.TXT available as an ASCII text file.

My recommendation is to import SPELLS_EN.TXT into a spreadsheet. Column 2 has the Spell names and column 132 has the SPELL ICON value being referred to in the attached JPG image.

<<just remembered that the _EN means "english" so if you are using EQ with a different language, then the it may have a different suffix>>
Attached Images
File Type: jpg icon_catalog.jpg (265.0 KB, 115 views)
Old 12-28-2002, 02:28 PM   #7
Jerhyn
A Bat

Default Re: Icon Catalog

Quote:
Originally posted by grottel
Not quite complete but heres a good start.

I still dont understand how ALL the icons work or where they are used. My main experience has been a chanter. Anyway, if you're looking to create a new set of graphics, this catalog should help.
Fortunately, SOE took pity on us and made the SPELLS_EN.TXT available as an ASCII text file.

My recommendation is to import SPELLS_EN.TXT into a spreadsheet. Column 2 has the Spell names and column 132 has the SPELL ICON value being referred to in the attached JPG image.

<<just remembered that the _EN means "english" so if you are using EQ with a different language, then the it may have a different suffix>>

That map is a big help. Imported the spells_en.txt into excel and I can see exactly how the icons are picked out of the tga files now. Deleting all the columns 3-131 made it real easy to pick'em out of the map.

Now, does anyone know which column shows the mapping of the gem icons and/or have a map for the 2 gem icon tga files?
Jerhyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 09:19 AM   #8
grottel
Grimling Code Editor

LOL - sorry I should have posted that info as well.

Book Icon = Column 45
Gem Icon = Column 46
Casting Animation = 108
Spell Icon = Column 132
Spell Animation = Column 133

Like I said, I've still not satisfied myself with how these are valued. But attached is a chart you can play with.

side note - I've already noticed one error by Verant using my first icon catalog - the Spell icon for TELESCOPE is incorrect. This effect is shown when using a tinkered Spyglass- it should be 106 instead of 161.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg icon_catalog2.jpg (153.7 KB, 62 views)

Last edited by grottel : 12-30-2002 at 04:52 PM.