Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > General UI Talk > Priest
User Name
Password

Old 03-14-2005, 04:33 PM   #31
soran
A Tundra Mammoth

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

The "Do not use" bug is an issue on Sony's end. It will take a patch to fix it. The round little coin things are the pet gauges for the group
soran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 11:41 AM   #32
Kelrizzo
A Gray Wolf

Send a message via ICQ to Kelrizzo

I've used those "coin things" often too as they change color was the pets health goes down.

Did I mention I REALLY like this UI hehe

/lights another candle in the Soran shrine.
Kelrizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 02:35 AM   #33
soran
A Tundra Mammoth

Default Small update

I made a small update tonight and fixed a problem with the selector window. The hott gauge was blocking the selector buttons. As a result the buttons appeared not to be working when you moved the mouse overtop. OOPS! On the screen it doesn't look like they overlap, but they do because part of the gauge "area" is invisible. I had to simply make sure the gauge was behind the buttons so they weren't blocked.

I also put the hott percentage in. Alot of people like it, but it stays there even when there isn't anyone on target. So I didn't initially include it.

If you don't like it there, here's how you get rid of it.

1. Open EQUI_SelectorWnd.xml in notepad
2. Scroll down to the bottom of the file.
3. Find the folowing line
Code:
<Pieces>SELW_HPLabel</Pieces>

4. Comment out that line so it looks like:
Code:
<!-- <Pieces>SELW_HPLabel</Pieces> -->

5. Save the file and then exit.
6. Reload the UI
Old 03-27-2005, 12:41 AM   #34
Gazzaz
A Ghoul

This is a great looking UI. I tried loading it up and All seems fine EXCEPT, I cannot find the HP/MANA numbers and gauges you have in the Pic. I see you have them located just above your left chat window and next to the bottom of your hotkeys but I don't have anything there. I tried resizing to see if they were off screen but that didnt help and Alt-p just turns on and off your saves and Inv/Dis keys.

Any help? I'd really like to use this one but need my health/mana displayed,

Thanks
Old 03-27-2005, 01:33 AM   #35
soran
A Tundra Mammoth

If all got loaded correctly.. it's there. Try looking behind the chat windows.. or the other windows. It usually ends up in lower right corner if you load it without using the ini file.

Soran
Old 03-27-2005, 03:20 PM   #36
Patch
A Fire Beetle

Server: Stromm

wow nice i loved the ortin UI and was left out of place without it looks great, Dragnet KB... Name I haven't seen in a while too. /hugs~ Draggie
Patch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 07:23 AM   #37
Dragnet
A Gray Wolf

Server: Antonius Bayle
Default hug

Waves at patch!!!

I love this UI. Its been my inspiration to get down and dirty with XML Myself. When I'm happy with what I've done and let Soran decide if he wants to publish my bits and pieces or if he's happy for me to put it out myself.

I've done the work putting the group info onto the hot button bar and adjusted the combat ability window to fit the side for a warrior friend but its definitely still in alpha for now. When I've finished the warrior version I'll put my mind to a vertical spell bar.

Dragnet Danceswithgods
Proud cleric of Bristlebane
(Now of Antonius Bayle)
Dragnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 08:27 PM   #38
soran
A Tundra Mammoth

Default Preview of next update...

I've been working on another update. Mainly to make it a little better for hybrids to use the UI. I also got stricken with the creative bug and made all new GAUGES! They are a little brighter and more stylish. Here's a sneak peak. Let me know what ya think of em.

I'll update Dragnet' 6 person group window before I upload the patch, as the old graphics won't be compatible at all. I made alot of behind the scenes updates to clean up the code as well, I moved alot of the textures to the animations file, so I could reuse the gauges. Pretty blah, unless your into the XML stuff.

Oh ya.. no more empty pet gauges!

Look for this update at the end of the week..

