Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Archive
User Name
Password

Old 08-29-2002, 12:54 PM   #16
vertebrae
Featured Artist

Featured Artist

yepo this is the release of vert 2.0 - leaning towards a different theme cause well.. i chose to. lol this mod prolly isnt gonna make everyone happy. but hey, that was never the intention with the first either.

If I feel i'm getting bored with this one and head another direction, that'll come another time. In the mean time, just wanted to give some food for thought with the mod I use at home. I'm offering you 2 new things that no other mods offer. A compass that tells u + and - , and a Tirrani's tool that customizes the hotbutton.

If ya really wanna know why i went green i'll tell ya. Most of my ideas for the ui come when i smoke that stuff. I was bored of seeing blue this and blue that. Vert means green in french,.. i think. Thought a poison green was an appropriate colour for rogue. My good friend Kildaere is a druid and likes the colour green.

Anyways. I'm looking foward to seeing u guys play with this one and mod the crap outta it.
Old 08-29-2002, 02:24 PM   #17
vertebrae
Featured Artist

Featured Artist

WARNING - theres a framrate lag problem with any casters. seems to be ok on the pure melee's thoa. I'm gonna look into it. and release a fix. crap.
Old 08-29-2002, 02:42 PM   #18
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Heya Vert, could I talk you into uploading Vert 1.1 Mod also??? seems to still be a great demand for it...

Kudane
Old 08-29-2002, 03:08 PM   #19
Yelara
A Shissar Defiler

Server: ayonae ro
Send a message via ICQ to Yelara Send a message via AIM to Yelara Send a message via Yahoo to Yelara

very nice work

I didnt think anything could inprove Vert 1.1 for my 1280 box but you did it with 2.0

As a few ppl have asked before - any chance of some files to make it a blue tint? Only cause it's easier on my tired old eyes

I had modded Vert 1.1 to have an easy on my eyes blue background, applied some of the mods to this version and it seems to work fine - but not all the boxes accept the tint

Thanks again for a great skin
Old 08-29-2002, 06:48 PM   #20
Filex
A Hill Giant

I've done a working blue version of vert 2.0, but it suffers from the lag problems related to casters. Looking forward to the fix.
Old 08-29-2002, 08:03 PM   #21
Karaab
A Ghoul

Server: Maelin Starpyre

Quote:
Originally posted by vertebrae
WARNING - theres a framrate lag problem with any casters. seems to be ok on the pure melee's thoa. I'm gonna look into it. and release a fix. crap.

I've noticed my UIErrors.txt file just filling up pretty badly... and pretty quickly... about 12 lines of the following... per second...

[Thu Aug 29 19:54:25 2002] Warning: file UIFiles\bard\ not found in directory UIFiles\bard\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.

I think there's your lag problem
EQ Utilities
Old 08-29-2002, 09:46 PM   #22
vertebrae
Featured Artist

Featured Artist

the problem was i finally over packed the ui, and theres just too much sheet. i removed some unwanted stuff and toned it down. maily in the spellgems..

anyways version 2.1 has been sent. there is a blue version available.
Old 08-29-2002, 10:09 PM   #23
YoMaD
A Gray Wolf

Edit: I just downloaded crystal meth and it looks good with dark red tints, have new problems for you. Pet hp is split into mana and is grey colored, so it's hard to see. Advanced targetting's fraction split bar is grey split into white, it's also hard to see. Group pet hp is grey split into white, also hard to see. The only things needing color changes are the split bars that are grey, blue would be good but I'd personally do red because I have red tinted windows. Also, could you make the buff window wider to include more of the longer buff's names? I have it stacked over the player/pet tab, and if you could widen it to be the same width as that window it would be great. Also alt doesn't work on spell gems to see the names but that's expected, I'll just have to get used to it, at least it saves room.

Another edit: Personal preference but I'd like current hp/max hp rather than the other way around.

Last edited by YoMaD : 08-29-2002 at 10:53 PM.
Old 08-29-2002, 11:56 PM   #24
Curumtiny
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Tarew Marr

I was unable to see the Cast spell window that marks the time of the spell in the new version of the Crystal Meth. Is their a reason why? I moved all my windows around and still couldnt see it. Then I loaded the original vert2.0 and I was able to see the caster window. Then reloaded Vert2.1 and no casting spell window.

Curumtiny Call Me Yoda
Gnome Warrior (GnomeLord) Level 65
Tarrew Marr
Guild Officer: Invictus Verite
Click on Signiture for Magelo Profile
Old 08-30-2002, 12:10 AM   #25
vertebrae
Featured Artist

Featured Artist

Hmm. non casters will need to delete the EQUI_CastingWindow.xml file.
Old 08-30-2002, 12:17 AM   #26
Curumtiny
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Tarew Marr

I was able to get the EQUI_CastingWindow.xml file to appear when I deleted EQUI_CastingWindow.xml file from Vert2.1. When it pulled it from the default direcory it worked fine. I am not sure if the problem was the window settings I saw some diffrences in the one included then the coding in the Default one.

Also not sure if this has anything to do with it but I use the TKing spellbook, spells, buffs and the Ivy Spell Window.
Old 08-30-2002, 01:24 AM   #27
Existe
A Ghoul

Anyone have a fix for the T. King spell books and the new vert 2.1?

Thanks

Existe
Old 08-30-2002, 02:19 AM   #28
Yelara
A Shissar Defiler

Server: ayonae ro
Send a message via ICQ to Yelara Send a message via AIM to Yelara Send a message via Yahoo to Yelara

Quote:
Originally posted by Curumtiny
I was unable to see the Cast spell window that marks the time of the spell in the new version of the Crystal Meth. Is their a reason why? I moved all my windows around and still couldnt see it. Then I loaded the original vert2.0 and I was able to see the caster window. Then reloaded Vert2.1 and no casting spell window.

It's no longer a separate window. The guage is in the Spellbar box under the 2 rows of spell gems. Shows up a lovely shade of purple when I cast
Old 08-30-2002, 02:42 AM   #29
Iluvatar
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Solusek Ro

Quote:
Originally posted by Existe
Anyone have a fix for the T. King spell books and the new vert 2.1?

Thanks

Existe

If noone else is going to do it, I will.
It'll take some time, though, since I'm at work right now (I'm on CET) and I dunno when I'll get to do it...
Good thing th upload didn't work, last night, now I can do it for the bug fixed version..
Old 08-30-2002, 03:02 AM   #30
Kalamaku
A Crystal Gargoyle

Server: luclin

thanks Iluvatar love this new vert just dont like the spell book hehe

kalamaku