Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 09-05-2005, 12:48 AM   #16
Kinada
Featured Artist

Featured Artist

Anyone else having issues with the new dropdown menu. For some odd reason it wont display the EQ graphic or the arrows indicating submenus in Vert. However in Solaria it works though not quite positioned right.

Still finishing up other changes and havent had time to mess with it.
Old 09-05-2005, 12:59 AM   #17
soran
A Tundra Mammoth

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Good Thread.. The biggest hurdle it looks like I have to face is a redesign of things like hard coded clicky slots.. and hard coded inventory slots on main UI.

With the new hotbutton windows.. it really doesn't make sense to use them. Soo.. because my UI is trying to be minimalist, I have to find a way to squish these extra hotbuttons on the screen.

I do like that the EQmain button does away with the selector window. That thing was really was becoming somewhat of a giant eyesore on my UI.

Other than that.. It looks like I'm gonna pull through this expansion.

Soran
soran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 01:02 AM   #18
soran
A Tundra Mammoth

Quote:
wont display the EQ graphic or the arrows

Make sure you update the graphics files. Those are new elements.
Old 09-05-2005, 03:52 AM   #19
Kinada
Featured Artist

Featured Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by soran
Make sure you update the graphics files. Those are new elements.

Nothing in that particular graphics file is custom in either UI which is why it was confusing me.

I got it fixed though. For some reason the animations file wasnt loading windows_pieces05.tga. Once I finished getting the UIs ready and had more time to look at it I found it.
Kinada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 02:23 PM   #20
soran
A Tundra Mammoth

Been trying to put the new HotButtons into into a 4 tabbed window. It's not working. Apparently the way it's coded right now, the hotbuttons will only work in their own window. Soo.. I bugged it.

Soran
Old 09-07-2005, 12:20 AM   #21
Kavrvnwlf
A Wooly Rhino

Partial NDA lifted for DoD, See here for official SoE release.
Does that give beta testers more leeway for discussing the UI with us a little more?
Kavrvnwlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 05:59 AM   #22
Kinada
Featured Artist

Featured Artist

We've had permission to discuss the UI since this thread started.

The files are available for DL by all though you cant see it in action yet for some it will give a good heads up.
Kinada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 03:21 PM   #23
Rundle
Premium Member

Question Hot Buttons

I've made a number of modifications to a Hot Button window mod I found here. It was a mod from Celesta, VerticalHotbuttonWithInventory.zip, from 2002 but I removed the inventory slots, further changed the sizing, and added some yellow numbering for quick identification. I see from the screen shot thread and reading the XML file that there are now 4 hot button windows. It looks like I should be able to easily add in the settings button and expand my mods to all four windows but it's unclear if I really will need to. I still have room on my exisiting set up as it is. I have two quick questions since I was not in Beta about this which should help me decide where to focus my work.

1) I see in the tga file that they expanding the button graphic to include a 11th and 12th slot. Any mention or experience with these being used?

2) How are the key mappings now handled? When pressing 1 through 0 is only one of the hot button windows active? Any info on user usage would be great.

Thanks in advance.
Rundle
Rundle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 09:12 PM   #24
Kjan
A Hill Giant

Send a message via ICQ to Kjan Send a message via AIM to Kjan

I want to try and find a way to toggle the EQ menu button, may be useful for new ppl to find their way around but I know I won't use it.

Anyone know of a way yet to lose the button?
Old 09-09-2005, 09:49 PM   #25
Drumstix42
A Snow Griffin

Server:
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Quote:
2) How are the key mappings now handled? When pressing 1 through 0 is only one of the hot button windows active? Any info on user usage would be great.

I'm going to guess it will be sort of like EQ2, where your Hotbutton Window 1 will use 1 through 0 (or if it's 12 I have no clue), and then for example Window 2 would use Alt1 through Alt0, and the others could use Shift and Ctrl. Just throwing it out there as a possible thing, as I'm not really sure
Drumstix42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 11:45 PM   #26
Kavrvnwlf
A Wooly Rhino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42
I'm going to guess it will be sort of like EQ2, where your Hotbutton Window 1 will use 1 through 0 (or if it's 12 I have no clue), and then for example Window 2 would use Alt1 through Alt0, and the others could use Shift and Ctrl. Just throwing it out there as a possible thing, as I'm not really sure

current setup is alreay set up like this... 1 - 0 is hotkeys, Shifts 1 - 0 is changing which set of hotkeys, Alt 1 - 0 is spell casting, Ctrl 1 - 0 is combat hotkeys so I am unsure of how they will change the keymap setup.
Kavrvnwlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 01:42 AM   #27
rjengel
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Fennin Ro
Send a message via Yahoo to rjengel

There is a good posibilty that they may remap the keys to something like ctrl+shift+ 1-0 you never know. I think that is a problem they had with the 12 hotkey set up, and that very rightly could be the reason we don't see the 12 hotkeys. Just my 2cp.
rjengel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 02:16 AM   #28
Drumstix42
A Snow Griffin

Server:
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavrvnwlf
current setup is alreay set up like this... 1 - 0 is hotkeys, Shifts 1 - 0 is changing which set of hotkeys, Alt 1 - 0 is spell casting, Ctrl 1 - 0 is combat hotkeys so I am unsure of how they will change the keymap setup.

Yeah, but that's just current default controls, The use of the numbpad is also possible. But in mycase I use the numpad as default, so we will see.
Drumstix42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 03:25 AM   #29
Ancaglon
A Fire Beetle

Well, I don't see 12 slots on the Hot Keys boxes (there are indeed 4 available) so it shouldn't break too many things. What will be MOST useful about these extra hot-boxes is that they can be hidden yet bound to keypresses.

For example, as a Monk, ever since I got my Epic 1.0 over 2 years ago, I have had the '1' key bound to hotbutton 1 and hotbutton 10 -- with a Flying Kick button in slot 1 and and my gloves slot in hotbutton 10. This way, every time I used Flying Kick, I would also trigger the Epic effect (a 9-second haste ). The downside was that in all 10 hotkey sets on ALL my characters, I could only use 9 buttons unless I -wanted- buttons 1 and 10 to be used together. This will easily allow me to work around that, by using say button 10 on hotbar 4 instead of on hotbar 1.

It will also make it trivial to assign particular key combinations to particular inventory slots - eg I could bind shift-ctrl-S to hotkey 2 on hotbar 4, and put a clicky inventory slot item in that - the hot bar doesn't need to be visible for it to be used.
Ancaglon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 10:27 AM   #30
Egras
A Lost Soul

The real issue for me is the fact I use SiDL WiDL to edit things graphically and the inventory file wont even open in it. Sony has done something I cannot find or figure out. My brain might be fried from all the changes I have had to make so far, but any help would be great.

My UI is too big for this site to show all the changes, so it has its own fully functional website: Egras UI 6.0

Adding the tabs may be easy, but moving everything around to make it graphically fix my UI will be a chore without a way to view changes as I make them.

Found the answer.

Last edited by Egras : 09-18-2005 at 10:55 AM.
Egras is offline   Reply With Quote