Soran

Last edited by soran : 04-02-2005 at 04:06 AM.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:22 PM   #39
Wolvig
A Shissar Disciple

Like the Ui. Would like to try with my Cleric but don't like the plastic look. Would it be to much to modify it into a TKing style?
Wolvig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 08:07 AM   #40
oakling
Splat Mage

I use this ui as both an enchanter and a mage. Would you make a pet window similar to the new combat skills window (with a tiny pet get lost button) to place alongside the hotbuttons? Besides this request my characters are VERY happy with your work.
oakling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 10:28 AM   #41
aelflaed
A Tundra Mammoth

Server: The Seventh Hammer
Thumbs up

Med-
Love the hybrid mods, sorry I don't have a hybrid high enough to test them for you.. = /

I looked at it closely, and now that you made that super slick disciplines window, the only thing you would need to do to make it completely melee friendly is: either make a slick looking actions window that could be put right below the disciplines, or for pure melee replace the spell gems with the action window. I know at least 4 hybrids in our guild that play with the action window open at all times anyway so you would prolly make a lot of people very happy with a mod for it. = )

But as always, great work my friend! Look forward to seeing what you come up with next!
---------------

Well.. loaded it up on my ranger, looks fantastic, seems to work great. Actually the action window is just fine as is, and I can stuff it next to the chat windows and make as many chat windows as I want so that's all great!

So.. I'm thinking this is dandy and I try to load it up to use on fisty, cause it's by far and away much cooler than what I have been using. Mana shows up as 0% which I'm used to and it doesn't bother me to have it there... but the whole bottom left group/spell/quick inventory doesn't open. Makes sense kinda, since the spell gem window won't open at all for pure melees, but the whole business isn't there since eq much flag that whole business as the spell window. /cry

On a good note, Banerm loaded it up and is quite happy with it.

70 Rogue of <Forged Souls> The Seventh Hammer

Last edited by aelflaed : 09-26-2005 at 11:56 AM.
aelflaed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 06:06 PM   #42
soran
A Tundra Mammoth

That pesky action window.. I'll do something with it eventually

I'm gonna take a break from major updates for a while, so no need to fear me ninja changing something a week from now. I do plan on tweaking the combat disc window a bit and maybe looking into modding the pet window.

If I do get going on the pure melee version, it will be put out as a seperate UI and won't affect any of the current or files.

On a side note, I was talking to a guy in guild who has been using my UI. He showed me something I had no idea about. Apparently you can tint the windows to about any color you want!! I felt like a total newb when he explained it to me. I've been playing around with it, and I can't believe I never found it before.. LOL

So anyway someone commented that the UI was a little to plastic looking. Well, I found that when you set the TINT to grey, it doesn't alter the color scheme, but tones the blue background down enough so that it's a bit less flashy.

Some might like it. Right click on one of the main windows and select....
Window--->Background--->TintColor. Then click on the grey icon and see how ya like it. Or try different colors, it's kinda neat. To change it backto the original, set the Tint color to white. I might make some neutral colored buttons in the future so it will look decent with any color (just thinking outloud hehe).

Have fun

Soran
Old 04-09-2005, 12:26 AM   #43
Zonemar
A Gray Wolf

Server: Zeb
Send a message via AIM to Zonemar Send a message via Yahoo to Zonemar
Question Tell window needs to have a place to close

Tell windows needs to a place to close it and need a way to move them around so if you get more then one tell for buffs etc you can see them but Love it
Elder of Ledereavere
co-owner
Zonemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 03:24 AM   #44
aelflaed
A Tundra Mammoth

Server: The Seventh Hammer

hehe, yeah.. I tinted them all with the dark teal colour for my ranger.. looks really pretty, goes great with the colour of the buttons.

And yeah, still gonna pester you for a melee version... cause now my roomate's using it and it's so nifty and pretty and functional.. and I wanna use it for my main! I swear... just take out the spell gems, I'll use it with a gaping hole there, I don't care! <3

70 Rogue of <Forged Souls> The Seventh Hammer

Last edited by aelflaed : 09-26-2005 at 11:58 AM.
aelflaed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 04:22 PM   #45
soran
A Tundra Mammoth

Zonemar, you can move chat windows around via resizing them. View the readme file for details.

oh. you have the option where each tell pops up as a seperate window. I'm afraid the way I have chat windows set up, won't be good for using that feature. Sorry

Soran

Last edited by soran : 04-15-2005 at 09:53 PM.