Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 03-23-2023, 04:04 PM   #16
Emilari
A Snow Cougar

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Not that I've seen - the closest thing is the error logs within the converter tool itself and associated files (which seem to be written in CSS which I don't understand). The issue I've been having with the converter is that it won't produce any html files - it produces all the others, but it keeps telling me things like "WDT_Rounded isn't found in the rules" yet when I manually go and look into the rules the converter uses, it's there.

No HTML files existing explains why I can't get mine to load. There's also nothing I've found similar to SIDL.xml to help explain all the available elements and their default settings which I find frustrating and prohibiting me from manually experimenting with things much.

I've even made basic modifications to the story window (moving the checkbox, resizing the Listbox and Stmlbox) to try to test it, and I can't even get simple modifications to... actually convert.

The converter tool is, in my opinion, currently a broken hot mess. I'm awaiting the promised update and further documentation before playing with it further.

Inside your UIResources folder, open your custom UI folder, then open the "windows" subfolder - if there are no files in there, you're having the same issue I am.

The only semi-success I've had is with manually porting over custom graphics that are purely simple re-skins of the default.
Emilari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 04:11 PM   #17
Angahran
Premium Member

Default .

I have a bunch of .html files, just nothing loads in game, I see the same as the default.

I'm currently running both the default and my ui through an HTML formatter just so they are both formatted consistently so I have a slight chance of spotting differences.

It seems the converter uses the 'wall-o-text' format where everything is just one mass of text.

If anyone is interested, this is my ui:
NewAngUI

And this is the default:
NewDefaultUI

Last edited by Angahran : 03-23-2023 at 05:41 PM.
Angahran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 06:00 PM   #18
Emilari
A Snow Cougar

OK, I fought with the converter a bit more and got it to actually convert a couple of basic mods. It apparently does spit out error files, but they're in a weird directory.

In the Converter, when you convert, under the XML Layout Reports (the biggest wall of text for me), under StoryWnd I got an error message "Error during HTML beautifying step. See details in C:\Users\Public\AppData\Local\Temp\StoryWnd_errors .txt"

Looking in the text file, it listed:

line 24 column 1 - Error: <eq-vertical-layout> is not recognized! Did you mean to enable the custom-tags option?
line 24 column 1 - Warning: discarding unexpected <eq-vertical-layout>
line 45 column 1 - Warning: discarding unexpected </eq-vertical-layout>
This document has errors that must be fixed before
using HTML Tidy to generate a tidied up version.

I had added a vertical layoutbox and shoved the listbox and stmlbox in it and it's reporting a false error.

When I did a:

/loadskin UiName 1

in EQ, it loaded fine.

I'll have to play more with it later though, it's time for me to go heal hooligans on a raid.
Old 03-23-2023, 06:52 PM   #19
Angahran
Premium Member

Default bah

Looks like I have my work cut out.

I have over 500 *_errors.txt files!

Hmm, I'm thinking the convert is having issues, some of this doesn't look like it should be errors ?

Quote:
line 521 column 21 - Error: <eq-checkbox> is not recognized! Did you mean to enable the custom-tags option?
line 521 column 21 - Warning: discarding unexpected <eq-checkbox>
line 526 column 2 - Warning: discarding unexpected </eq-checkbox>
line 137 column 26 - Warning: <eq-label> attribute "text" has invalid value "Assigned:"
line 144 column 13 - Warning: <eq-label> attribute "text" has invalid value "100"
line 153 column 13 - Warning: <eq-label> attribute "text" has invalid value "Total Spent:"
line 160 column 13 - Warning: <eq-label> attribute "text" has invalid value "100"
line 169 column 13 - Warning: <eq-label> attribute "text" has invalid value "AA Points:"
line 177 column 13 - Warning: <eq-label> attribute "text" has invalid value "Monster Points:"
line 184 column 13 - Warning: <eq-label> attribute "text" has invalid value "0"
line 205 column 20 - Warning: <eq-label> attribute "text" has invalid value "0.000"
line 217 column 13 - Warning: <eq-label> attribute "text" has invalid value "%"
line 226 column 13 - Warning: <eq-label> attribute "text" has invalid value "Merc AA Exp:"
line 247 column 20 - Warning: <eq-label> attribute "text" has invalid value "0.000"
line 259 column 13 - Warning: <eq-label> attribute "text" has invalid value "%"
line 268 column 13 - Warning: <eq-label> attribute "text" has invalid value "Total Spent:"
line 275 column 13 - Warning: <eq-label> attribute "text" has invalid value "AA Points:"
line 283 column 13 - Warning: <eq-label> attribute "text" has invalid value "0.000"
line 295 column 13 - Warning: <eq-label> attribute "text" has invalid value "100"
line 305 column 13 - Warning: <eq-label> attribute "text" has invalid value "0"
line 315 column 13 - Warning: <eq-button> attribute "text" has invalid value "Buy All"
line 330 column 21 - Warning: <eq-button> attribute "text" has invalid value "Train"
line 344 column 21 - Warning: <eq-button> attribute "text" has invalid value "Hotkey"
line 358 column 21 - Warning: <eq-label> attribute "text" has invalid value "Monster Abilities"
line 367 column 13 - Warning: <eq-button> attribute "text" has invalid value "Load"
line 381 column 21 - Warning: <eq-button> attribute "text" has invalid value "Save"
line 395 column 21 - Warning: <eq-button> attribute "text" has invalid value "Done"
line 408 column 21 - Warning: <eq-label> attribute "text" has invalid value "Exp to AA"
line 416 column 13 - Warning: <eq-label> attribute "text" has invalid value "100%"
line 425 column 13 - Warning: <eq-button> attribute "text" has invalid value "-"
line 440 column 21 - Warning: <eq-button> attribute "text" has invalid value "+"
line 455 column 21 - Warning: <eq-label> attribute "text" lacks value
line 465 column 13 - Warning: <eq-label> attribute "text" lacks value
line 507 column 16 - Warning: <eq-button> attribute "text" has invalid value "Reset"
This document has errors that must be fixed before
using HTML Tidy to generate a tidied up version.
Old 03-23-2023, 07:41 PM   #20
Emilari
A Snow Cougar

