User Name
Password

Old 08-25-2008, 10:14 AM   #31
Darkmourn
A Tundra Mammoth

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanik
I know this might be a bit of a reach..but any chance you could make a version compatible with Beta? Testing with default is a whole lot of "MEH" but i understand if you can't. Figured I would give it a shot.
I'd love to, but I'm not in beta yet, so not much I can do about it. And if I was, there is no guarantee they won't change it around tomorrow, so I probably wouldn't be releasing anything here until right before the expansion comes out.

Trust me, I know how lame it is to have to use default; I've done it for the last several betas. I hate it, but there isn't a lot that can be done until they get everything settled. And let me in.
Darkmourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 12:00 PM   #32
Stanik
A Gray Wolf

No problem, just figured I would ask. And believe me I understand. I swear they can't make up their minds what they want the UI to be.

Bloody leave it alone and let us make it into what we want and make new crap OFF by default and everyone would be alot happier I say.
Stanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 05:38 PM   #33
HiggbothMT
A Fire Beetle

Server: Luclin

Patch hosed this for me its defaulting to sony ui. I have tried several things but its doa for me
HiggbothMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 05:50 PM   #34
Icecoldd
A Gray Wolf

Server: Saryrn

Hosed for me too... Hope you find time to fix sony's screw up
Thx

Icecoldd
Nealathok
It's better to sleep at work then to waste a perfectly good night (playing EQ)
Icecoldd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 08:21 AM   #35
Stanik
A Gray Wolf

Yea the Beta ui changes just went live and completely borked custom ui's.

Thanks Soe, just what we always wanted..a worthless ingame voice chat with a crappy codec that sounds horrible. Vent > ingame worthlessness once again.

Well on the bright side, at least we will get a ui update now that I can use in beta as well. Woohoo

Btw Dark there are several key changes here.
Can see group mana/end in addition
Voice features
and a slew of little clickies that are associated with it.

If possible could you do 2 versions of the windows, with the 1 option being how it is now? I know some players like myself really don't want to see the extra clutter of all that extra stuff. I honestly could care less what my group mates mana/end looks like.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:58 AM   #36
kaltorakbrd
A Fire Beetle

Server: vaz
Default FIX meh

please fix this UI ASAP im too stupid to figure it out myself and i cant stand any other UI.
kaltorakbrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 03:43 PM   #37
Darkmourn
A Tundra Mammoth

I'm working on fixing it, but I'm still at work today so it won't be until at least tonight that anything gets fixed, sorry.

As far as doing two different versions, I really won't know until I figure out how it all works. I didn't have time to dig into it much last night after work, so once I figure out everything that is involved I'll be able to tell. If it is something hard-coded like the buff timers, there is nothing I can do to remove them, sorry. If it has a UI element, I can remove it though. So we'll just have to see.

EDIT: Just looking at the changes briefly, I'm not seeing any UI elements for group mana/end, so I'm thinking it probably can't be removed. I could be wrong because I can't actually log in and check anything from work, but my first guess is you're stuck with it. Sorry.

Last edited by Darkmourn : 09-05-2008 at 03:54 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:07 PM   #38
Stanik
A Gray Wolf

Group mana/end isn't on live yet sorry It was only voice that got pushed through.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:38 PM   #39
Darkmourn
A Tundra Mammoth

Updated 9-5-08: Voice chat features included.

Please note that the 1680 version has the volume icons to the right of the player health bars, while the 1280 version has the icons inside the actual health bar. This is purely due to space considerations. The player's own volume is located to the right of the compass window on both.

I may seek a better solution after the new expansion is released, but until then I'm not making any major changes because I don't know how the ability to see other player's mana/endurance will affect that window.

Added files for both 1680 and 1280 for use in Copy Layout.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:31 AM   #40
kaltorakbrd
A Fire Beetle

Server: vaz
Default thanks

thank you!
kaltorakbrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 01:40 AM   #41
wraetthu
A Ghoul

Thumbs up Thanks Dark

Thanks Dark for keeping this UI alive and kicking. I've used versions of Delta for years and after coming back to EQ in June you kept me sane.

The recent patch tormented me again, but you've returned my semi-sanity... of course, I'd adjusted the clickies in my old version to suite me and lost my notes on the inventory slot coding... go figure...

Thanks again.
wraetthu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 04:40 AM   #42
aclylosprada
A Bat

Server: tholuxe paells

thanks, AGAIN for keeping this UI alive. <3 !
aclylosprada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 01:43 PM   #43
Darkmourn
A Tundra Mammoth

Glad you guys are still enjoying the UI, and as long as I'm still playing here and there I'll be maintaining it. I don't log in every day so I might miss a patch for a day or two, but just bring it to my attention and I'll get to work on it.

As for the clickies, sorry that happens but I'm sure you understand. What I do for my other characters that have different clicky slots, is copy the "clicky" section of the UI file over into Wordpad, and then save it in the "UIFiles" folder so that even if I delete an old subfolder it is always there. Then, when I update Durty Delt for a particular patch, I just open up the appropriate files and replace that section for different characters. Obviously it is easier for me because I know if I changed those files at all in the fix, but I'll try to remember to make a point of saying so whenever I do, ok? If I don't say I changed them, you should just be able to cut out my clicky section and paste your own in each time, saving everyone a lot of hassle I'm sure.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:01 AM   #44
Icecoldd
A Gray Wolf

Server: Saryrn
Default Default Icons

First off, this is Icecoldd's wife. My husband LOVES this UI. He has been trying to get me out of the default UI for years. I loaded this one and like it very much, but REALLY miss my default spell icons. I tried loading the default into this UI, but couldn't get it to work. Could you plz tell me how to make the default spell icons work with this UI and you will have a new loyal user of your UI! lol

Thanks! =)
Icecoldd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 01:12 PM   #45
Darkmourn
A Tundra Mammoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecoldd
First off, this is Icecoldd's wife. My husband LOVES this UI. He has been trying to get me out of the default UI for years. I loaded this one and like it very much, but REALLY miss my default spell icons. I tried loading the default into this UI, but couldn't get it to work. Could you plz tell me how to make the default spell icons work with this UI and you will have a new loyal user of your UI! lol

Thanks! =)
I do use the default spell icons, so I guess I'm a little confused. Perhaps your husband uses a custom set? The only difference between mine and the default is that they are in the .dds format, otherwise they are exactly the same.

Unless you are maybe talking about the OLD icons from years ago? If that is the case, what you need to do is simply take whatever spell graphic files you want to use and convert them to .dds format (default EQ ones should be in .tga I believe). There are several free programs on the internet that will do that. Make sure they line up pixel for pixel with the default (they should already, but just make sure), and then just copy them over to your custom UI folder and it should work fine.