User Name
Password

Old 09-19-2003, 05:45 AM   #16
Tafkamb
A Treant

Server: Venril Sathir
Default Thoughts

Arch Conkover's Thoughts

I read through some of the Ideas here and wanted to post a reply to some issues made.

1, warriors should definatly have better aggro abilities and possibly better regen as stated they are a Meat shield and to be honest I look for a pally or Sk to tank. They shouldnt have LoH as they are none casters and LoH is granted to paladins via there connection to their gods and the preist abilitied granted by them.

2, CoTH is most definatly a Mage spell as it is a summon not a translocate spell. Wizzy's are the masters of translocation yes but they have no spells to call someone or thing to them this is a mage ability, we get the summon range not you.

3, Magi do get mana regen spells incorporated into there phanom range but not till the high end spells, we also get the water form with AA which is also Mana regen ability

4, target based rain spells should follow the mob as it was that target the spell is coming from so to cast and then lose the last 2 rains is stupid just because the point of spell origin is moving.

Things I would like to see
Intelligent pets mainly
the use of a wizzy pet that tanks is stupid, a rouge that carnt tell back from front yet has Backstab is pointless
I would like to see a wizzt pet that casts and sits when it needs to regen mana and a rouge pet that activly attacks the Mobs back.
magi are very reliant on our pets and I want pets that work please

"If I'm crying, I'm Dying"
Tafkamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 07:18 AM   #17
freya
A Fire Beetle

i think as a beastlord, a track ability would be good, i mean wolves, and tigers hunt, wouldnt we be ables to "pick up the scent of mobs", and sense animals just dont cut it.
a gate would be nice also, i didnt like being stuck in dulak with out a ride home.
and lastly a toss up between root, and more armor with graphics like our shoulders!!!!.
but id leave everything un changed, for more ac since we are basically shamonks.
freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 08:02 AM   #18
jesus_crazy
A Bat

Default I can sum it up in 5 words...

AFFORDABLE MOUNTS AND PLAYER HOUSING
jesus_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 08:05 AM   #19
Ascher
A Gray Wolf

Personally I wouldn't change anything about any of the classes except maybe slightly better taunt to warriors, and even then it would have to be extremely minor.

Nothing in this game should ever be completely 100% guaranteed. It *should* take team work as it does now.

But that's just my opinion and your mileage may vary.
Ascher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 12:30 PM   #20
umoto
A Bat

as a mage i would say.... give us self only mod rods with no timer.
thats about it for mage..

as for chanter. PLATE ARMOR! omgz i cant stand dying because the ranger wants to be a hero and save the chanter who has mezzed a mob. MORE HP! in a pathetic group chanter get hit more than the mt! lay of hands like instant cast mez!... why not?
Old 10-18-2003, 12:57 AM   #21
Hatamitsu
A Fire Beetle

Currently a 61 Monk I'd have to go with...

1) All disciplines on seperate timers

2) Level based runspeed improvement or Class AA's that give runspeed mod above run 3

3) Improved Avoidance
Hatamitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 03:54 AM   #22
cristelmoon
A Ghoul

Server: Bertoxxulous
Send a message via AIM to cristelmoon
Lightbulb ShadowKnight here

we can us

1. Gate

2. More HP.

3. Faster Cast Time on Life Tap
Old 10-18-2003, 05:20 AM   #23
Chiteran
A Bat

Sks are fine, we dont need any crap gate or something else. Warriors should get a instruction book tho on how taunt works so they ****ing stop whining on us sks

Raidleader in Odyssey, swedish guild on Antonius Bayle
Chiteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 05:10 PM   #24
talionjustice
A Ghoul

Mages summon, hence Call of the Hero, put spires in NTOV, then you can xlocate people there.

Paladins SK's tank in XP as well as warriors, quit whining when they start pulling aggro from you, the cleric is probably /telling them to so they don't have to heal you, the ranger, the 'chanter, and the wizard after every pull. In line with this would be FIX WARRIOR TAUNT. Even a mage knows it's broken.

Mages: true wizzy pet, who does not move to melee range after casting, Summoned specific spells, like druids have animal, i.e. DC for summoned, summoned slow, summoned root. New spell that would allow me to /assist and summon lvl 60 and lower mobs to me. /grin YOU CANNOT ESCAPE ME

EDIT: oh yeah, and mage spell to send inconsiderate quadders to a small box shaped zone for a penalty hold.

Last edited by talionjustice : 10-22-2003 at 05:15 PM.
talionjustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 05:49 PM   #25
Azuth
A Snow Cougar

I like the idea of the penalty box zone for KSers, camp incrochers, and other rude/annoying people.

I'd actually like to see some extra summoned weapons that proc nukes or debuffs. Start with a two handed sword, then daggers, then longswords with a proc of varying effects. An example would be a level 20 dagger 'dagger of ice' that procs a, you guessed it, cold attack. The R&D team could make as a DoT proc or a nuke. To balance out the spells make the only available in Erudin, Ak'Anon, and Neriak (maybe research only instead). Also make it so they can only be used by pet with class: all race: none. And give the weapons attack/delay of rusty weapons of the same type. There you go, extra pet support spells that fit into the magician's summoning theme.

Maybe some other usefull spells could be summoned like the EB and lev items. I'd love to see, say, Summoned: Ball of Earth that has a clicky effect of root but only two charges. Make the ability to summon one about level 30. Only available in the three citys named in the last paragraph or research only.

I actually don't want to see us get a mez, charm, haste, slow, or other support spell as we are basically wizards with an extra tank but some basic back up spell that every other class gets would be nice.

Consider this a revised wish list for the mage class. I think this is the longest post I have ever made lol.

Shutting up now.
(profiles coming soon)
Azuth is offline   Reply With Quote