Password

Old 07-15-2004, 08:27 PM   #16
Kuvasie
A Tempest Toad

Server: Luclin
Featured Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoonn
i also would like to know if this would be updated?

It is my favorite one and would hate to switch to another.
Dracosy Blackring
Reptillian Empire
Brell Server

This one is updated and avaliable for download.

Kuv
Old 07-16-2004, 12:26 AM   #17
Gwynafear
A Hill Giant

Ok, I am not sure what I am doing wrong, so maybe you can tell me Kuv. I am using Kaori 4 as the base UI. I dropped in the Player window from the T.King briar UI. Works great, love the look. After the 7/14 changes I went and DLed the most recent version so I would have my mana numbers on there. I took a look at the code and it looked to be the same as what I did when I tried to code it. (Which didn't work.) But I extracted it, and tested it, and the mana numbers are not showing up. The player window is there, (which is better than what I did as I kept defaulting), but the mana numbers are not in it. Is there a file other than the player window.XML that has to be dropped into the folder to get the numbers? I didn't see one when I looked at the code, but being a bare bones amature, I could have easily missed it. Thanks for the help.
Old 07-16-2004, 04:05 PM   #18
Henaketh
A Treant

Server: Brell

I'm hoping for updates for the KatnTK Lore, Beast, and Celtic UI's to show the mana counts. PLEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSEEE.
Old 07-16-2004, 04:16 PM   #19
Kuvasie
A Tempest Toad

Featured Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwynafear
Ok, I am not sure what I am doing wrong, so maybe you can tell me Kuv. I am using Kaori 4 as the base UI. I dropped in the Player window from the T.King briar UI. Works great, love the look. After the 7/14 changes I went and DLed the most recent version so I would have my mana numbers on there. I took a look at the code and it looked to be the same as what I did when I tried to code it. (Which didn't work.) But I extracted it, and tested it, and the mana numbers are not showing up. The player window is there, (which is better than what I did as I kept defaulting), but the mana numbers are not in it. Is there a file other than the player window.XML that has to be dropped into the folder to get the numbers? I didn't see one when I looked at the code, but being a bare bones amature, I could have easily missed it. Thanks for the help.

Wow, I really don't have any idea. It should have worked and if you are seeing the window then it is seperable. Other than the graphics file there shouldn't be any other files required.

Kuv
Kuvasie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 04:17 PM   #20
Kuvasie
A Tempest Toad

Featured Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henaketh
I'm hoping for updates for the KatnTK Lore, Beast, and Celtic UI's to show the mana counts. PLEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSEEE.

Don't know about Katn's UIs, but T.King's Celtic SE is complete.

Kuv
Old 07-16-2004, 05:14 PM   #21
Gwynafear
A Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuvasie
Wow, I really don't have any idea. It should have worked and if you are seeing the window then it is seperable. Other than the graphics file there shouldn't be any other files required.

Kuv

Hmmm, didn't think about this till just now, but would I need to update the graphic file as well for the mana? I Iwll go take a look at which one it uses and try that. That may be what it is. As when I updated the drop in, I only copied the XML file. I will go back and check the graphic. But I assumed the text was written into the code and not into the graphic. Other than that, I am not sure. Is there and address I could zip it up and send the UI to you? So you could look it over if this doesn't fix it? Thanks again for the help.
Gwynafear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 05:16 PM   #22
Nastun
A Ghoul

Server: Mith Marr
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via AIM to Nastun
Default T.King Player with Mana(Nastun Mod)

This is a Nastun Mod to what I think is the best UI mods for caster classes. Kuvasie's Arcane is awesome. Here's my version of her player window.

Hope you like it.

DOWNLOAD:
Arcane Player Window

-=OUNVME=-
Nastun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 08:48 PM   #23
dragoonn
A Gray Wolf

Server: Brell Serelious

ok, i can't seem to find the updated file, could someoine point it to me please?
much appreciated.
Dracosy blackring
dragoonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 08:52 AM   #24
Drakah
Skinning Guru

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

The old EQ style inventory for Tking Celtic has been created as well.

Drakah

shakahr.com
Remember...it is only a GAME
Drakah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 09:14 AM   #25
Gwynafear
A Hill Giant

Ok, I figured it out Kuv. It wasn't the coding. Somehow I managed to drop it into a different test folder than the one that got loaded into the actual game. Something odd with WINZIP since it should have defaulted to the UI Files folder. But it works now.

Question for you, is there any way that the mana could be put down next to the where the original hps were? Just kind of move the old hps over to the left and put the mana on the right side bottom? I think it would improve readablilty of both of them. Especially the hps when they are in green on top of the green gem. Not complaining, just wondering. Thanks for the help!

P.S The updated T.King files are found in the download area under the "featured" catagory.
Old 07-17-2004, 09:37 AM   #26
Lifebane
A Bat

Cool

trying to find a modified player or inventory window for the cairenn ui that includes mana, no luck yet. My vain attempts at adjusting it haven't met with much success.

this is ss of the ui: http://www.eqinterface.com/download...umbs.php?id=971
Lifebane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 10:33 AM   #27
Kuvasie
A Tempest Toad

Featured Artist

Quote:
Question for you, is there any way that the mana could be put down next to the where the original hps were? Just kind of move the old hps over to the left and put the mana on the right side bottom? I think it would improve readablilty of both of them. Especially the hps when they are in green on top of the green gem. Not complaining, just wondering. Thanks for the help!

Terrific - glad you figured it out. I use this window on my ranger and played last night. I may make some changes just not sure what. Everything seems to be getting so crowded. Thanks for the suggestions. I am wondering with the exact numbers available and the ability to mouse over the bars for percentages, is it really necessary to display the both the percentages and teh exact numbers. How about just the numbers?

Kuv

Last edited by Kuvasie : 07-17-2004 at 11:38 AM.
Old 07-18-2004, 10:13 AM   #28
Gwynafear
A Hill Giant

Hmmmm, not a bad idea, but I would leave at least the mana percentage. Since when reporting mana to other members of your group/raid most people I know uses percentages. But I don't think I have ever seen anyone use percantages in HP or Stam for reporting purposes. So I can see where you could take them off the stam and HP bars. I agree with you when you say it is starting to look a bit cluttered. That's why I was suggesting dropping the mana numbers down. I thought it would look a little bit less so. For a melee I would put the stamina there instead of course. Actually, as I sit here and type this and think about it, I would make 2 versions of it anyway. One melee, one caster. As far as I know, casters don't have much use for the stamina bar/numbers so just take it out of their version entirely (And of course vice versa for the melee types). At least as far as the percentages and numbers go. Not sure how much of a pain it would be to drop the bar and readjust the rest. So just take the percentages and numbers out for the relevant class and just put it in for the using class. (Is anyone totally confused yet?) Just my 2cp on it.

Good Luck and good hunting!