Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > General UI Talk
User Name
Password

Old 09-25-2007, 07:07 AM   #16
Dark_Shogun007
A Bat

Default Ack

this thread I guess is kinda old, i finally got around to looking for some kinda mods for my G15 for EQ1 and cant find anything :[

something like, my hp, stats, even buff timers or weight, just stuff like that would be great :P anybody know of any like this?
Dark_Shogun007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 11:53 AM   #17
Taishen
Mistress of Pain

Server: Prexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Shogun007
this thread I guess is kinda old, i finally got around to looking for some kinda mods for my G15 for EQ1 and cant find anything :[

something like, my hp, stats, even buff timers or weight, just stuff like that would be great :P anybody know of any like this?

Unfortunately, EQ doesn't support the GamePanel technology so you're not going to see your stats on the LCD From what I understand there are only a handful of games out that support the technology.... I know WoW supports it because the character stats pop right on the LCD as soon as you're logged in (no mods needed). It's actually pretty darn neat and I'm unclear as to why Sony would not support the GamePanel technology.

The keyboard does have a configurable timer on it tho, but I would think it would be used more for checking those long respawns or even to make sure your pizza doesn't burn rofl.

/hugs her G15

Mistress of Pain

Last edited by Taishen : 09-25-2007 at 12:16 PM. Reason: additional info
Taishen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 01:57 PM   #18
Getti Lee
An Icepaw Kobold

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taishen
Unfortunately, EQ doesn't support the GamePanel technology so you're not going to see your stats on the LCD From what I understand there are only a handful of games out that support the technology.... I know WoW supports it because the character stats pop right on the LCD as soon as you're logged in (no mods needed). It's actually pretty darn neat and I'm unclear as to why Sony would not support the GamePanel technology.

The keyboard does have a configurable timer on it tho, but I would think it would be used more for checking those long respawns or even to make sure your pizza doesn't burn rofl.

/hugs her G15

eq is a dinosaur, i highly doubt it will ever support anything along these lines sadly heck, i still get mad that i can't use the num pad to type in numbers for bazaar prices and such with my microsoft natural elite keyboard

the g15 seems nice just for the macros alone. one thing came to mind was tradeskills! but as far as i know eq doesn't have any way to hotkey the combine button? either way its probably against the eula

that optimus keyboard certainly is neat, but $1000+ neat? i think not! i wonder how that keyboard would stand up to spills of soda and such. not to mention the life of a organic led. very spiffy keyboard none the less, i hope they let the owner make their own custom keys instead of buying key sets (for games and such) otherwise that is a SOE product in disquise!
Getti Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 03:48 PM   #19
Sadenaig
A Hill Giant

I've had a G15 for a few years now and other than the built in timer and stopwatch, I really cannot see much reason to use the LCD in EQ. Most of the stats that it would track are either so vital that you want them on the screen or trivial enough to put them in a window that you can open or close as needed. About the only thing I could see that might be of use, would be to have it track your DPS using a log parser.
Sadenaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 05:30 PM   #20
Serianna
~The Semi Retired~

Server: Nameless, Formerly of Fennin Ro.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

yeah, a log parser that was displayed there would be nice, not sure if that would be against the EULA or not though, I hate having to keep it open in the background then go windowed after a kill to see it :/

ah well

Seri~

"Oh my... someone help me, Ive got a main and 5 boxes to feed!"

Serianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 06:37 PM   #21
Taishen
Mistress of Pain

Server: Prexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getti Lee
eq is a dinosaur, i highly doubt it will ever support anything along these lines sadly heck, i still get mad that i can't use the num pad to type in numbers for bazaar prices and such with my microsoft natural elite keyboard

You're right, they more than likely will never support it Oh I know! IMHO, Sony has no right to screw around with my keyboard making it to where I cannot use certain functions. If you think about it, it's retarded because the arrow keys are what, an inch or less away lol. Since I use the G15, I have my arrow keys reset to the left side of my keyboard (now I'm not so scrunched up and can use the mouse and my left-side arrow keys for movement. Much much more comfortable and my shoulders don't hurt after a raid).

Quote:
that optimus keyboard certainly is neat, but $1000+ neat? i think not! i wonder how that keyboard would stand up to spills of soda and such. not to mention the life of a organic led. very spiffy keyboard none the less, i hope they let the owner make their own custom keys instead of buying key sets (for games and such) otherwise that is a SOE product in disquise!

I read the FAQ on that keyboard, and there is no way in hell I would pay what they're asking. It is no more sturdy than any other keyboard from what I can tell. You can do a lot with it but still.... for that price it better cook my meals on raid nights and then cyber me after lol.

I'll stick with my G15 and happily spend the cash to buy another when it wares out hehe.
Taishen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 06:38 PM   #22
Sadenaig
A Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serianna
yeah, a log parser that was displayed there would be nice, not sure if that would be against the EULA or not though, I hate having to keep it open in the background then go windowed after a kill to see it :/

ah well

Seri~

I'm not sure if a log parser would be against the EULA either. I do not think it would be since it is just reading an output file that SOE put in place and is not making any changes to the game or pulling information from the data stream
Old 09-25-2007, 08:34 PM   #23
Barzec
Premium Member

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I would agree with Sadenaig. Parsing a log file is not against the EULA. I've been in some situations where the fight DPS was announced shortly after a kill, so I see no reason it couldn't be displayed on the LCD, but that would be done by the parse program and not EQ. Seriously doubt that would ever happen on the EQ side.

