Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Archive
User Name
Password

Old 08-24-2002, 05:47 AM   #16
Dradin
A Bat

Default Vertical Health

To think outside the box for a minute...

Why are all the health bars horizontal?? Yes it makes it easy to see and it is what we are use to. However, to accomplish your goal of unobstructed view. Why not change the health bars to be vertical and place them 2x3 or 3x2 on the right and/or left side?

I'm not saying its a good idea, I'm not even suggesting that I would like it. It's just something that I have not seen and I don't know if its out there or not yet. If it is then disregard this post.

Dradin
High Priest
Terris Thule
Old 08-24-2002, 10:20 AM   #17
Blacklord_sith
A Hill Giant

Server: Tholuxxe Paelles

I'd very much like to try out this new UI. was hoping ya might post the link in the forum, but if not may I please get the files Thx
Old 08-24-2002, 10:56 AM   #18
Morniel
A Fire Beetle

Personally I like having the group box up by the player info - but you know that 'cause I requested it.

Suggestions to make the whole thing take up less space -
remove player level/class/diety. remove stamina bar (I'm a caster personally so I don't care one whit about stam, but not everyone feels that way)... put xp/aaxpin place of level/class/diety, shift group info up.

Personally I would still like to see the target directly below the group window along with the casting bar.

Alternatively, could also put the group info underneath the player info. just extend that area down a bit... that would block less of the center screen area. I'd still get rid of level/class/diety though - I know that information without having to see it.

Aesthetically speaking, I like the double curve you have going with the hp/mana/stam and the xp/aaxp areas.

target/cast could also be placed underneath the player info section, whether or not you move the group area.

I like to have group/target/cast all close together, but that's because (as a cleric) I spend the vast majority of my time healing.
Old 08-24-2002, 01:18 PM   #19
Iare Tosevite
A Ghoul

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

You can just leave percents of group members, freeing up considerable space. then the names would be a problem however...
Old 08-24-2002, 01:36 PM   #20
Mischief
A Snow Griffin

Ok guess Im missing somthing.... where do I down load this???

As a tank I dont care "one whit" about mana, but I'd rather not lose my stamina bar ;-)

Maybe you can make melee and caster versions if it too much trouble to do it in one mod?
Old 08-24-2002, 02:24 PM   #21
Tryle
A Gray Wolf

I just want to add that I am a caster (wizard) with the same concerns of having the space open and absolutely love this mod. I'd love to see the group list with hps and mana and agree for the casters mod to remove the stamina, level, class, diety aspects to conserve more space.

Would love to have a copy with the above mentioned changes made emailed to me please!

[email protected]

Tryle
60th Wizard of Vazaelle
Old 08-24-2002, 02:59 PM   #22
kjen
A Bat

Server: Xegony
Cool

I would like to get some of this
[email protected]

only question can the percent's be added to the HP,Mana,Sta,Exp,and AltExp? that would help Me

Old 08-24-2002, 05:47 PM   #23
Cormanth
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Zebuxoruk

Ok guys, sorry I didn't get something new posted yesterday. What with the move and all, seems there was a bit of a bog down and for some reason my password wouldn't work. And it took a great deal of time to get it reset. However, here are the alterations I've made, plus a screenshot and even links to the files.

I've made 2 different Player info windows, one with the group info and one without. I would like to comment briefly on some of your suggestions if I may...

For starters, the level/class/deity info: I want to keep it there, because for some reason I feel that it belongs. Don't ask me why, I just think it would be lacking if I took it off.

Secondly, the stamina bar: I too am a caster, in fact I am a wizard. And I don't know about the rest of the wizards out there, but sometimes I find myself having to turn tail and run. And sometimes I am running a great distance, or Spirit of Wolf ran out at a bad time and my only means of evading my attacker is... the space bar. THat's right, I jump, as much and as often as I can to get away from whatever it is that wants to tear me a new one. And jumping gets me a step or two ahead. Thing is, when my stamina or 'fatigue' level drops too far, I can't jump anymore, and not only that, but I begin to slow down. So, I like having that little yellow bar there so I know when I need to stop jumping to let my fatigue level go back up again.

