Password

Old 11-20-2003, 05:11 PM   #31
Sthikik
A Crystal Gargoyle

Server: Zebuxoruk
Send a message via ICQ to Sthikik

Quote:
Originally posted by Weskat
Try this for info on the Sleeper. About 2/3 of the way down the page after all the rumor stuff.

Obviously, as of this post anyway, the page has not been updated for the recent (and only) kill.

On the Home page he makes an acknowledgement to the fact he needed to update his information on the sleeper now that its been killed.

Long Live the Sleeper
Zeb Server!
Sthikik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 06:51 PM   #32
Rasshaiz
A Hill Giant

Server: Veeshan
Send a message via AIM to Rasshaiz

I was reading alot of the posts and some of you make no sence = ) to me the sleeper is kinda just like "The Tribunal" in PoJ, instant death when you attack lol 20k nukes etc. They are not ment to be killed, BUT set up so if you can, you can. Like bankers in citys, or the boats way back when FoH sank it lol. He is a BIG part of the story lines of EQ and EQ2, one thing I think is kinda dumb though... is how he can only be awakein one time..... that to me is kinda retarded... why not do that then with Quarm? hes got a part in the story too.... as a matter of fact why do ANY of the gods respawn? The sleeper being a HUGE part of the origonal EQ the one I started playing on and fell in love with. oh well... what does my say matter = ) no one listens to the little guys. Big gratz to you guys for killing the seemingly unkillable almighty sleeper!
Rasshaiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 12:44 AM   #33
Irras
A Hill Giant

Server: Zebuxxoruk
Default ...

People are saying that now they will have to change the story line between the Sleeper and EQ2, but I think they'll just play it off as there were only rumors of the sleeper being overcame once.

The system wide message may have hinted to their intentions with this line - "Rumors became Stories. Stories became Legend."

Sounds to me like it's just gonna be a "story" people tell their children 50 years from now (EQ2).
About how the heros may one day return to do battle with the Sleeper and set the citizens free.

/shrug just an interesting thing to think about.

Irras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 05:21 PM   #34
Kiniyen
A Ghoul

Server: Xev
Send a message via AIM to Kiniyen Send a message via Yahoo to Kiniyen

eq2 is 500 years from the origanl everquest story, sides i believe the ultra evil cant touch this mob in eq2 will probly be Sir Lucan D'lere since they mention him so much.... what really pisses me of is that ive killed him like 3 times! all that hard work to help the knights of truth and get my soulfire and he jsut comes back to life....500 firggin years later man by then you'd think hed REALLy be dead
Kiniyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 07:28 PM   #35
Bikther
99% EVIL, 1% Cute Bunnies

Server: Innoruuk
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Well since Lucan spawns into a Skeleton when he is killed that would mean that he is undead in all forms. Therefore immortal to some extent...hehe besides how can any evil in EQ truly be killed and gone for good...with no evil our paladins would not be good.

Two sides of a coin can't have one without the other
Bikther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2003, 02:49 PM   #36
Aedaen Darklaef
A Treant

Server: Terris Thule
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to Aedaen Darklaef

Though this has been played out , I beg to differ that this does not change the story line ? If you speak to the crusaders in SS, on a server where the sleeper was awoken, they all talk of how the evil we mortals have unleashed by awakening the sleeper cannot be forgiven.
I think he was made to be 'unkillable' specifically to support the storyline behind the events that happen in ST after his awakening and subsquent escape. The ancients that supported him before his imprisonment in ST spawn in place of the warders, and are there to gather power to him for whatever his future evils on velious / norrath were supposed to be. If you support this theory , it also makes sense that he didnt drop any loot as well since he was never supposed to die.

Just my personal spin on the whole thing =)

Kudos to the collaborative efforts of the guilds involved in the kill, at any rate.

(Click me I wont bite)
Aedaen Darklaef is offline   Reply With Quote