Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Think Pavlov !

(salivating just at the thought)
Weskat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 08:39 AM   #32
Wolvig
A Shissar Disciple

Thumbs up When?

So when do we get the update? I love this thing. Since i found it its the only Ui I use for my warrior. Beautiful. Simple low key yet gives all the info you need. My ONLY complaint is no xp bar with percentages. Maybe a loose extra xp bar maybe? Something that matches up to the Hp bar? If so GREAT if not ....Im still gonna use it. I really do believe this is the perfect warrior Ui.

Thanks alot.
Wolvig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 11:12 AM   #33
Elezibeth
ACUI/EQ2UI Developer

Default Re: When?

Quote:
Originally posted by Wolvig
So when do we get the update?

Not So Soon(tm)

Elezibeth Amnell • 29th Season
Journeyman Druidess of Tunare
Brewing Mistress • Skill 132
100% unRetired
--
Elorien Evenstar • 23rd Season
Exploring Ranger of Tunare
Simi-Retired
--
ACUI / EQ2UI Project Designer
Elezibeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 11:16 AM   #34
Taleisin

Quote:
Not So Soon(tm)

/goes back to petting his ACUIv1
Old 10-04-2003, 11:39 AM   #35
Elezibeth
ACUI/EQ2UI Developer

Even though I will admit, Enok is working on a very basic 'Alpha' build right now and I'll post a few shots of the new elements in game as soon as I get it.
Old 10-09-2003, 01:21 AM   #36
Elezibeth
ACUI/EQ2UI Developer

Updated

See second post for updated information regarding the new elements pictured in the design mockup.

Also, an update, Enok is working on putting together a real base ingame sample for me to take a look at using the new graphics, I will post screenshots showing you the true ingame quality difference ASAP!

Last edited by Elezibeth : 10-10-2003 at 11:44 AM.
Old 10-10-2003, 06:50 AM   #37
Kjan
A Hill Giant

Send a message via ICQ to Kjan Send a message via AIM to Kjan

I've never played AC2 but your ui design is awesome.

I'm currently using vert 2.6 as my ui and after trying your one it allows more of the world to be viewed as they is nothing cluttering the screen.

can't wait to try it out, any idea on a Alpha/Beta release?

Last edited by Kjan : 10-10-2003 at 08:14 AM.
Kjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 11:37 AM   #38
Elezibeth
ACUI/EQ2UI Developer

Quote:
Originally posted by Kjan
I've never played AC2 but your ui design is awesome.

I'm currently using vert 2.6 as my ui and after trying your one it allows more of the world to be viewed as they is nothing cluttering the screen.

can't wait to try it out, any idea on a Alpha/Beta release?

Afraid not yet, Enok said he'll have a base preview for me by Tomorrow (he's been really busy) so it is moving along.

Bad thing is most of the elements (Anything not yet depicted) haven't been completed yet. I fully intend to make this a true 'Complete Skin' and try to hit each and every element of the UI.

I noticed the response rate to v2 has seriously dropped off, perhaps I need to start doing mini-screenshots linking to the big one... Either that or maybe people just have found a UI they like better, it is a competitive market out there!
Old 10-10-2003, 12:01 PM   #39
Weskat
A Tempest Toad

Server: Tunare - mostly retired

Still using v1 and happy with it. One problem that I noticed is that the "blue line" that directs you to the dungeon entrance is not centered properly (i.e. it is not in the center of the compass when the dungeon is directly in front of you.) In any case, barring the release of v2 in the very near future, I would recommend that you or Enok patch all the applicable files such that they work properly following the patch Yesterday (and re-patch today) and post the patch. I patched my files, but not everyone is comfortable with editing the xml.

Still waiting on v2 (and available for testing if you need beta testers )
Weskat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 05:02 PM   #40
Wolvig
A Shissar Disciple

Lightbulb

Just don't forget the guild hot button. I suggest dumping storyline or journal. Can it be possilble to fix it so you can choose your own buttons? Just asking. I really love this one. My only problem was no Xp bar visible so i had to change the player window. Would it be possible to put it under the Hp bar? Still love it though .Really looking forward to ver.2. .......Really......any time now.......ver 2..........Honest.
Old 10-10-2003, 05:13 PM   #41
Kedrak
A Treant

Server: Antonious Bayle
Default AWESOME

Yeah ! nice UI and very professional look....

Keep on it, it beats anything ive seen before, looks like a very different game.

<< La vida sin honor no es mas que una muerte lenta... >>
Kedrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 05:20 PM   #42
Elezibeth
ACUI/EQ2UI Developer

Quote:
Just don't forget the guild hot button. I suggest dumping storyline or journal. Can it be possilble to fix it so you can choose your own buttons? Just asking. I really love this one. My only problem was no Xp bar visible so i had to change the player window. Would it be possible to put it under the Hp bar? Still love it though .Really looking forward to ver.2. .......Really......any time now.......ver 2..........Honest.

Guild Hot Button? Guess that is another one I've missed since I'm not in any form of guild. (Imagine that. ) Guess I haven't gotten the invite I've wanted yet.

Regarding the XP Bar...

ACUI was really never designed to have a visible XP Bar so to speak, the percentage indicator (which will be making it's comeback in v2) is a far more accurate way of measuring your experience gain and PTL (Points til Level). That all being said, I highly doubt there will ever be an 'XP Bar' on the default ACUI Interface but it may be something for a 'Mod' in the future.

--

Kedrak

Thank you for your kind words, they are appreciated!
Old 10-10-2003, 06:11 PM   #43
Wolvig
A Shissar Disciple

Well that works. Every since i discovered the first percent bar i've been hooked.No percent, no good to me. Soooooo! Back to.....Great Gui.

I love this thing.Been looking for something like this since the gui's came out. Wonderful work and thanks.

I would guild invite ya but I'm on prexus.Although I can promise you would be in good with the guild leader<cough>. So looking forward to ANYTHING you come up with. And thanks for the quick reply.

<Please return to paragraph two if you have any doubts about
my opinion on your gui.>
Old 10-10-2003, 07:10 PM   #44
Elezibeth
ACUI/EQ2UI Developer

Quote:
Well that works. Every since i discovered the first percent bar i've been hooked.No percent, no good to me. Soooooo! Back to.....Great Gui.

I love this thing.Been looking for something like this since the gui's came out. Wonderful work and thanks.

I would guild invite ya but I'm on prexus.Although I can promise you would be in good with the guild leader<cough>. So looking forward to ANYTHING you come up with. And thanks for the quick reply.

<Please return to paragraph two if you have any doubts about
my opinion on your gui.>

hehe, thanks.

I do appreciate your comments and I also always do entertain suggestions and ideas anyone has, either posted here or PMed to me.

Again, thanks for your kind comments!
Old 10-10-2003, 07:42 PM   #45
Taleisin

I must say even though I am trying to dethrone ACUI with a functional UI I do love ACUI and probably will love ACUIr3 as well... But I have been wondering, are you going to do another UI after ACUIr3?