Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 12-10-2008, 07:46 PM   #16
Llaffer
A Tundra Mammoth

I thought I did the same thing (using slightly different names) in my UI as you demonstrated in yours, but I crash every time I try to load a character with it.

Can you see what I missed?

Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: xml EQUI_BuffWindow.xml (42.9 KB, 6 views)
Old 12-10-2008, 08:35 PM   #17
dazax
A Ghoul

Some of you are missing the function of the new TileLayout. NO LOCATIONs are needed with the new control. Just need to use the spacing to align things.
dazax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 10:14 PM   #18
Tindos
A Gray Wolf

What does secondary spacing do? It doesn't seem to be moving the text when i use it on my buff labels. Also, is there a way to make the text shift to the left on those? I have mine fixed except that the text is indented from the left side of the window too far. Thanks!
Tindos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 10:48 PM   #19
Kaliaila
A Wooly Rhino

Server: Tunare
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to Kaliaila Send a message via AIM to Kaliaila Send a message via Yahoo to Kaliaila

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazax
Some of you are missing the function of the new TileLayout. NO LOCATIONs are needed with the new control. Just need to use the spacing to align things.

Well considering that changing both the Spacing and Secondary Spacing did not do anything at all for me. But then without any kind of explanation on how it works could be that I didn't change either enough to do it.
Ascendant Apostle of the Celestial Fists
Kaliaila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 02:33 PM   #20
JChan
A Gray Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tindos
What does secondary spacing do?

When using a TileLayoutBox, secondary spacing controls the gaps between the "wrapping row / column". For instance, you have spacing set to 5 and secondary spacing set to 10. You also have AnchorToTop and AnchorToLeft set to true. We'll also set HorizontalFirst to true. Here's a code example of that.

Code:
<TileLayoutBox item="BW_Buttons"> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <AutoStretch>true</AutoStretch> <BottomAnchorToTop>false</BottomAnchorToTop> <RightAnchorToLeft>false</RightAnchorToLeft> <Style_Transparent>true</Style_Transparent> <Spacing>5</Spacing> <SecondarySpacing>10</SecondarySpacing> <HorizontalFirst>true</HorizontalFirst> <AnchorToTop>true</AnchorToTop> <AnchorToLeft>true</AnchorToLeft> <FirstPieceTemplate>true</FirstPieceTemplate> <Pieces>BW_Buff0_Button</Pieces> <Pieces>BW_Buff1_Button</Pieces> ... </TileLayoutBox>

What do these things mean?

Spacing - controls the space between elements in the primary direction
Secondary Spacing - controls the space between elements in the secondary direction
AnchorToTop and AnchorToLeft - controls the corner that the layout will start from
HorizontalFirst - controls if elements will start laying out horizontally or vertically as the primary axis for direction

Back to the original example, AnchorToTop and AnchorToLeft are both true. This means that we will be starting in the top left corner for the first element. With HorizontalFirst set to true, any additional pieces are going to be put on the right of the previous piece with a gap of 5px (5 from Spacing). When the pieces reach the width of the box, they will then "wrap" to the next row with a 10px (10 from SecondarySpacing) gap between the rows.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:59 PM   #21
Uilolas
A Gray Wolf

Server: Project Quarm

So, I'm wondering if you could help me with something Mr. J(ackie)Chan!
I've managed to get everything lined up properly in a buff window I'm fixing for some people but the text isn't showing up on top of the buffs.. it's looking like this:

Any help you can offer me here would be greatly appreciated. I'll attach the file. (Hell, any help ANYONE here can offer me would be great.)
Attached Files
File Type: xml EQUI_BuffWindow.xml (39.0 KB, 2 views)
Uilolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:38 PM   #22
JChan
A Gray Wolf

Try the attached file. You'll probably still need to re-position some elements and take out the <AlignCenter> tags. The biggest issue was the needing to swap the order of the pieces from
Code:
<Pieces>TileLayoutBox:BW_Labels</Pieces> <Pieces>TileLayoutBox:BW_Buttons</Pieces>

to
Code:
<Pieces>TileLayoutBox:BW_Buttons</Pieces> <Pieces>TileLayoutBox:BW_Labels</Pieces>
Attached Files
File Type: xml EQUI_BuffWindow.xml (39.5 KB, 14 views)
JChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:29 PM   #23
Uilolas
A Gray Wolf

Server: Project Quarm

Oh well that's real simple.. surprised I didn't think of it! Thanks alot =)
Uilolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:46 PM   #24
kudladar
A Ghoul

I have a question. I got everything where I want it to be however my text does not seem to be centered vertically on the buff bar like I would like it. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to accomplish this.

