Password

Old 09-18-2002, 08:05 AM   #1
Atheenath Dawns
A Wooly Rhino

Server: Tunare
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Talking Athee's LocWizard BETA 1.0

Hi guys, im back !

My location wizard MOD is finally released. Its still a Beta version, but fully operational. Contains over 700 locs all over the EQ world.

Ive seen many MODS with maps, but a map is worth crap when your lost, and especially when you tend to, like me, look for a zone running with a Benny Hill type of line of mobs on your arse

General continent tabs (norrath, kunark, velious, luclin) gives locs of all zone connections, dungeons entrances, wiz druid and nexus rings, gems vendors when they sell peridots, as well as docks when applicable. Also listed are popular outside dungeons like Giant forts, or mobs cities, etc. Zones like OOT or TD give locations for every island.

Cities tabs gives locs of all the zone connections, all the classes guilds (or class trainers for luclin when there is no actual guild), banks, docks when applicable, and gems vendors when they sell peridots.

Succor tab gives landing loc of succors in all the zones, dungeons (and planes) included, as well as a brief description of where you land.

It can be downloaded **EDIT** Beta 2 is out, check page 4 for link
Locs were obtained through eqmaps.com, eqatlas.com, and eqdruids.com mainly.

Dont be afraid of the mod size. Unlike maps MODS that use pictures, and despite of its 700+ locs, its very small (48kb), since all it contains is text and code.

It uses the EQUI_FeedbackWnd.xml file, and is toggled on by typing /F in game. That keyboard shortcut is hardcoded within the original window, and therefore cannot be changed.

You get out of the mod by pressing the Esc key.

/Enjoy !!

Atheen

Here is a screenie

PS : This is a BETA version. (Once I am sure that they are no errors in the locs anymore, I will remove the word beta) Most of these locs were taken from EQMaps.com, EQAtlas.com and the succors were taken from EQDruids.com. I obviously didn't check them all, and it would be delusional and extremely arrogant for me to believe that I didn't do any mistakes entering over 1400 locs and 2250 labels in 51066 lines of code. So if you happened to notice an error, please email me to [email protected] and mention the zone, the item and the correct loc.

Please email me SIGNIFICANT errors, don't bother sending me an email because I wrote pos300 and it was pos297...

I hope this mod will be as useful to you than it is to me already.
Cothslave wannabe on her 58th Cycle
Allanath Feline
Everlost Wanderer on her 53rd cycle

Last edited by Atheenath Dawns : 09-22-2002 at 11:18 AM.
Old 09-18-2002, 12:19 PM   #2
EQMonkey
A Fire Beetle

Default Woah

Lovely, amazing work there.
Old 09-18-2002, 01:46 PM   #3
Atheenath Dawns
A Wooly Rhino

Smile

Woot thank u !

I wanted to edit my original post and add a poll, but apparently i cant do that so I will just ask in here instead of starting a new thread.

I was wondering if you guys would find it better if I added a tag containing the original eq /feedback window. I personally never used it, (and basically you can allways /load default if you want to get it up), but I was wondering how many of you would actually find it an improovement to the above mod if there was an additional tag containing the feedback window.

It wouldnt change anything to the mod, except for an additional tag and a slightly wider size.

Another option would be to put it at the bottom (scrolling down) of the last tag (the succor one basically)

Please tell me what you think, and give me your comments. They are the only indications I have to know if you liked a mod or not, and if not, why

Atheen
Old 09-18-2002, 02:23 PM   #4
Jahari Durden
A Tundra Mammoth

Thumbs up

Absolutely brilliant work. Thanks a whole lot, especially for putting it in the feedback window. Now I can keep my map mod and my Quartz UI.

I personally don't miss the feedback window one bit, really.. But I suppose you could put it in another tab if there was demand for it.. I'd appreciate two versions then, one with and one without the tab.. I personally would rather have this mod without.

Thanks again for this great work.
Old 09-18-2002, 02:26 PM   #5
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Please do re-add the /feedback functionality.

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Old 09-18-2002, 04:01 PM   #6
Stanly Stabbems
A Gray Wolf

Default ???

Can u Get banned for Using something like that?

Thanx
Old 09-18-2002, 04:13 PM   #7
alpacapagani
A Ghoul

Server: Luclin
Send a message via AIM to alpacapagani
Default ...

No
Old 09-18-2002, 04:18 PM   #8
Stanly Stabbems
A Gray Wolf

U sure heh? LOL
Old 09-18-2002, 04:48 PM   #9
EQMonkey
A Fire Beetle

Yes
Old 09-18-2002, 04:50 PM   #10
Brimztone
A Wooly Rhino

Server: Povar
Default To answer your question ...

http://eqtoolbox.not.net/modules.ph...order=0&thold=0

Roy Eltham, Senior Programmer for Everquest interview

To be specific ...

Question: Could we get an exact definition as to what kind of UI mods would be against the EULA now. We assume if it doesn't interact with the datastream or alter the actual client's code, it would be allowed.

Answer: UI mods should not be able to violate the EULA. However, if through some bug in our system you should find a way to alter the code of the game such that it allows you to exploit or cheat then it will be considered a violation. However, while I can't say this will never happen, I can say that is it very unlikely because we have set thing up in such a way that it should not be possible.
Old 09-18-2002, 05:02 PM   #11
Atheenath Dawns
A Wooly Rhino

Cmon guys more imput on whether or not you would like another tag with the /feedback original window

So far I have one no and one yes, which doesnt really help me :P

Atheen
Old 09-18-2002, 05:07 PM   #12
Succubus
A Hill Giant

Server: Morell-Thule

I personally love this addition to my existing mod. As to whether or not to make the feedback function available, I can see where it would be handy to have but it's personally not necessary to me.

Great job
Old 09-18-2002, 05:20 PM   #13
Yelara
A Shissar Defiler

Server: ayonae ro
Send a message via ICQ to Yelara Send a message via AIM to Yelara Send a message via Yahoo to Yelara

I think I'm in love.

THANK YOU!!
THANK YOU!!
THANK YOU!!
THANK YOU!!

You've solved a miriad of problems for me.

As for putting the /feedback tag - IMO it's not worth the trouble. In almost 4 yrs of EQ'ing (Since B2) I think I've used the Feedback feature twice?
Old 09-18-2002, 05:28 PM   #14
xndor
A Snow Cougar

Yeah i think u should readd the /feedback feture ( just incase u know and it would be faster than /loadskin defualt ) jsuy my opinion and great work BTW
Old 09-18-2002, 06:47 PM   #15
Bruuss
A Treant

Add the /feedback functionality...