Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 11-07-2003, 02:39 AM   #16
Kavrvnwlf
A Wooly Rhino

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default hope this helps anyone

Ok here is how i finally fot thsi to work since no one seems to state how to go about doing it.

If you have an animations.xml file in your custom skin directory you will need to delete it.

Then copy the above file remmy.exe (after you unzip it) to your custom directory and run it.

Now you are ready to add in any of the other animations such as class animations from t.king
Kavrvnwlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 03:40 PM   #17
Remelio
Featured Designer

Server: Tarew Marr
Send a message via ICQ to Remelio Send a message via AIM to Remelio

You don't need to delete your current animation file.

This file is meant to be used in place of any file that includes a remmy.exe - use this version instead of the one included in the zip file until further notice.

For those of you exhibiting errors, I'm working on a "no frills" version that will just *run* (no progress bar, no neat buttons)

Hope this clears things up.
Old 11-17-2003, 12:56 AM   #18
EQGrinch
A Bat

Default Incomplete windows

The Celtic UI is beautiful, right up until I try to add a class animation. If I follow the directions exactly as written, I end up with the default UI AND portions of the windows missing. Please, what could I be doing wrong?

Pardon me for posting incomplete information the first time around.
UI: Cletic UI 1.8
Class animations tried: Druid & Paladin, dated: 11-10-2003
UIerror log:

UIErrorLog created at Mon Nov 17 07:35:38 2003
Warning: file EQUI.xml not found in directory UIFiles\kariamu\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file SIDL.xml not found in directory UIFiles\kariamu\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Line:1049 Source:UIFiles\kariamu\EQUI_Animations.xml] ParseNodeList() SyntaxError Error loading skin: loading default skin instead.
Warning: file UIFiles\kariamu\dragitem1.tga not found in directory UIFiles\kariamu\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file UIFiles\kariamu\dragitem2.tga not found in directory UIFiles\kariamu\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file UIFiles\kariamu\dragitem3.tga not found in directory UIFiles\kariamu\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file UIFiles\kariamu\dragitem4.tga not found in directory UIFiles\kariamu\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file UIFiles\kariamu\dragitem5.tga not found in directory UIFiles\kariamu\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file UIFiles\kariamu\dragitem6.tga not found in directory UIFiles\kariamu\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file UIFiles\kariamu\dragitem7.tga not found in directory UIFiles\kariamu\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file UIFiles\kariamu\dragitem8.tga not found in directory UIFiles\kariamu\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file UIFiles\kariamu\dragitem9.tga not found in directory UIFiles\kariamu\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file UIFiles\kariamu\dragitem10.tga not found in directory UIFiles\kariamu\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file UIFiles\kariamu\dragitem11.tga not found in directory UIFiles\kariamu\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file UIFiles\kariamu\dragitem12.tga not found in directory UIFiles\kariamu\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file UIFiles\kariamu\dragitem13.tga not found in directory UIFiles\kariamu\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file UIFiles\kariamu\dragitem14.tga not found in directory UIFiles\kariamu\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file UIFiles\kariamu\dragitem15.tga not found in directory UIFiles\kariamu\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file UIFiles\kariamu\dragitem16.tga not found in directory UIFiles\kariamu\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file UIFiles\kariamu\dragitem17.tga not found in directory UIFiles\kariamu\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file UIFiles\kariamu\dragitem18.tga not found in directory UIFiles\kariamu\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file UIFiles\kariamu\dragitem19.tga not found in directory UIFiles\kariamu\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file UIFiles\kariamu\dragitem20.tga not found in directory UIFiles\kariamu\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file UIFiles\kariamu\dragitem21.tga not found in directory UIFiles\kariamu\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file UIFiles\kariamu\dragitem22.tga not found in directory UIFiles\kariamu\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file UIFiles\kariamu\dragitem23.tga not found in directory UIFiles\kariamu\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file UIFiles\kariamu\dragitem24.tga not found in directory UIFiles\kariamu\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file UIFiles\kariamu\dragitem25.tga not found in directory UIFiles\kariamu\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file UIFiles\kariamu\dragitem26.tga not found in directory UIFiles\kariamu\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file UIFiles\kariamu\dragitem27.tga not found in directory UIFiles\kariamu\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file UIFiles\kariamu\spellbook01.tga not found in directory UIFiles\kariamu\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file UIFiles\kariamu\spellbook02.tga not found in directory UIFiles\kariamu\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file UIFiles\kariamu\spellbook03.tga not found in directory UIFiles\kariamu\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file UIFiles\kariamu\spellbook04.tga not found in directory UIFiles\kariamu\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file UIFiles\kariamu\scrollbar_gutter.tga not found in directory UIFiles\kariamu\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
warning: file UIFiles\kariamu\TargetBox.tga not found in directory UIFiles\kariamu\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Warning: file UIFiles\kariamu\window_pieces07.tga not found in directory UIFiles\kariamu\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.

I admit, readily, that I am a complete and utter noob.
That said, I have a question regarding my Animations file....
Why is it the one used PRIOR to running Remmy.exe is 177 KB, while the 'adjusted' version present afterwards is only 17.4 KB?

Please try not to fall over laughing or roll y'er eyes too much. I really want to know.

Last edited by EQGrinch : 11-17-2003 at 11:08 AM.
EQGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 01:03 AM   #19
Rasshaiz
A Hill Giant

Server: Veeshan
Send a message via AIM to Rasshaiz

yes in Win ME I am getting same thing

"Component 'MSCOMCTLOCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalad"

yeah, this is from Downloading the newer enchanter animation from TKing
Old 11-17-2003, 08:15 PM   #20
Sapphire
A Bat

I'm not having any problems getting my ranger animation to work, however I like to have custom UIs for each of my characters. Everything is working just fine, but no matter what I do, I get the ranger animation for all of characters. I've tried installing the specific class animations and rerunning that patch inside each of the folders, but it doesn't seem to notice.