I am aware that locations do not matter anymore since I had previous tried changing those.

The left image is the old one and the right is the new. They aren't quite centered and I can't figure out the deal. Any help is greatly appreciated. I have attached a copy of my XML piece also

Attached Files
File Type: xml EQUI_BuffWindow.xml (26.9 KB, 6 views)
kudladar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 01:10 AM   #25
Llaffer
A Tundra Mammoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llaffer
I thought I did the same thing (using slightly different names) in my UI as you demonstrated in yours, but I crash every time I try to load a character with it.

Can you see what I missed?

Thanks.

I got my problem fixed. Thanks
Llaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 06:12 AM   #26
Corean
A Wooly Rhino

Quote:
Originally Posted by kudladar
I have a question. I got everything where I want it to be however my text does not seem to be centered vertically on the buff bar like I would like it. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to accomplish this.

I am aware that locations do not matter anymore since I had previous tried changing those.

Try adding
<TopAnchorOffset>5</TopAnchorOffset>

to<TileLayoutBox item="BW_Labels">
Adjust the number '5' until you get a satisfactory result.
Corean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 07:18 AM   #27
Corean
A Wooly Rhino

Quote:
Originally Posted by JChan
Code:
<TileLayoutBox item="BW_Buttons"> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <AutoStretch>true</AutoStretch> <BottomAnchorToTop>false</BottomAnchorToTop> <RightAnchorToLeft>false</RightAnchorToLeft> <Style_Transparent>true</Style_Transparent> <Spacing>5</Spacing> <SecondarySpacing>10</SecondarySpacing> <HorizontalFirst>true</HorizontalFirst> <AnchorToTop>true</AnchorToTop> <AnchorToLeft>true</AnchorToLeft> <FirstPieceTemplate>true</FirstPieceTemplate> <Pieces>BW_Buff0_Button</Pieces> <Pieces>BW_Buff1_Button</Pieces> ... </TileLayoutBox>

Spacing - controls the space between elements in the primary direction
Secondary Spacing - controls the space between elements in the secondary direction
AnchorToTop and AnchorToLeft - controls the corner that the layout will start from
HorizontalFirst - controls if elements will start laying out horizontally or vertically as the primary axis for direction

Thank you for the explanation. Could you explain why the elements highlighted in red are needed?
Also, I tried using TileLayoutBox in EQUI_TargetWindow in order to align the target buff icons at the bottom of Target Buff Window but was unsuccessful. It appears the alignment of the Target Buff icons are hard-coded to Top.
Corean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 01:03 PM   #28
Lady Kaysha
A Gray Wolf

Server: Vazaelle/Maelin
Send a message via AIM to Lady Kaysha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumnayar-MT
Can use mine if you want

http://www.sendspace.com/file/rarcv6

But, I may just change them to keep the border because I can't figure out how to move them otherwise.

Does anyone know if there's a way to keep the border but make it transparent so you can't see it?

Tumnayar, I was having this same problem and I hated the border. The quickest way I found to fix this (and I still haven't figured out why the code changes did this) was to actually change <StyleTitlebar>False</StyleTitlebar> back to true. It adds the name of the window to the top, but its rather easy to ignore, much more so than the border. Hope that helps some.
Lady Kaysha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 06:10 PM   #29
kudladar
A Ghoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corean
Try adding
<TopAnchorOffset>5</TopAnchorOffset>

to<TileLayoutBox item="BW_Labels">
Adjust the number '5' until you get a satisfactory result.

Worked like a charm! Thank you.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:43 PM   #30
kudladar
A Ghoul

Correction. The alignment worked however I have cannot remove the buffs now by left clicking on them.

I've tried adding <Style_Tooltip>false</Style_Tooltip> to various parts of the XML as suggested on some other posts but it doesn't work