Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Compares & Patch fixes
User Name
Password

Old 09-06-2007, 12:02 AM   #31
Kaliaila
A Wooly Rhino

Server: Tunare
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to Kaliaila Send a message via AIM to Kaliaila Send a message via Yahoo to Kaliaila

Yeah this is effecting a lot of other windows too. I've got like 7 or so that it has screwed up, what's funny is that it made some of them too big. Though it did result in me finding an extra secondary weapon slot waaaaaaaaaaaaay out of the way on my hotbox window for some weird reason.

**Though all the windows EXCEPT the 2 Buff windows fixed themselves when I removed all the Width/Height assignments (except for the chat windows that is) from the UI ini file. As with the chat windows if there are any other windows which you have personally adjusted the size that will be undone by changeing those. So if you know which windows are messed up you may just want to remove their Width/Height assignments and not the ones for windows that are currently working.
Ascendant Apostle of the Celestial Fists

Last edited by Kaliaila : 09-06-2007 at 12:36 AM.
Kaliaila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 01:13 AM   #32
Inokis
Pale Scrawny Guy

Server: Bristlebane // Erollisi Marr
Send a message via Yahoo to Inokis

They also added some anti offscreen code for UI elements. Window positions can't have a negative value, and the screen edge has a buffer of about 4 px. This is making it impossible to flush UI elements to the edge of the screen unless you oversize the EQ window and offset the edge of the EQ screen by a negative amount.

I had to make my UI Windowed Width 1284 on a 1280 desktop res.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:21 AM   #33
fgoldsmith
A Ghoul

Default Ack Bank Window

well I use the aya ui for my mains here is a new one the supid bank window doesnt work n mattr what I do it still has half of i hidden I've even dumped the info from the ini fie and et it load and nada
fgoldsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 03:56 AM   #34
Getti Lee
An Icepaw Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inokis
They also added some anti offscreen code for UI elements. Window positions can't have a negative value, and the screen edge has a buffer of about 4 px. This is making it impossible to flush UI elements to the edge of the screen unless you oversize the EQ window and offset the edge of the EQ screen by a negative amount.

I had to make my UI Windowed Width 1284 on a 1280 desktop res.

yeah this is the most annoying thing i think for folks. the buff window and loot window are set backs, but the anti offscreen issue is going to last (unless they wise up and remove it, god willing.)

updated status from eqforums:

Getti Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 06:17 AM   #35
theriov
A Snow Cougar

The simplist fix:
A) make sure you're NOT on the toon you're trying to fix.
B) Open up UI_<character>_<server>.ini
C) Find all static references to Height= and Width= and delete them.
Code:
Width=1035 Height=84 Width800x600=1035 Height800x600=84 Width1024x768=116 Height1024x768=531 Width1280x1024=1035 Height1280x1024=84 Width1440x900=1035 Height1440x900=84

Note these are examples only. the values listed for those height/width will vary.

You WILL have to go back and resize your chat windows (or just dont delete these entries under [ChatWindow]

that said there's an emergency patch today that I imagine will fix this ANYWAY.

Cleric_01:"Do you know where you're going?"
Vekaras:"Trust me. Ranger is good, Ranger is wise."
Warrior_01:"...Ranger is down."
theriov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 06:44 AM   #36
sunekh
A Fire Beetle

Fix ain't gonna be for UI's with the emergency patch =/
Here is what’s going into Thursday morning’s Hotfix:

There were a few technical issues that we addressed today that require a server update and some downtime. We are sure for those affected they will welcome the fixes and for everyone else, thank you for your understanding.

Legends of Norrath crash related to the 8000 series NVidia cards
- This has been addressed and now the crash and gameplay problems should be addressed and working as intended.

Legends of Norrath Global Loot Drop
- The loot drop percentage has been fixed and now you will be able to obtain LoN loot from NPC's in game.

Custom UI's being scrambled when tabbed out to other windows
- We are aware of the problems players are having with custom UI’s and we are looking into the issue. In the meantime on of our developers has started a post called UI Problems and Workarounds and it is sticky’d on the forums. Please refer to that post while we do some work on our end.

New human NPCs loading into global memory
- This has been addressed and the standard Human models have replaced the models from the Test server.

Weapons with procs not working correctly
- This has been addressed and the weapons that were affected are now working as intended.
sunekh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:27 AM   #37
legarom
A Gray Wolf

Default Vert window sizes?