As for the casting and target windows: Where in the heck would I put them? See, the size of the gauges or bars is kinda a hard thing to work around. I tried making them smaller but they became hard to read, and the pixels began bleeding together. And with the size requirements of EQ interface windows (being a power of 2), well, I wanted to keep my image files within a certain size limit... 256x256. The edges of my Player window have already hit that size, and to add anymore, I'd have to make my file bigger... double the current size even. Now, that doesn't mean the actual window would be double the size, just the file. But that does mean slightly longer downloads, slightly more work, and I guess I'm just being lazy in that aspect.

I put the target window on the Actions window because it made it close to the attack/melee buttons, as well as the skills and abilities. For melee classes, if you move your mouse down to click on bash or taunt or kick, you have the target's health gauge right there above your mouse pointer. I know, many of you use Hotkeys for this so it really doesn't matter.

As for the casting gauge, here's what I did. I cast a spell that took a few seconds to cast (I'm a wizard, I have many of those), the quickly grabbed my casting gauge and moved it right over beneath my spells window. That way when I cast a spell, I glance up to where my spell gems are, and see my casting gauge. A thought I had is to attach the casting gauge to the spell gem window like I did the exp and AA bars.

Anyway, I'm running out of steam here, so I'll address some of the changes I DID make, and get to posting the pics and where to get it.

1: Added group health gauges to the Player Window. There are 2 different version available, one with and one without.

2: Added percents to both versions for Mana and HP. These percents are color coded so it should be obvious which is which. (Oh, and as for making a button that reports mana to the group... until VI gives us a way to create our own button functions, not bloody likely).

3: Adjusted the old group window so that everything fits on a horizontal plane, instead of vertically as it used to be. (I forgot to add F-key labels to each gauge so look for that in a couple of days, sorry)

4: Added the 'target' gauge to the 'Main' tab of the actions window. I originally had it only on the abilities and combat tabs, but it wasn't showing your target after you zoned because the 'main' tab defaults to being on top.

5: Adjusted the compass colors a bit so that they stand out a bit better (lightened the blues and reds a bit). Also added off-axis labels (SE, SW, NE, NW)

6: Added spell number labels to each of the spell gems in the spell casting window. Some people found it hard to remember that the evens went across the top and the odds down the side, so I added numbers to remind them. I also added a slightly different Spellbook button. The old red and gold thing was a bit ghastly so I took a snap of my spell book, shrunk it down considerably, and put it in there in an open and closed view.

I guess that's really about it. I've been reading over some of your suggestions and requests, and will likely be making some more alterations/special modifications in the near future. I am not opposed to making custom adjustments to my UI to meet individual needs, so keep sending me your comments. And Morniel... I'm working on that Hotkey window. I've just been trying to get some game time in lately. I finally hit 51 on my main character last night.
Old 08-24-2002, 05:54 PM   #24
Cormanth
A Shissar Defiler

The lastest screenshot...

And where to get the files:

Player window(without the group gauges):
http://www.ftchouston.com/EQfiles/Playerwindow.zip

Player window(with the group gauges):
http://www.ftchouston.com/EQfiles/G_Playerwindow.zip

Hotbutton window with Inventory:
http://www.ftchouston.com/EQfiles/Hotkeywindow.zip

Spell window:
http://www.ftchouston.com/EQfiles/Spellwindow.zip

Action window with Target gauge:
http://www.ftchouston.com/EQfiles/ActionsWindow.zip

Just the horizontal group window:
http://www.ftchouston.com/EQfiles/GroupWindow.zip

My compass image file (in .zip format):
http://www.ftchouston.com/EQfiles/CompassGraphic.zip

All files (includes Buff/Effects and Group windows):
http://www.ftchouston.com/EQfiles/UIwindows.zip

Each of these ZIP files contain the necessary .XML files as well as the .TGA graphic files. Just extract them to your custom Everquest UI folder, replacing any existing files.

-Cormanth
Old 08-25-2002, 09:18 AM   #25
lizzari
A Ghoul

Server: Torvonnilous

awesome =)

but i miss that "white tiny spellbook" in the top left corner. Also i miss the AAXP Stats and the Compass fades in total black, when u go over it with the mouse cursor.

