Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Graphics modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 09-24-2002, 07:56 PM   #1
lunakin
A Shissar Defiler

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default %*&*^! Alpha channel!

I'm trying to make my own target bar graphic to use. I've got it drawn, and it fits in to my target window fine, but the fill is totally messed up, Instead of filling in the color, I get about 1 pixel of the color I want, 5 pixels of no fill, and the bottom of the bar is white. I'm sure it has something to do with the alpha channel...I just can't figure out what to do to it to make it work.... HELP!

Here's the .tga and the targetwindow .xml, could someone take a look and try to fix? It's set up to work in Vert, and I'm not including those files as I'm pretty sure I have the xml right (plus I'm gettin good at fooling around with that), just need the help on the alpha. So far I've tried selectin the graphic and saving it as alpha, inverting it, then saving to alpha, saving it as a transparent layer to alpha, and inverting the trans layer and saving it to alpha....kinda stuck from there....

Many many thanks in advance.
lunakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 10:27 PM   #2
lunakin
A Shissar Defiler

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Ahhhh, I got it

I re-read Xeno's post on creating graphics, immediately finding the part about correctly sizing your .tga files....mine was 250, 39. =P Now it's 256, 64, retweaked the .xml for the new size and position locs, and Im gots working bar!

Thanks to everyone that has posted here, I've learned all I know about this stuff in the last 2 weeks on this board and from fooling around with psp and sidl widl. There's alot of great info on these boards, keep it up!

Lunakin
58 Ranger
SBOW
E'ci
lunakin is offline   Reply With Quote