On the fly DSP displays should be possible if the parse program can do it...
Barzec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 02:19 AM   #24
Getti Lee
An Icepaw Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadenaig
I'm not sure if a log parser would be against the EULA either. I do not think it would be since it is just reading an output file that SOE put in place and is not making any changes to the game or pulling information from the data stream

not gonna happen whether its aganist the rules or not. theres 1 keyboard that has this lcd display, and as i stated earlier...eq doesn't even provide numpad support for ALL keyboards lol.

wishfull thinking never hurt anyone tho
Getti Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 09:21 AM   #25
Sadenaig
A Hill Giant

Quote:
not gonna happen whether its aganist the rules or not. theres 1 keyboard that has this lcd display, and as i stated earlier...eq doesn't even provide numpad support for ALL keyboards lol.

wishfull thinking never hurt anyone tho

No where in my post did I state that it was likely to happen. In fact, if you will read my earlier posts I stated that for the most part the G15 LCD display is pointless for EQ. Seri brought up that she wasn't sure that a log parser in this context would be against the EULA or not.

As for wishful thinking, it may not be as wishful thinking for G15 support to be in the pipeline as this link indicates. If SOE is bringing support to EQ2, it is not completely off base to think that it may be coming to EQ. Honestly, I don't care, because the data I would like to see will probably never come from within EQ, but from a log parser which someone other than SOE would have to code and import the data to the G15.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:23 AM   #26
TravlingMan
Premium Member

Default Stalker!

Ok Taishen, you have MY UI and MY keyboard, you stalking ME now??? LOL.. I love MY G-15 and like you I moved my arrow keys to left side, plus my spell casting and targeting keys. I added raid and group lists also so MY right hand uses the mouse and typing badly!
HUGS....

TravlingMan
75 seasons of chasing DE's around!
TravlingMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 09:58 AM   #27
Sadenaig
A Hill Giant

Default What do you use your G15 for in EQ.

So what do you use your G15 keyboard for in EQ? I have read that people have mapped their arrow keys to the G keys which I like the idea and may try at some point, but I may stay with my current set up using WASD like in first person shooters as that is what I’m used to.

What I use mine for.

M1 is set up with spells and a few hot buttons. I know that alt keys work for it, but I am working on setting up another set in M2 with a sequence for different situations. For example, M1 is set sup with G1 heal, G2 assist, G3 bid DS, G4 through G9 dot, G10 nuke, G11 autoinventory for when EQ doesn’t do it from when I have my direction keys mapped to it, G12 macro to summon horse. G13 through G18 aren’t used much but I may try mapping direction keys to them to free up the keyboard for typing.

I am working on a similar configuration for M2 for when I kite.

M3 I have set up for my tradeskilling/inventory and for quests. The three tradeskill macros literally reversed the Carpal Tunnel Syndrome I was getting from doing tradeskills in general and alchemy specifically by eliminating several hundred mouse clicks a day. (Bag of potions = 60 clicks to buy components + 200 clicks to combine + up to 200 clicks to inventory = potential of 460 clicks) I was making 4 bags of potions of a day so this eliminated at least 1500 clicks per day.
Tradeskills -
1. I have set up a macro to do a mouse-click then autoinventory. So it clicks on the combine button and then drops it into inventory for me. I have mine set up to repeat until I tell it to stop and will use it while I am reading at my desk. (SOE has stated repeatedly that using macros like this are ok if you are not afk.)
2. Have macro set up to shift-click so long as the button is depressed. Helps out when buying large numbers of components from vendors.
3. Something similar to Macro in #1 but only works so long as key is depressed and has no delays in it so that I can move items from the bank to a character or around within a character much easier.
Quests –
Had to spam keys for druid 1.5. I set up keys to do this for me so that I wouldn’t have to keep doing it.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:42 AM   #28
Axelroth
A Bat

Default I would like a Game Time Clock

For my G15, I would like a Game Time clock. Ever sat around waiting for a mob that pops at a certain time of day and have to keep checking /time. Ever been in a dungeon or on Luclin and had to go to another zone at a certain time.
Axelroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 03:58 PM   #29
Milkna
A Bat

I must say that the G15 keyboard is nice, even w/o the added functionality of the LCD panel. Some helpful things to program the macro keys for are: switching out bandoleer sets, strafing, spells and combat disciplines, assist macros, /loc, /loot, /hidecorpse <type preference>, etc. I don't believe programming the macro keys for any of these things to be a violation of the EULA, since you're just changing how you issue those commands with your keyboard. It's easier for some people to hit one button, as opposed to 2+ at a time.

The thing to look at though is the old G15 has 3 banks of 15 macro keys for a total of 54 possible macros. The new G15 has 3 banks of 6 macro keys for a total of 18. That's quite a difference, but the new G15 does have a smaller footprint on your desk. One other very nice feature about the G15 is it's integration with Ventrilo using the LCD panel.
Milkna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:55 PM   #30
Milo_Morai
A Gray Wolf

Ok I know this is an older thread, but I just updated my keyboard and got a G15 and was wondering if anyone could toss me some info on how to go about setting up the G keys to work macro keys in EQ?

Like setting up G keys for /loot /hidecorpse, open spellbook and if possible how to load spell sets with one Gkey stroke.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Milo_Morai is offline   Reply With Quote