Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Released
User Name
Password

Old 12-15-2003, 02:14 PM   #1
kenwoodx2
A Shissar Disciple

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default kx2UI - drakah remix - WoW

here it is! a 1024x768 version of Drakah's Warcraft emulated 2.0 UI .. with some modifications.. Please see the description and picture for more info:

http://www.eqinterface.com/sdownloa....php?s=&id=2859

Please leave feedback here, if you liked it, if you didn't (what, why, etc) or if you have suggestions to improve it
kenwoodx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 03:37 PM   #2
gr8f8
A Fire Beetle

Server: Veeshan

Awesome! I have been searching for just the right UI and this one ROCKS. I'm not a wiz at the whole UI thing but I know what I like and what works and this one is just what I have been looking for. BRAVO!
gr8f8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 04:47 PM   #3
pr0phet
A Fire Beetle

I agree this is an excellent UI and it's really the only one I'll use.
I have one problem, though. The piece with my HP/Stamina/Name/Level is missing it's background picture. It's just a transparent box with letters, it seems. The HP/Stamina graphics are there, somehow. And when I cast, I can see the background image kind of scan past...?

Is there a seperate thing I have to put behind it? Or should it all be one piece?

I'm a little new to this myself...

Last edited by pr0phet : 12-15-2003 at 05:33 PM.
pr0phet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 05:22 PM   #4
kenwoodx2
A Shissar Disciple

It should be there.. if you right click somewhere on the box (this is technically your group window) you should get a little menu. . select background -> texture and see if that fixes it..
Old 12-15-2003, 05:34 PM   #5
pr0phet
A Fire Beetle

Awe, yeah! That fixed it.

one other thing i noticed is that when you're grouped with somebody and are in different zones, the F1 <someones name> goes blank ?? The graphic is there but no name. Is this another texture thing I should adjust?
pr0phet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 10:32 PM   #6
kenwoodx2
A Shissar Disciple

hmm, the name disappearing is probably due to how the name for the group member is being displayed.. it's not the name that is part of the gauge, it's a label with the same EQType as the gauge.. So that's just due to how the code on the server is handling it.. I can probably change it to use the name on the gauge versus using a seperate label for the name..
Old 12-16-2003, 01:01 AM   #7
delacy13
A Bat

I love the UI but do you think you could put in an option to have the spells and buffs to be vertical instead of horizontal. thanks
delacy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 03:33 AM   #8
liliputt
A Ghoul

Server: Tallon Zek

Excellent work and thx for finally getting this into 1024x768 that I am also stuck with.
Lililya - 38 High Elf Enchanter
Zitar - 37 Var Shir Bard
Brileant - 29 Dark Elf Rogue
Carthern - 15 Human Shadow Knight
liliputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 06:53 AM   #9
piicibu
A Fire Beetle

Default great UI.......

i can't find the stat or exp windows on my screen anywhere.....i loaded the default UI back and put everything kind of in te middle,and reloaded your UI.......still no stat window or exp bars....help please........
piicibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 07:16 AM   #10
piicibu
A Fire Beetle

Default ack........

hehehe......i found the stat and exp window.....
piicibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 07:16 AM   #11
Kalamaku
A Crystal Gargoyle

Server: luclin

awsome UI. there was only one part, that i could tell, that was a bit confusing. when i went to the inventory screen, i only got a screen with a destroy button and the cash slots, no items or inventory slots. i see that you have an item tab on the pet window, and you can see your bag slots on the horizontal bar, but nothing when you go to inventory. is this intentional? or something funny, just curious.

PS, if you have the time, i was wondering if you would be able to break down parts of this UI into stand alone downloads? specifically i love the container/bazaar/trader/bank/looting windows. is it possible to extract these into stand alone items? i tried to pull them out but it didnt work. thanks for all the hard work! keep up the good job

kala
Kalamaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 07:18 AM   #12
Kalamaku
A Crystal Gargoyle

Server: luclin

oh and the map window hehe that rocks as well

kala
Kalamaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 12:15 PM   #13
kenwoodx2
A Shissar Disciple

The map window is from Drakah's Warcraft UI, all I did was reposition some of the buttons he had positioned outside of the window.. (probably because those buttons just aren't used very much) .. I think you can use that one outside of the UI, you would just need to change which draw template it uses.. (and of course copy the .tga file for the artwork)

Yes, the inventory slots have been removed from the inventory window on purpose.. Since they are always available in the pet info window (there is an option to keep it up at all times in the options) and the rest of the slots are on the hotbutton bar.. I didn't like having them in two different places.. What's left in the inventory window is what couldn't be moved.

I think I can put out a stand alone mod for those windows you mentioned.. I had already posted a stand alone container mod on Drakah's website, and I believe I would just need to add the xml for the other windows to that (since they are using the same template).. Note that this would not be a drop in mod to the other warcraft mods as there are some elements that would be shared and cause it to crash.. (you would need to make modifications to the code to get it to work)

I really don't have any plans to reorient the spell bar or the buffs.. for one thing there's not enough room on the screen for that orientation .. I would have to completely resize them for that to work.. so sorry, you're kind of stuck with them in the horizontal positions (note that you could delete the .xml files to revert back to default, but you'll lose the mana bar if you do that .. also the casting gauge window is currently set to size 0,0)

Thanks for the feedback!
Old 12-16-2003, 06:08 PM   #14
cristelmoon
A Ghoul

Server: Bertoxxulous
Send a message via AIM to cristelmoon

I add 2 thing in that i feel are help love the rest this UI very usfull I add a Bazaar_Search_Window
http://64.191.99.203/sdownload/fileinfo.php?s=&id=2818
and an Adventure Request Wnd
http://64.191.99.203/sdownload/fileinfo.php?s=&id=2540
thank you dear did a real graet job
Old 12-16-2003, 10:20 PM   #15
kenwoodx2
A Shissar Disciple

Ok, I uploaded the container type windows as a seperate mod under the containers category.. This includes: bazaar, big bank, loot, merchant, container, give and trade windows.. works with the default UI - see the downloads section once it's available

Those windows are nice, but I don't care to modify them.. they should work with the UI just fine though, and if they use the default templates (which I modified for this UI) then they will even look like they belong.. .. most stand alone mods should work if they were coded correctly