Password

Old 08-12-2009, 04:25 PM   #16
danille
Feeling Elemental?

Server: Bristlebane
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamguren
Totally agree been using this UI for years and just cant find another that feels as good.

however lately I have been having problems with EQ crashing in certain zones (namely Misty, N&W Karana and Lobby), which on investigation seems to be down to Aya UI, i.e doesnt crash when using standard UI or Vert, but if i reload AYA it crashes yet again in these zones. (note only happend twice in lobby)

useually get a message about "unable to read instruction at address @@@@@@" or somethign along those lines.

After repeated use your .ini files become corrupt. Start by using the EQUI_YOURNAME_YOURSERVER.ini file that comes with the AYAUI download. Rename it and stick it in your EQ folder (not the AYAUI folder) If that doesn;t solve the problem, then rename your client.ini files and repatch. (The ones that contain the hotkey and spell book information) those get corrupted as well after time and can cause you to crash.

Of course that means that you will have to remake your hotkeys and spell books but it makes the crashing stop. A good way to see if this is the problem is to open the files as txt and see if there are blank spaces in the file. This is an indicator of corruption.

Danille Impholder
The Magician's Tower
Bristlebane ~ Sol Invictus
Keep Norrath Safe
Caretaker of AYA
danille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:15 PM   #17
scobo
A Gray Wolf

Default Buff Box

I just tried this UI for the first time and I am very impressed with it. One question - my buffs are showing up weird (some have icon but no text, some text but no icon, many seem to be overlaying the actual buff for another spell). Is this a known issue or am I doing something wrong?
scobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 07:12 PM   #18
danille
Feeling Elemental?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scobo
I just tried this UI for the first time and I am very impressed with it. One question - my buffs are showing up weird (some have icon but no text, some text but no icon, many seem to be overlaying the actual buff for another spell). Is this a known issue or am I doing something wrong?

This is a known issue and on the SoE side. They are patching a fix when they have time.
Old 08-22-2009, 05:07 PM   #19
Chantin
A Bat

Default Love this UI

Thank you for picking it up after Kanon stopped on it, great job by you and everyone involved, THANK YOU!!
Chantin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 11:15 AM   #20
Rowenah
A Ghoul

Server: FV
Default viewport issue

I have used this UI for several years now and I use it in 1280x1024 mode due to multi-boxing. I was trying to change the viewport to help with resource usage, but it always goes back to original setup when I log out. Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong? Any help would be awesome.
Rowenah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 12:00 PM   #21
Khanis
A Bat

I get an error message when I try to use this with SoD and then the application reverts to the original skin. Any suggestions on how this can be fixed?
Khanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 04:39 PM   #22
danille
Feeling Elemental?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanis
I get an error message when I try to use this with SoD and then the application reverts to the original skin. Any suggestions on how this can be fixed?

Please clarify what you mean by "when I use this with SoD"
Old 08-26-2009, 03:32 AM   #23
SmileyFAAce_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanis

Sony..Everquest..UIErrors.. please post the UIErrors. That will tell us what broke the UI.

You get an error when you use it with SoD..

Are you like me: )?.. Have one account SoD.. other account, non SoD expansion.. >< Im so behind on the one account.. I 'll wait for the next expansion :P

SmileyFAAce_
Old 08-28-2009, 11:12 AM   #24
Lravenwolf
A Bat

Send a message via AIM to Lravenwolf
Default Having some issues

Hi There! I'm getting an error when I try to use the skin, saying the XML is not compatible with this version of everquest. I also, cannot for the life of me make the stats appear. Whenever I try to re-load the skin, everything goes into the top left corner and I have to manually replace everything so it makes testing and all that a chore. Can you help? Here's a screenshot of what I'm seeing. Sorry for the bad quality - forum doesn't allow anything sizeable in there.

Thanks for your help.
Attached Images
File Type: png ayaerror.png (135.3 KB, 15 views)
Lravenwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 05:29 PM   #25
danille
Feeling Elemental?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lravenwolf
Hi There! I'm getting an error when I try to use the skin, saying the XML is not compatible with this version of everquest. I also, cannot for the life of me make the stats appear. Whenever I try to re-load the skin, everything goes into the top left corner and I have to manually replace everything so it makes testing and all that a chore. Can you help? Here's a screenshot of what I'm seeing. Sorry for the bad quality - forum doesn't allow anything sizeable in there.

Thanks for your help.

Please download: http://www.eqinterface.com/download...oad.php?id=5518

Then unzip the file into your everquest/uifiles folder.

Then open that folder and find the file that says EQUI_YOURNAME_YOUR SERVER

Rename the file replacing YOURNAME_YOURSERVER with your information.

The take that file and stick it in your EVERQUEST folder (not the uifiles folder)

You should be all set after doing that.