Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Graphics modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 09-23-2004, 01:12 PM   #1
umpatte0
A Bat

Default Need help from someone to edit a TGA file for me

I need help from someone with photoshop or some other decent picture editting software.

I'm trying to edit my UI so that my 9th spell icon gem slot properly shows up in my UI.
I don't have the proper software available for me to properly edit the file though.

This is the way I want my tkspellbar.tga file to look like:

http://members.shaw.ca/mpatterson64/tkspellbar.jpg

Here is my current TGA file:
http://members.shaw.ca/mpatterson64/tkspellbar.tga
I need for the TGA file to be editted with the 9th spell gem added to it.
Very important is that the file size remain the same before and after editting.
If the file size changes, then the x and y locations of the graphics don't properly correspond anymore.
Here's my xml file for my spellcasting bar for testing purposes:
http://members.shaw.ca/mpatterson64...astSpellWnd.xml

Can someone help me out by emailing me an updated TGA file to look like the JPG above?
my email is [email protected]
That, or post an edit to the file here?
umpatte0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 02:28 PM   #2
Deathbane27
A Snow Griffin

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Update complete.

Also had to make a few changes to the XML file, as the spellbook button wasn't far down enough and the bottom pixel wasn't in.
Attached Files
File Type: zip tkspellbar.zip (47.4 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by Deathbane27 : 09-23-2004 at 03:01 PM. Reason: ---
Deathbane27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 02:45 PM   #3
Aramil Dannodel
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Combine
Send a message via AIM to Aramil Dannodel Send a message via MSN to Aramil Dannodel
Post Re: Need help from someone to edit a TGA file for me

Actually, for that specific Spell Bar mod, you wouldn't even have to edit the .tga file.
"What, Ameril!? You're insane, why would you say something so bloody ridiculous?"
Well, since that specific graphic has only a minor variation to it (the slots are the exact same look to all, they just flop back and forth for the style it creates. This is a real simple fix...I'll explain how:
**NOTE: This SHOULD work...I don't make any guarantees because SOE enjoys giving me as much a hassle as I give them. Heh.**
1) Open up your EQUI_CastSpellWnd.xml (out of your custom folder) in Notepad...or whatever other HTML/XML editing program you have.
2) Do a Find on "<SpellGem item="CSPW_Spell0">"...now, start selecting text...all the way down to "</Label>" just on top of the line "<SpellGem item="CSPW_Spell1">".
3) Tap Ctrl+C.
4) Select all the code you added in for that ninth spot. Delete it/Paste over it.
5) Quickly replace any instance that refers to the second spot with the reference for the ninth spot (re: "CSPW_Spell0" becomes "CSPW_Spell8"; "CSPW_Spell0_Label" becomes "CSPW_Spell8_Label"; "CSPW_Label_0" becomes "CSPW_Label_8")
6) Under "CSPW_Spell8_Label", replace the EQType with 133.
7) Test it...this should be a roundabout way to add it in, since the location specifies where it's pulling the graphic from, in the .tga file. If you pull the graphic from somewhere else inside the .tga file, it should display it, that way...although, as stated, I make no guarantees. SOE does so love to yank me.

Yes, I'm lazy...aren't we all? Heh.
If this does not work, for any reason...just send me a PM or reply in this thread about how much of a stupid bloody tool I am, and I'll edit the .tga file for you. /nod

EDIT: Tch, ignore me, then...Deathbane beat my post.

Ameril Dan`nodel
Warder, 57th season
[ Lanys T`Vyl server ]

Bitch at Amiez!! -- in the words of Spleen.
Aramil Dannodel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 03:07 PM   #4
Deathbane27
A Snow Griffin

And no, Aramil, that wouldn't have worked. :P He already did what you described, and needed to edit the TGA so the proper background would be there. What he would have wanted to do if he just wanted an XML modification is to add the Ui2DAnimation "TK_Castbar03" with a loc of blah blah blah... but even that wouldn't work because there would be that spike on the right of the original file's 8th slot poking down into the 9th slot area. Messy.

By the way, I can't verify the proper 9th spell gem placement since I don't have a 9th spell gem yet, but that will be a simple XML modification if it's not placed properly.
Old 09-26-2004, 04:30 AM   #5
Bjerlk
A Fire Beetle

Ok. I have been trying to make that -tga file transparent in Photoshop. But how ever I try I get a white backgrouond in Eq...

Anyone have a way of doing this. Or at least a transparent spellbar with 9 gems as we seek here...

Mine arent working
Bjerlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 03:59 PM   #6
Deathbane27
A Snow Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjerlk
Ok. I have been trying to make that -tga file transparent in Photoshop. But how ever I try I get a white backgrouond in Eq...

Anyone have a way of doing this. Or at least a transparent spellbar with 9 gems as we seek here...

Mine arent working

One of these should help you out. (Sorry, can't further clarify any of these, I use Paint Shop Pro.)

http://www.axialis.com/tutorials/tutorial-misc001.html

http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2816
Old 09-26-2004, 05:30 PM   #7
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony

You might check with Cairenn or Kuvasie as both of them have tkings permission to keep his work going. they may have an update in the works or done.

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote