Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 12-12-2003, 07:26 AM   #16
Solonis
A Hill Giant

Server: Fennin Ro
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

For the Majestic Ring of Illusion, try a setting of 0.6

This will allow you to see the design, but it's still cropped and faded.

Hope ATI or SOE can get this fixed.
Old 12-12-2003, 01:28 PM   #17
Darkmatil
Premium Member

Togras, look at my pics above. On the top two ATI screenshots you can see blue DE skin where robe covering should be (on the chest). If you look at the bottom two nvidia shots, that part is covered up. Stuff like that is what I mean. Shaman armor looks different also, and there is a big V cut into a lot of the robes where the chest/stomach is on the ATI card, and it just doesnt seem right compared to the nvidia one i had.
Darkmatil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 02:14 PM   #18
Togras
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Ayonae Ro

Sometimes, you're supposed to see a bit of skin, depending on the type of robe. However, considering the notorious incompatibility between ATI and EQ, I've no doubt it's a completely different problem what so ever.
Old 12-12-2003, 02:53 PM   #19
Fyste
Enhanced Imperial Golem

This might not be relevant anymore... but do you have /dopropertinting ON on the ATI machine?

I know it made a difference for me, but I've had it on for so long I'm not sure if you can even turn it off anymore...

( My Interfaces ) ( RETIRED )
Fyste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 03:17 PM   #20
Darkmatil
Premium Member

Yep, played with proper tinting on both machines, didnt make a difference with either the 3D ring or the models (yes i did zone). Right now i have it enabled on both machines.

Also, I figured out that the model issue wasnt because of my geforce card...I was able to get the models to look the same as my ATI card when I removed the eqclient.ini and loaded the game and it made a new one. So there is a line in my old eqclient.ini that was making the models look different, better looking IMO. Will post here when I find out which line it was...
Old 12-12-2003, 04:30 PM   #21
Darkmatil
Premium Member

Found it. This was in my old eqclient.ini that was not in the one on my new system:

LoadArmor17=FALSE
LoadArmor18=FALSE
LoadArmor19=FALSE
LoadArmor20=FALSE
LoadArmor21=FALSE
LoadArmor22=FALSE
LoadArmor23=FALSE

These lines were near the bottom of the defaults section, right above LeftClickTargetHelp=0 or 1. Try it and see if it makes a difference. With those lines, you'll see armor like this:

Without those lines, it looks a little worse, like this:

Can anyone figure out why those lines do or do not appear in the eqclient.ini and what exactly is going on?
Old 12-12-2003, 04:40 PM   #22
Fyste
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Oooooo those were "workaround" settings for people with older systems. Right after the Luclin armor set changes went in and system requirements change dramatically, Verant gave us those lines to turn OFF the new armor sets.

There's no equivelent UI buttons or switches to turn them on and off, and once set you have to manually edit the file to get them out again.

Sheesh... forgot all about those. Good find tho!
Old 12-12-2003, 04:46 PM   #23
Darkmatil
Premium Member

That is really weird if true. Funny that the new armor seems to look worse than the old.
Old 12-12-2003, 05:22 PM   #24
Darkmatil
Premium Member

Well after I started the game again after I got the good looking models to work, it went back to the bad looking ones, even though I have those armor lines in there now....I am so confused, just dont know what's causing it
Old 12-13-2003, 02:16 AM   #25
Darkmatil
Premium Member

Ok, well I got the whole armor issue sorted out finally. Turns out it wasnt the armor lines. It WAS the proper tinting all a long. I guess on the ATI machine proper tinting was automatically enabled, it was disabled on the old machine. Now i thought i tried proper tinting because it says once i zone it will take effect. But found out that's actually wrong, have to quit out of the game and then come back for the proper tinting setting change to take effect. So I guess the skin showing is the proper tinting way.

Anyway, hopefully they will fix the 3D target issue soon.
Old 12-13-2003, 08:55 PM   #26
Fyste
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Something I found late last night, I'm going to do a little poking around tonight...

I loaded the Test server to play with the Melee changes, and the target ring appeared to work there, almost perfectly. I saw a FEW wierd flashes, but nothing like I see on the regular servers.

There are a couple things I need to check...

1) I was using the default UI on Test, and I use my own UI on regular. I tried switching to default UI, but I didn't relog, so I'm not POSITIVE I got the effect.

2) I had made changes to my UI's TargetIndicator.ini and I'm not sure if that was affecting things...

3) When I patched in Test, I saw an updated TargetIndicator.ini got loaded, and a patched graphics DLL. Not sure what effect that had, but I'd like to see the settings in that TargetIndicator.ini

Anyway, will look at it tonight.
Old 12-14-2003, 12:46 AM   #27
Darkmatil
Premium Member

Well that's good news, I hope it will be fixed like that on live soon. I'm guessing hopefully for that patch that's supposed to be on the 16th (tuesday).
Old 12-16-2003, 11:38 AM   #28
Fyste
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Oh should have updated this sooner... hehe

I did retest this on Test with default UI and my custom UI, and it looks like it's really fixed on Test ! Hopefully will show up on live after the next patch

/cheer
Old 12-17-2003, 11:37 PM   #29
Tamzar
A Gray Wolf

Default Static Majestic Ring

I am trying to download the Static version of the Majestic Ring target ring. (I like the animated version, but its just a creates more lag for me). Anyway, when I try to un-zip the folder, it is empty... there are no files to be extracted. Anyone know what is wrong with this download? Anyone able to contact the author to see if it can be fixed? Thanks.
Tamzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 11:53 PM   #30
Tamzar
A Gray Wolf

Default Nevermind :)

Tried the Static version of the Majestic Ring download again tonight and it worked. Please ignore my previous post. Thanks!
Tamzar is offline   Reply With Quote