I'll be the first to admit I'm just short of computer illiterate, but I'd love to have someone attempt to help me correct this.

Okay...I'm not going to ask how you wrote that into the code cuz I'd just go cross-eyed trying to figure it out. I was testing all the skins on my ranger, so the other animations wouldn't work. But when I logged in the Mage, the magician animation worked, and the same for my druid and cleric and their respective animations.

Anyway...guess my problem wasn't anything more than operator error (as if that's anything new).

Last edited by Sapphire : 11-17-2003 at 08:39 PM.
Sapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 08:56 PM   #21
Skarlett
A Crystal Gargoyle

Default Enchanter Remmy.exe

Just want to note, I'm using WinXP and getting same message as Rasshaiz, so I had to uninstall it. Any fix for it would be appreciated.

~Skarlett
Skarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 01:48 PM   #22
Remelio
Featured Designer

Server: Tarew Marr
Send a message via ICQ to Remelio Send a message via AIM to Remelio

I am currently working on a "simple" version of remmy.exe that doesn't have the fancy progress bar and buttons and everything so that it will work on everyones computers without them having to install any extra .ocx or .dll files. Look for it within a week or so

Thanks!
Remelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 06:59 AM   #23
Xzandr
A Snow Cougar

Server: Nameless (merged w/ Inny)

I am not able to get the Ranger Class Animation to work in my UI.
Every time i try to load it, it breaks the UI and sends me to the default. Even after the new remmy you have here.

I also get that some of you .xml files don't work properly, I am using the T. King Draconic Series of UI's. NOT sure what is up with that.

I Bet that Arrow hurts sticking out like that /grin
Xzandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 09:06 AM   #24
Kalamaku
A Crystal Gargoyle

Server: luclin

i am not sure if i got this right, but the tk class animations only work if you are using an inventory that has room for that animation? is there anyway to just plug the animation anywhere into your UI? i am running the delta 3.0 UI and would love to slap the wizard animation somewhere in my main screen. again, i am not sure if that made any sense.

kalamaku
Kalamaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 01:45 AM   #25
Iandude
A Gray Wolf

Whatever i do i cant get Tk briarwand to work the mage animation works fine but briarwand wont work for me, if anyone knows how to fix this would be great help thanks.
Iandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 11:22 AM   #26
Creator
A Fire Beetle

Server: Zebuxoruk

Well after 5 hours of frustration...

You have become better at teaching yourself about computers! (3)

...I decided to search the help forum.

Much to my pleasure I found a topic related to my own, and didn't start a new one. Fear Kudane.

For three years (could it be longer!? ~gasp~) I've hated the default enchanter class animation. Nothing has ever been as poorly thought out as a the lazy leather eye of insanity. I would avoid opening my inventory window's before the new UI's were available.

So I found a UI with no class animation (note, make sure your UI's inventory window contains the class animation area) which I liked very much.

Untill I saw T.King's work. This class animation inpired me to change over my whole UI. My character is bald.

Using this new Remmy zip I got it to work. I had tears of joy to finally see it and not have to log on and off to test for the 84th time.

Here is how I used this fix and had it work.

I reinstalled the enchanter class animation zip. When prompted to autorun Remmy, left the box highlighted and continued. But when Remmy camp up, I hit the close window. You may be able to just say no to the auto run (as this included version was not working) but I want to tell you exactly how it worked for me.

So my custom UI file contains all the animation files, but I have not patched it with Remmy yet. I then unzipped the 'New' Remmy version included in this post by Remelio (You are my hero) into my custom UI file, replacing the one that was included in the animation zip.

Ran the new Remmy file, hit the patch button. Logged on.

Happiest enchanter in the world.

Good luck.

-Quezil 'Q' Fascinare
Zeb
www.eq-stone.com
Old 11-24-2003, 11:25 AM   #27
ztrevelyan
A Ghoul

Server: XEV

All Hail Remmy!!!!!

I used the fix from in this topic and I now have my animation back!

Woo Hoo!
ztrevelyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 09:57 PM   #28
Kaelinie
A Bat

Quote:
Originally posted by Remelio
I am currently working on a "simple" version of remmy.exe that doesn't have the fancy progress bar and buttons and everything so that it will work on everyones computers without them having to install any extra .ocx or .dll files. Look for it within a week or so

Thanks!

Any word on this? I'm trying to get the new cleric animation loaded into a custom UI for my fiance and it's not working.
Kaelinie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 11:45 AM   #29
Steelblaze
A Bat

Server: saryrn
Default briar wand

Quote:
Originally posted by Iandude
I got my mage animation to work in the inventory area, but no matter what i do cant get the briar wand to work, not sure what to do if anyone can help thanks alot.

I still can't get it to work using Tking's Celtic UI with Mage animation the UI and Mage animation are working fine it's the pointer that won't work

Last edited by Steelblaze : 12-20-2003 at 05:09 PM.
Steelblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 11:14 AM   #30
djavulkai
A Gray Wolf

Server: Karana

Hey guys. I was looking through my UIErrors and noticed that some of the XML files that the program makes are incomplete. The XML will not load up at all in IE and gives an error.

Anywho, I went through and put stuff in the right place and got the Cleric one to work. Here is the XML file. Just toss this into the folder... no patching or Remmy.exe

I'll work on the rest soon.

See ya -=)
Attached Files
File Type: xml equi_animations.xml (189.9 KB, 21 views)