Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 03-04-2010, 12:45 AM   #1
baxterEMarr
A Bat

Default Your XML files are not compatable

Im on windows 7 and trying to get ANY UI to load... is this an issue for anyone else? are any of you on W7 with a custom UI? It gives me the same message when i try to run the default UI.
baxterEMarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:18 AM   #2
di28889
A Hill Giant

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by baxterEMarr
Im on windows 7 and trying to get ANY UI to load... is this an issue for anyone else? are any of you on W7 with a custom UI? It gives me the same message when i try to run the default UI.

I am the developer Infiniti_Blue_Di28889 and run in on win XP Pro /Win Vista 64 ultimate and win 7 64 ultimate, works just fine
di28889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:50 AM   #3
valaury3169
Enhanced Imperial Golem

I am assuming that the UIs actually load, correct?

The 'XML files are not compatable' message is simply a warning. The most common cause for the warning to display is when a standard piece of a window has been removed. For example, if I simply delete the HP gauge from the Player window, I will get that warning. It is not an error... in other words, that gauge does not HAVE to be there, it simply is lettting you know something was found missing.

To remove the warning, simply put the piece back, but 'hide' it within the window (make the position negative x and negative y).

Anyway, if the UI loads and functions, you can ignore that warning. If the UI fails to load, and reverts back to default, then that is a different issue.
valaury3169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:46 AM   #4
Halelen
Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar

Server: Povar

since you get this error even with default ,sounds to me like you are getting the xml message because sony has changed the merchant window code that it looks for but forgot to change the xml window...myself and a few others have released our uis with the new merchant window... you can either yank it from one of those or just live with the error..wont affect your gameplay.

Hal

NM link below to window

Last edited by Halelen : 03-04-2010 at 03:19 PM.
Halelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:53 PM   #5
Minalcar
Premium Member

Yes, it pertains to the merchant window.

There was supposed to be a recover tab added to the window and it wasn't.

Jack
Minalcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 03:18 PM   #6
Halelen

Here if anyone wants it is a merchant window with the recover tab added.
Attached Files
File Type: xml EQUI_MerchantWnd.xml (12.2 KB, 35 views)
Old 03-05-2010, 09:20 AM   #7
valaury3169
Enhanced Imperial Golem

The new tab, is it in the default UI? I checked mine and I didn't had a custome Merchant Window, so I must be using the default. Since I didn't see the tab in game, I am assuming it wasn't even implemented in the default, and folks just figured it out?
valaury3169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 05:53 PM   #8
Halelen

ya its not in default but if you use that file you will get the tab that allows you to recover deleted items.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:25 PM   #9
Xaiadar
A Gray Wolf

I'm getting that error but the actual UIs aren't even loading. I tried putting the merchant window file in and that didn't seem to help. I'm using Windows 7 as well. So far I've tried Mavs Beastlord and the Vah Shir Beast UIs and neither one has worked for me.
I may have figured out part of the problem, but upon doing so, created a bigger problem to figure out! My screen resolution was set at minimum, which these UIs aren't set for, but when trying to change to a higher resolution, it just won't work. It actually does the same sort of flicker that loading my UIs did. It's a new pre-built computer that I was planning on upgrading the video card for next week. The card in it right now is pretty sad. Maybe that's the problem!

Last edited by Xaiadar : 03-17-2010 at 10:33 PM.
Xaiadar is offline   Reply With Quote