I've been trying to get the window size right, but I don't see what it should be in the xml for buff window / short buff window. I tried the trick to delete the whole sections and that didn't work either in my case. Guessing has resulted in some odd results so far.

Anyone know the sizes for Vert interface? (These are vertical buff windows that have a small icon and the buff name next to them.)
legarom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:44 AM   #38
theriov
A Snow Cougar

you CANNOT be logged into the character while you make these changes.

The UI_Character_server.ini file is stored in memory. If you load a new one, its saves over the old INI file FIRST before loading again (even if you modifed the INI file, your changes will be lost).

Log totally out of EQ, make your changes, and try again.
theriov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 12:09 PM   #39
legarom
A Gray Wolf

Default best guess Vert buff window

After starting really big and making it smaller and smaller....I put in width=175 height=590 the last try and that "works" the window is just slightly longer on the bottom, but I don't have much more patience to fine tune it.

175 seems good for width on short term buff as well.
Height=360 seems good for short term buff window.

Last edited by legarom : 09-06-2007 at 12:29 PM.
legarom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 01:51 PM   #40
dchriest
A Gray Wolf

Moving the windows around in the default UI worked for me. Was fine when I loaded up Vert.
Primordial Fury Guild
[email protected]
dchriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 05:03 PM   #41
kaduren
A Gray Wolf

Default AYA UI still bad, BAD!

Well, my new process doesn't work:

After switching to the default UI I
1. redownloaded and reloaded AYA.
2. moved all the windows to their correct locations within EQ.

I still have the buff window errors. I tried removing stuff under the [BuffWindow] section and relogging my character only to see it still messed up in the 1280x1024 mode. I don't try other modes since it's kinda optimized for this one.

Does anyone have a good reference for [BuffWindow] with the AYA UI?

Thx

Here's what mine looks like:
[BuffWindow]
Width=104
Height=395
Width1280x1024=104
Height1280x1024=395
XPos1280x1024=22
YPos1280x1024=275
XPos1280x960=1173
YPos1280x960=558
BGTint.red=255
BGTint.green=255
BGTint.blue=255
Fades=true
Delay=0
Duration=500
Alpha=255
FadeToAlpha=255
Locked=false
Show=1
BGType=1
INIVersion=1
Minimized1600x1200=0
RestoreXPos1600x1200=0
RestoreYPos1600x1200=0
RestoreWidth1600x1200=0
RestoreHeight1600x1200=0

Last edited by kaduren : 09-06-2007 at 05:17 PM.
kaduren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:46 PM   #42
ravx25
A Gray Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by legarom
After starting really big and making it smaller and smaller....I put in width=175 height=590 the last try and that "works" the window is just slightly longer on the bottom, but I don't have much more patience to fine tune it.

175 seems good for width on short term buff as well.
Height=360 seems good for short term buff window.

Thanks man, you saved my ass bro! It worked like a charm on all 6 of my accounts! /bow
ravx25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 01:14 AM   #43
bikemans
A Treant

Server: eci

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravx25
Thanks man, you saved my ass bro! It worked like a charm on all 6 of my accounts! /bow

That worked for me to, for a few hours, then suddenly after zoning I was in default UI and couldnt even load my custom... Same on all accounts and computers...

Xada Pinacolada
Yxan Ibyxan
bikemans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 10:35 AM   #44
kienl
A Bat

Default Possible Fix?

Is it possible to take the values out of the toonname_servername.ini for the height and width of the window you're trying to fix (assuming you've resized it to what you want) and paste them into your xml file under the Screen settings (typically at the bottom of the file)?
kienl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 10:45 AM   #45
stevenklug
A Gray Wolf

Greetings everyone, I'm the EQ coder that's working on these issues. I'd like to ask for some good test cases for the changes I've made that should fix these problems. So if any of you have a particular skin that is breaking with the current live EQ code, could you post the name of the skin, or even better a link to where I can download it from. Also, if you have UI_name_server.ini files that use that skin that are coming up broken, that would give me solid proof the fixes are correct if the UI comes up correctly. So in summary:

A broken skin
UI_name_server.ini with broken settings for that skin
The resolution you used to run your windowed mode
The resolution of your desktop
(optional) A screenshot of what the UI should look like

I'd really like to make sure the custom UIs are working at least as well as they were before. While we don't officially support custom UI's, we don't go out of our way to breaking them.

Steven S. Klug
Everquest Senior Programmer
stevenklug is offline   Reply With Quote