User Name
Password

Old 10-27-2005, 06:33 PM   #31
thailo
A Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeRog05
Cool. it works for me.

btw, anyone using EQW? it's no longer working for me.. I can stop using EQW, but anyone knows how to by pass file check when launching EQ pls? I hate File check everytime I clicked on EQ...

[everquest directory]\eqgame.exe patchme

I used to use eqw but I don't find a need for it anymore but I haven't tried duel boxing yet.
thailo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 06:36 PM   #32
Razorvine
A Hill Giant

Server: Tunare
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

When you rename the window you do not have to have the _old in the new name if you don't want it there. Well, at least i didn't. I used this method and it worked like a charm. I also went through the custom UI i use and selected certain parts i wanted and stuck them in a new folder and am able to use it just fine. Perhaps it's because i don't change everything at once though. Instead of changing the whole UI, i just have certain parts modded, like the group windowm and player stats window and buff bar, etc etc etc ....

So it may not work for you, but i can say that this method works just fine.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:40 PM   #33
mareeuh
A Shissar Disciple

Quote:
The one thing I would add... It seems that you can't just rename your new file anything, it seems that you need the _old suffix for your UI to be recognized. Other than that your fix worked. Thanks much for the help.

I renamed mine after I copied it and it doesn't have old in it. It's just my character name and two numbers all in a row no special characters. Worked on Tablets with no errors.

Mareeuh
mareeuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 06:55 PM   #34
Fett2oo5
A Fire Beetle

Server: Brell Serilis

^ Same here..... after I created the file as said in the begining of thread I loaded it to see if it worked then renamed it..reloaded it to test it and bam, it worked.

I got a question tho.... the UI I use implements Default_old as a base, I simply downloaded pieces, and pasted them into a new folder which contained default_old files.

How can I do this same process with the new default?

IE: I would like to use all my downloaded ui files (spellbar, group window, player window etc.) AND the new mouse and new inventory. Any ideas?

I tried copying default into new folder then copying CustomUI into that same new folder, overwriting as they went in but it didnt work.
Fett2oo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 07:00 PM   #35
Rosstopher
A Ghoul

New mouse will work with the old UI's. Just copy the .cur files from the new "default" folder into your current UI folder.
Rosstopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 07:01 PM   #36
Rosstopher
A Ghoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by mareeuh
I renamed mine after I copied it and it doesn't have old in it. It's just my character name and two numbers all in a row no special characters. Worked on Tablets with no errors.

Mareeuh

Updated the first post to reflect this. Most likely the original problem was due to spaces in the folder name.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:11 PM   #37
Guhmee Bear
A Ghoul

Quote:
Same, SARS won't work with this method

maybe for you..but i have zero errors with the latest sars ui when using this fix
Guhmee Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 07:19 PM   #38
Griglon1
A Ghoul

I did all above things listed and still can't get the mouse to move out of the top left corner when I go to full screen mode. It works fine in window mode, just not in full screen. Any suggestions?

BTW, I am using SARS also.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:31 PM   #39
Orche Stra
A Gray Wolf

Do you have a link to the latest SARS update that I might try? been gimping myself along with self patches for a while.
Orche Stra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 07:43 PM   #40
Griglon1
A Ghoul

If I remember right I got mine from this site. Someone took over updates for it and made it current again. I can't remember who did it though.
Griglon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 07:52 PM   #41
Kaliaila
A Wooly Rhino

Server: Tunare
Send a message via ICQ to Kaliaila Send a message via AIM to Kaliaila Send a message via Yahoo to Kaliaila

Also, with this method your UI WILL be broken everytime they patch the UI.
Ascendant Apostle of the Celestial Fists
Kaliaila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 10:42 PM   #42
Rosstopher
A Ghoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaliaila
Also, with this method your UI WILL be broken everytime they patch the UI.

How so? Only if the default_old is updated. I'm guessing it will no longer be updated. If it is, just repeat the original process.

Last edited by Rosstopher : 10-28-2005 at 12:25 AM.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:52 PM   #43
Serianna
~The Semi Retired~

Server: Nameless, Formerly of Fennin Ro.

am having troubble with the DeltaX mod, not all of it was from the author, Im no programmer but I did a few changes myself when DoN and DoD were released, I cant get this fix to work, have also tried just adding the pieces I am addicted to, to the new Default ui sony put in place, but no go. just thought I would let everyone know Delta wasnt working with this fix either, although I think Im probobly the only one that uses this still lol

Seri~

** Edit **
ok got delta to work, not exactly sure how but it does now lol (yeah big help I am) but still have 1 problem, on my laptop (which is my main computer, sad aye I know) right clicking on the spell bar (the one you cast from) does nothing (used to, and still does on all my other boxes bring up your spell lists, catagory, sub catagory, then spell name) then left clicking on the name would mem it, I also can no longer (again on laptop) mem my spell sets by clicking on the button next to mana totals at bottem (if your familiar with delta you know which I mean) here is the link to the one I modified, any ideas on how to fix the right click problems? copying and pasting old .cur, and new .cur doesnt change even the look, still just looks like boring old windows curser :/

sorry for the long windedness
thank you in advanced.
Seri~

"Oh my... someone help me, Ive got a main and 5 boxes to feed!"

Last edited by Serianna : 10-28-2005 at 12:21 AM.
Serianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 01:16 AM   #44
BUglys
A Bat

Worked for me with SARS np, just copied all my sars files into a copy of default_old and loaded it right up. Sweet as a nut. =))
BUglys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 02:55 AM   #45
Layla SOV
A Fire Beetle

I used the method the OP listed, except I renamed the folder to something without the _old in it. lodi-dodi230 I believe. I choose the new folder in the option window in game and it works fine. Thanks for posting this Rosstopher!

Thanks for the advice on the cursor too, I'll be trying that next.
Layla SOV is offline   Reply With Quote