Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Request
User Name
Password

Old 10-21-2006, 06:00 AM   #1
xtightypantsx
A Ghoul

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Donating 150$ To a talented UI artist!

Ok ok i know im beating a dead horse with this one. But i really want to see a very accurate version of the classic UI. Ive seen all the current ones out there Fabbe's is the best and Yonu has been doing some good stuff on that UI latly but its getting outdated and I think it would be great to see a fresher one come out. so heres the deal If one of you guys wants to work on this do so.. send me pictures when you are done and ill send you 150.00 thru paypal. Then you post it on eqinterface for the rest of the eq community to use.

Heres a few things that might be cool

Getting as close to the classic interface as possible

cleverly hiding things that werent useable in the old UI

spell gems that work with the old UI

Ive tried to do some of this myself but i know nothing about xml and ive seen some of the work done by the talented artists in these forums and I know I wont ever compare.

If any of you are interested send me an email at [email protected]

here is a photo refrence of the old UI attached to this post.. if you need more refrences i have pictures of all the buttons inventory windows ect.. just email me at the address above and i will send you those pictures

picture of the main screen

Picture of inventory

spell gems

misc

Last edited by xtightypantsx : 05-11-2007 at 02:56 AM.
xtightypantsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 07:31 PM   #2
axeion
A Predatory Creeper

Server: bristlebane

xtightypantsx gota at least thank ya for the screens of old ui . was gona instal eq on old comp to get pics .theirs problems from old to new that would need more than code an photoshop.its more of how close do you want to get an still be playable in todays game.

6 hot keys just not gona cut it any more.spell bar would need to be over sized . a set screen resolution wouldbe best to make parts fit together better.think it was 800x600 back then.the persona pic would i think have to be a screen shot tho one could set screen shots to animation ,um spell gems would be somewhat of a problem .not to mention multiple chats ( love that ol chat window sigh )

forgot how effects on you was shown an where .im geting long in the tooth sigh.Some parts of the original ui i likes alot ( chat window ) ol gauges were cool to ..what did the old spell book look like?

"A man has honor if he holds himself to an ideal of conduct though it is inconvenient, unprofitable, or dangerous to do so. "
Walter Lippmann
axeion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 01:23 AM   #3
xtightypantsx
A Ghoul

Heres more pics of the old UI including the spellbook. I think i would want to get as close to the classic one as possible but still have a few things like having more hotkeys.. possibly a second chat window. But things like the window selector would go.. that little eq button be hidden ect.. the actions window would have buttons instead of tabs for the different areas. windows could be brought up using the ctrl commands..(thats what i do anyway) other than that not much of the new stuff needs to be seen.. things like shroud progression evolving items, the face and dye buttons and all that stuff thats more rarely used you could just switch to the default ui to use.. I think this Ui would be used Just for basic grouping because i know i never use shroud progression and things like that when im grouping.. I dont know.. tell me if any of that is possible.. And id like to hear people's thoughts on this.

P.S I think that screenshot idea for the persona is a good idea.. just have a stationary screenshot that people can customise i think it would work.. it could work as the area where you auto equip

If anyone has any cool ideas about this post here or email me..

Thank you.. here are the pics

Old 10-22-2006, 01:25 AM   #4
xtightypantsx
A Ghoul

oh and 1024 by 768 is the screen resolution i think we should go for.. its not too big and not too small.. ok thanks
Old 10-22-2006, 02:36 AM   #5
xtightypantsx
A Ghoul

Here is one more good picture showing how effects worked and also showing spell gems.. ok thats the last one i promise

Old 11-02-2006, 11:43 AM   #6
Chakarum
A Shissar Disciple

Default I'll give it a try

I'm currently finishing making Thangor's Inventory fully compatible with the inventory tabs and new corruption save, so as soon as I'm done with that I'm game for this. May take a bit of time, however, as those graphics would probably have to be recreated. If you have good tga files of them, PM me and I'll give ya a place to email them; would save some time. Otherwise, dosnt look too difficult really.
Chakarum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 03:19 PM   #7
Inokis
Pale Scrawny Guy

Server: Bristlebane // Erollisi Marr
Send a message via Yahoo to Inokis

Yonu is making regular updates to the beta default UI, why reinvent the wheel?
Old 03-01-2007, 07:07 PM   #8
cadmere
A Gray Wolf

Ill pitch in with 50$ for this as well. I would also like to see the live character doll on the top right corner of the screen with the inventory. This UI would make my day.

cadmere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:14 PM   #9
cadmere
A Gray Wolf

On top of that, I would really like to see the original screen resolution as an option
cadmere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 06:43 AM   #10
cerinity
A Snow Cougar

Server: Druzzil Ro

You guys are nutz. lol i HATED that stupid UI when I first started playing. You can't see squat except UI windows!
cerinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:17 AM   #11
danille
Feeling Elemental?

Server: Bristlebane

Good luck with the UI. If you like the retro look.

Personally I hated that UI, It's like playing the game through a friggen tube.

90% of your view is the UI with 10% being your environment

Danille Impholder
The Magician's Tower
Bristlebane ~ Sol Invictus
Keep Norrath Safe
Caretaker of AYA
danille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 07:28 PM   #12
cerinity
A Snow Cougar

Server: Druzzil Ro

exactly!

/boggle
cerinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 11:24 AM   #13
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

Server: Bertoxxulous

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadmere
On top of that, I would really like to see the original screen resolution as an option

There was never 1 solid forced resolution for EQ. It simply defaulted to 640x480 and required a change in either the INI or later the options window from the login screen. No amount of talent can give you that resolution in a UI if you do not already have it available. Playing at that resolution would be very very difficult as well, EQ has grown to the point where even 800x600 just doesn't cut it like it used to.

"Computers are like Air Conditioners, they stop working properly when you open Windows."
shillingworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 11:25 AM   #14
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

Server: Bertoxxulous

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadmere
Ill pitch in with 50$ for this as well. I would also like to see the live character doll on the top right corner of the screen with the inventory. This UI would make my day.

The character preview is impossible. Closest you could do is put in a screenshot of your character there now. Have no clue why they removed that from EQ but they don't seem like they'll be implementing it again.
shillingworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:07 PM   #15
Eanelder
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shillingworth
The character preview is impossible. Closest you could do is put in a screenshot of your character there now. Have no clue why they removed that from EQ but they don't seem like they'll be implementing it again.

Wow... i dont remember that ever being there.

Definately a shame they got ride of that.
Eanelder is offline   Reply With Quote