(how i install it ? : downloaded the new file and overwrited all old with it)

http://www.everquester.de
Old 08-25-2002, 05:35 PM   #26
Cormanth
A Shissar Defiler

Default Missing items

Ok, there's a simple explaination for why you are missing various items in the UI.

A: The spellbook icon - did you download both the graphic for the book and the XML for the spell casting window? They should have been in the same .zip file. The xml file is important as there was a change to the texture being used for that button. It looks to me like your version is not loading the texture, therefore it's not being shown.

B: The AAXP stats as you mentioned are actually the group health gauges. To get those, you have to use the other file, G_PlayerWindow.zip. It is the one which includes those gauges.

C: The compass going dark- right click on the compass, select 'Alpha' and the 'Normal Level' and drop it down to about 90. My graphic is a bit darker than the one that came from Varent.

Those simple changes being done, everything should work perfectly.

And might I also suggest you check out T. King's spell graphics? They look alot better with my mod. Infact, they just look alot better period.

-Cormanth

Ok, my mistake... apparently I forgot to add the texture info to the spell casting XML file. Please download and install the latest XML file for that windows.

http://www.ftchouston.com/EQfiles/Spellwindow.zip

Last edited by Cormanth : 08-25-2002 at 05:45 PM.
Old 08-26-2002, 11:06 PM   #27
Zanowin
A Fire Beetle

Server: Fennin Ro
Send a message via AIM to Zanowin Send a message via Yahoo to Zanowin

This Skin is AWSOME..I just downloaded it..hehe
Old 08-27-2002, 04:09 AM   #28
Cormanth
A Shissar Defiler

Default New future skin ideas

Ok, I've taken such a liking to making my own 'skins' that I decided to put up a site of my own. It's not much more than an empty forum site right now. Perhaps in the future, as I get more free time, I'mm add the kinds of things to it that I'd like to see on an EQ site.

I have high hopes and dreams of this new User Interface that Varent has given us, and hopefully in time they will make it even more flexible so that people like myself and so many others will really be able to have some fun with it.

I already have some pretty wild images in my head of what my next UI will look and be like, and if and when I do get it finished, I will be posting it on my site. So, if any of you wish to see what I may be coming up with in the future, check out:

http://elicia.zyberwerx.net

The domain is temporary right now as I haven't really decided what to call it. I just grabbed one of my other domains for the time being (I have some 10 or 12 various domains that get little to no use).

At any rate, I've got my current UI posted there as well as screenshots and links. And any changes I make I will be posting there first before they make it to this and some of the other sites around. It's just alot easier for me to keep track of things on my own site, and the files for my skin are stored there anyway.

-Cormanth
Old 08-27-2002, 02:04 PM   #29
Mischief
A Snow Griffin

Talking

One tiny request....

I love, love, love this skin.

I use the G_Playerwindow, so the group window seems pretty redundant... however, I do need the Invite and Disband buttons.

Can you make a group window that only has these buttons? Somthing I can move and put where ever I want? (maybe it isnt possible. I dunno)
Old 08-27-2002, 05:10 PM   #30
Yelara
A Shissar Defiler

Server: ayonae ro
Send a message via ICQ to Yelara Send a message via AIM to Yelara Send a message via Yahoo to Yelara

I absolutely love the mod. It's perfect for my lower res (1024) second EQ box. For the first time since the new UI was implemented I actually have full functionality and still have a viewable area on that screen :P Needless to say it rocks on my main EQ machine running in 1280 as well.

I made a few minor changes. Basicly I applied your mods over a modded version of the Vert skin (I prefer the crisper lines of Vert's skin to the bulkier default) with the Group player window.

I have 2 questions though:

First: Is there a way to not have 2 group windows and 2 targets? It's not so bad on the high res box but the second boxes are taking valuable space on the lower res box. Is there a fix for that or did I do something wrong in my install?

Second: Is there a way to reassoign the inventory slots in the hot box window? I'd prefer Primary, Secondary, Ammo, Ear, Wrist, Legs, Feet and Chest(My ahars are Epic Shaman, Cleric and Druid with a ton of right clicky stuff) I was able to do it in the Vert mod but I can't seem to find the right items to modify Instead of my bags

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks again for the great job.

Last edited by Yelara : 08-27-2002 at 06:16 PM.