Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Released
User Name
Password

Old 10-06-2003, 10:36 AM   #16
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Post it in the MISC category for now, please be sure and give credit to the artist of WTF, and link the site in the discription.

we will add a category for "patcher" once we verify with SOE that they don't have any issues with the patcher graphic being changed.

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 11:20 AM   #17
Taleisin

I talked to several GMs and one DEV, they told me as long as I don't modify the main-bg.png_delta.gz file it is ok to change the skin.

WTFPatcher is added to the Misc catagory, LunixPatcher will be ready later this month (it changes the buttons and everything*)

*Except the above named file main-bg.png_delta.gz

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Attached to this post is the first preview of a Guild expansion to the WTF patcher... it was created for a friends guild on the Nameless server called Brothers of Darkness

Last edited by Taleisin : 10-06-2003 at 11:29 AM.
Old 10-06-2003, 12:59 PM   #18
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony

Quote:
Originally posted by Taleisin
I talked to several GMs and one DEV, they told me as long as I don't modify the main-bg.png_delta.gz file it is ok to change the skin.

NP, I will still touch base with the people I know over at SOE, just to double check...

/bow
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 12:34 AM   #19
Taleisin

first expansion pack delayed... but you still get a offical preview :-)

my reasons for pushing it back are simple... I have 4 I am ready to post, however since PNG pictures cannot be compressed by means I have found the resulting zipfile is 1.22Mbs large, not much smaller than the full version of the patcher.

so untill I find a good compressor (other than .zip .rar .GZIP .wiz) the first expansion is delayed... however as I satated above you do get a preview of the first two backgrounds.

|||||||||||||||||| More News ||||||||||||||||||

though I have had many requests for it, there will be no GU arted Patchers ( at least not offical ones from me )

Quote:
Originally posted by Woody in the form of a PM
Re: GU art request

Thanks, but no. I have plans for a future GU UI release, and I want to make sure that's the only one with GU's name on it.

Thanks though. It's a kind offer.

~W~

Last edited by Taleisin : 10-07-2003 at 12:48 AM.
Old 10-07-2003, 03:07 AM   #20
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Quote:
so untill I find a good compressor

If you can't compress it it means the file is internally compressed and at best you'll probably manage to shrink it by 1% (notice that some files in your zip do compress a little). That's why zipping MP3s is pretty pointless. Anyway, can't you just tell people to copy over the whole default folder and add your main-bg.png file into it?

Also, why the crud do you include main-bg.png_delta.gz in your zip? It's 355 KB and a temporary file that the patcher downloads for a new graphic. I don't even know how you grabbed the whole file before the patcher deleted it, but there's no way a dev told you to include that file unmodified, it's not even important.

I DO like what you're doing, the patcher skins are great and I'm glad someone figured it out (the <skin>foldername</skin> thing) but I think you're crazy. How you get so much attention is beyond me.

The REAL Haliken

P.S. - Enok will be back in like a week, he doesn't have his computer with him yet. He says sorry to anyone he promised to do stuff for but he'll be back asap. Also, I remember Enok had a patcher skin but I know he didn't use <skin>blah</skin> to load it. I think he made a copy of the patcher and hex edited it to load a skin from a different folder and disrupted the skin patching process. Boy did he do that the hard way...
Haliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 10:34 AM   #21
Taleisin

I wanted to make it easy for the people to use the patcher at first, that is why I inculded everything, and that file that is in .GZ format stays in my patcherskin files, I don't know why though.

and if you want to get a devs attention go to the test server and talk to one... they didn't tell me to include it, they just told me not to modify it.

if you are the REAL Haliken, then who is Enok?

Quote:
Originally posted by Haliken? Enok?

P.S. - Enok will be back in like a week, he doesn't have his computer with him yet. He says sorry to anyone he promised to do stuff for but he'll be back asap. Also, I remember Enok had a patcher skin but I know he didn't use <skin>blah</skin> to load it. I think he made a copy of the patcher and hex edited it to load a skin from a different folder and disrupted the skin patching process. Boy did he do that the hard way...

yeah I tryed it that way too, but the <skin>WTFPatcher</skin> seemed a bit easier.

|||||||||||||||||| More News ||||||||||||||||||

I've updated the patcher (full download) to version 2, it's a little smaller and some of the buttons have been cleaned a little, I do have plans for a total remake of the patcher, but that will be at a much later date.
The preview you will now see when you click on it's picture in the file info page, will show you the visual readme (this also helped make the download smaller since I didn't include it in the zip), I've linked the preview to the first pic in this post.
On to more stuff. I am going to go ahead and upload the first two pics of my expansion, since Haliken (or is it Enok now) was right and you can't compress the PNG format much past where it is now.

*Note* there is no need to download the second version of the patcher if you downloaded the first.

Last edited by Taleisin : 10-07-2003 at 10:56 AM.
Old 10-07-2003, 11:53 AM   #22
Ultrax
A Snow Griffin

Server: Fennin Ro/Mithaniel Marr
Send a message via AIM to Ultrax

Try .ace Winace is supposed to be a super compressor, or something.. Give it a try.
Ultrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 01:27 AM   #23
Taleisin

WTFPatcher_II and the first two expansions are up for download.

going /afk for a week... see everyone later :-)
Old 10-08-2003, 03:40 PM   #24
download91
An Icepaw Kobold

I cant get it to work...

I went to Skins, made a file called WTFPatcher, put the files into it, went to main EQ dirctory Modified the eqp_config by putting the <skin>WTFPatcher</skin> in it, saved it and I got the old patcher...

What am I doing wrong?...
download91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 03:59 PM   #25
Taleisin

post the paths to your WTFPatcherfile and the Images file

mine are

C;\program files\everquest\skins\WTFPatcher

C;\program files\everquest\skins\WTFPatcher\images

I'm thinking you might have extracted the files into
C;\program files\everquest\skins\WTFPatcher\WTFPatcher

if you are useing one of the skins from the expansion pack you must removed the (nameofskin) from the front of the file... I put them there so that I could put more than one file in each expansion
Old 10-08-2003, 11:09 PM   #26
download91
An Icepaw Kobold

Oh, I was just extracting them into e:\everquest\skins\wtfpatcher

Then when I saw that I had to put them into the images thing, I did

e:\everquest\skins\wtfpatcher\images and it worked! Thanks Taleisin! (Man, that goblin is cool!)
download91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 01:24 AM   #27
Taleisin

Expansion 2 will be up soon... TKing gave me permission to use his art now /hurray

:-)
Old 10-20-2003, 05:02 AM   #28
Daxsar
A Bat

Server: Bristlebane

Looking for more WTF mods, I patched it, and the patcher is correct, but wondering if there are any other pics out there any where for it
Old 10-20-2003, 08:39 AM   #29
Taleisin

aside from the 5 I have put out, some people on the WTFforums have made their own, that is the only other place I know of right now, where others have made images.
Old 11-08-2003, 02:42 PM   #30
Taleisin

I have put the master background I use to make custom patchers downloadable for the public.

it can be downloaded Here