Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Released
User Name
Password

Old 11-11-2009, 09:43 PM   #916
galeied
A Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearach
I was able to get mine to work by just dropping in the above linked test eqanimations file

Think you could email me as well with you folder?

[email protected]
galeied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 05:59 PM   #917
nukem
A Gray Wolf

Although the previous test-file works, the patch did some more changes. Mainly to the new achievement-elements, that are unused right now. Here is the new one.
Attached Files
File Type: zip EQUI_Animations.zip (12.1 KB, 97 views)
nukem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 06:12 PM   #918
pencodil
A Fire Beetle

Not sure what I am doing wrong, I patched deleted all my old lodi files, copied the default ui over to the lodi folder, extracted the most recent lodi ui to the lodi folder overwritting everything as applicable, then I copied over the new animations window. I get the message that my xml files are not compatible, if some of you folks that have gotten Lodi to work with the most recent patch could help me out I would appreciate it, I love this UI!
pencodil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 07:08 PM   #919
Skywiser
A Fire Beetle

Server: Tarew Marr

Dropin still doesnt work for Me.
Skywiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:11 PM   #920
korlax
A Treant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pencodil
Not sure what I am doing wrong, I patched deleted all my old lodi files, copied the default ui over to the lodi folder, extracted the most recent lodi ui to the lodi folder overwritting everything as applicable, then I copied over the new animations window. I get the message that my xml files are not compatible, if some of you folks that have gotten Lodi to work with the most recent patch could help me out I would appreciate it, I love this UI!

i think the XML error is just from the new stuff being put in for UF release, it should not effect the ui, other then the error message, mine works just fine with the new equianimatios file listed above
korlax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:34 PM   #921
Loliana
A Gray Wolf

It's not working for me either.

Can someone post step by step instructions so a n00b can understand what we are supposed to do here?

I certainly would appreciate it.

This I dropped this in here stuff is not cutting it for me. I need a little more help than that. Thanks!
Loliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 10:48 PM   #922
Caldorn
A Ghoul

Server: the Tribunal

I was able to modify the EQUI_Animations.xml and get it working without any issues.

I uploaded the file and posted it in the forum:

EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > General UI Talk
> Can someone fix Lodi Dodi?

Hope this can help.
-Caldorn
Caldorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:54 PM   #923
Jeremy099
A Fire Beetle

I got it working! Thank you very much for the new file.
Jeremy099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 01:29 PM   #924
lindama
A Bat

Server: povar

still trying to get Lodi to work ..tried both eqanimation files ..any other ideas?
lindama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 03:39 PM   #925
Lynrem
Premium Member

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I'd like to thank everyone that has been working to keep this UI up to data in the absence of Lodi. I also want to be sure to thank Lodi and give him credit for it's creation in the first place. I understand Lodi not wanting to spend time on keeping this up for a game he no longer plays and am glad he is allowing others to keep it up to date for the rest of us. Any chance someone could zip the UI with all the changes ( target buff window, animations etc.) since 3.3.6 and upload the full package to the downloads sections?

Thanks to all that have worked so hard on this great UI

Lynrem
Lynrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 04:40 PM   #926
Caldorn
A Ghoul

Server: the Tribunal

Unfortunatly i do not use all of the lodi windows. I have switched out a few to tweak mine for my preference.

I may take a look at the entire package again and see if i can help with that, however I know Lodi said he would probably release something in a few weeks, (hope i'm not misqouting).

-Caldorn
Caldorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 08:42 PM   #927
pencodil
A Fire Beetle

Thumbs up

I wanted to take a moment to remind everyone that we can show our appreciation for Lodi by donating to his paypal account which is listed at the beginning of the thread I believe or either on www.lodidodi.net. He has invested a great deal of time and effort over the years developing and maintaining the best UI in Everquest and deserves to get something in return. I have donated in the past and will again! A little financial incentive couldn't hurt our cause!
pencodil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 05:02 AM   #928
Ista
A Gray Wolf

Server: Antonius Bayle

Thank you so much, guys, for keeping Lodi's UI alive! For me, Nukem's latest file works. I get the usual xml error message when logging in but have not experienced any trouble while playing.
Ista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 12:10 AM   #929
kithkin
A Ghoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by pencodil
I wanted to take a moment to remind everyone that we can show our appreciation for Lodi by donating to his paypal account which is listed at the beginning of the thread I believe or either on www.lodidodi.net. He has invested a great deal of time and effort over the years developing and maintaining the best UI in Everquest and deserves to get something in return. I have donated in the past and will again! A little financial incentive couldn't hurt our cause!

You're kidding right? I would donate if he actually DID something to warrant a donation. The fact is he basically hasn't updated this in a year and the "fans" have updated it for him.

I'm all for donations when work is done, but in the case of the last few updates it hasn't even been a) compatible, or b) fully functional with all of the features offered by default.

So yes, when Lodi decides to do something he'll get a donation, otherwise the only thing he's earned is a "thanks for your work in the past".

Tell you what, you donate the money to me and I'll fix it. Since he hasn't posted in about 8 months it's pretty safe to say he's done.
kithkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:15 AM   #930
lodidodi
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Quote:
Originally Posted by kithkin
when Lodi decides to do something he'll get a donation, otherwise the only thing he's earned is a "thanks for your work in the past"

Please disregard my post last week in the other thread saying I was going to update the UI for the latest round of patches. I changed my mind. It's not worth my time. I've got better things to do than waste my time for this kind of crap. I'm done.

Thanks to everyone in the EQ community for your kind words about my UI over the years. Thanks to the handful of people that donated - in no way did the donations cover the hundreds and hundreds of hours I spent designing/tweaking/updating the UI, but they were appreciated, and gave me motivation to keep making updates to the UI as recent as 9 months ago, even though I stopped playing EQ 5 years ago.

Since the last few patches only required minor updates to EQUI_Animations.xml (that were posted by other people) I figured that was good enough, until major fixes were required. I guess I was wrong.

If someone else decides to continuing updating my UI (under my name or their own) on a more timely basis, I'm fine with that.

Thanks and Farewell.

Lodi Dodi
lodidodi is offline   Reply With Quote