It's definitely having issues and reporting a bunch of false positives. I chatted with Meeko a few days ago (programmer developer), and they mentioned an update would be incoming which should hopefully fix some of the bugs with the converter.
Old 03-23-2023, 08:04 PM   #21
Angahran
Premium Member

Default .

You would have thought they would have at least run the converter over the default ui and fixed any errors before releasing it to test and saying, try this ?
Old 03-23-2023, 08:23 PM   #22
Emilari
A Snow Cougar

I think its a bit complicated on their end because a lot of the initial work for the engine was outsourced - the Converter tool was made by Toadman Interactive (another EG7 company).

You'd think they would have done a bit more QA before releasing the update though.
Old 03-23-2023, 08:58 PM   #23
Angahran
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilari
You'd think they would have done a bit more QA before releasing the update though.

"a bit more" ? you mean any ? :P
Old 05-01-2023, 03:36 PM   #24
Drakah
Skinning Guru

I have been slowly working on some testing to the new UI code. I made some progress and posted a screenshot of the inventory window I am working on at shakahr.com under the forums section.

Drakah

shakahr.com
Remember...it is only a GAME
Drakah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 09:09 PM   #25
Angahran
Premium Member

Default Dumb question

On the LayoutConverter setup, is the 'source' our current uifiles folder and the destination the new uiresources folder ?

I can't get this to do anything, just opening the 'default' UI shows 29 Xml load reports, 1560 Xml Layout reports!

How are we supposed to modify anything if their UI doesn't even work ?
Old 05-09-2023, 09:35 PM   #26
mh272
A Shissar Disciple

So they updated the layout converter program. But for me it's worse.

Hardly anything gets output anymore. No images, no main.css, program hangs on "Generate screen html 100%.".

The only thing this is now outputting for me is the index.html and windows folder with selected window (for me I used storywindow). and it outputs it into the root uiresources folder.

Did anyone happen to save the old layoutconverter setup file? I forgot to do it and would like to test further with it. If you have it, can you link it?

@Angahran: yes, source is uifiles: destination is uiresources . But don't bother, program still not working right.
mh272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 10:50 PM   #27
Emilari
A Snow Cougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh272
Did anyone happen to save the old layoutconverter setup file? I forgot to do it and would like to test further with it. If you have it, can you link it?

Luckily for us, I do have the original setup file for the Layout Converter. I couldn't attach it directly (kept getting 'file is too large' errors), so I've uploaded it to my google drive for you.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ak...iew?usp=sharing
Old 05-09-2023, 11:58 PM   #28
mh272
A Shissar Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilari
Luckily for us, I do have the original setup file for the Layout Converter. I couldn't attach it directly (kept getting 'file is too large' errors), so I've uploaded it to my google drive for you.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ak...iew?usp=sharing

Thanks Emilari, appreciate it.
mh272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 09:15 AM   #29
Angahran
Premium Member

Default graphics

Has anyone tried changing the graphics on the new ui ?
I was just looking at what I think I would need to get my simple square frames and it's looking like almost 200 individual graphic files, instead of the one I currently use

I don't know if it's possible to just reference parts of one file using the new system ?
Old 05-19-2023, 10:07 AM   #30
Drakah
Skinning Guru

I have done a lot of work on it, and it is all done in HTML now. But like I mentioned on the EQ forums it is not ready as there are only 4 windows that is ported over to the new system currently and the only one of importance would be the inventory window. I have tackled the inventory window already with some effort, but I am waiting for more solid backend code to work with.
But here is a preview.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg drakah-inv-windows-v050123_web.jpg (187.5 KB, 40 views)
Drakah is offline   Reply With Quote