Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Archive
User Name
Password

Old 09-28-2002, 01:26 PM   #16
Aladinsane
A Ghoul

many thanks for the answer arista...

i am already using help window for my eqatlas maps....

but does look great - and thanks again
Old 09-28-2002, 01:49 PM   #17
OjUI
A Snow Griffin

Seems to not work with Vert 2.2 for me. Can this be verified?

Also - when I try to save the xml file I get a 0k help window xml file with nothing in it.

WinXP pro, sp1, IE 6.

thanks
Old 09-28-2002, 02:06 PM   #18
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Works with Vert 2.2

Quote:
Originally posted by OjUI
Seems to not work with Vert 2.2 for me. Can this be verified?

Also - when I try to save the xml file I get a 0k help window xml file with nothing in it.

I just tested the timer with Vert 2.2, and it worked just fine (screenshot attached). In the screenshot, I was using the help window version of the timer.

As for the 0k XML file, maybe you can give it another try? According to my log files, lots of people are generating timer configurations right now. Maybe the server was bogged down and didn't respond?

Edit: I just re-read your post, and it sounds like the XML file was generated (displayed in IE) but then failed to save. Sorry, I originally thought you meant that it wasn't generated at all. Please do try it again as you've mentioned in your next post. Also, it might help to make sure the XML is fully generated and completely downloaded (IE is no longer busy) before attempting to save the file.

Edit again: Based on that error message you just posted, I'm *guessing* that the problem is related to the file not being fully downloaded - since the file is incomplete, the top-level XML node doesn't have an ending tag. Maybe you can try giving it a bit more time to fully download - if it looks like the server stopped responding, sometimes re-submitting the form helps. Good luck.

Last edited by Arista : 09-28-2002 at 02:29 PM.
Old 09-28-2002, 02:10 PM   #19
OjUI
A Snow Griffin

Perhaps me trying to do it across my network is causing the issue?

I'm stumped.

In the middle of NToV now - I'll try it ALL on that machine after the raid and see if it maybe it has something to do with attempting to save the xml file across the network.

Thanks for the fast response!

edit: does this error message help?

"XML document must have a top level element. Error processing resource 'file:///C:/Documents and Settings/wkennedy/Desktop/EQUI_HelpWnd.xml'."

Last edited by OjUI : 09-28-2002 at 02:17 PM.
Old 09-28-2002, 03:06 PM   #20
OjUI
A Snow Griffin

still no luck - not sure why - but even if I attempt to save the IE generated XML file on this machine's desktop as the EQUI_HelpWnd.xml via File/Save as - I get nothing - a 0k document.

However - If I "select all" "copy" from the IE window then "paste as unformatted text" into wordpad I do get the XML code - except there are minus signs next to each of your "remark" areas:

Quote:
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
- <!-- INSTRUCTIONS:
-->
- <!-- 1. Save this XML file as "EQUI_HelpWnd.xml" in your UI mod folder.
-->
- <!-- 3. Make sure "timer.tga" (graphics file) is also saved in the same folder.
-->
- <!-- 4. The timer is now ready for use. Type "/load FOLDERNAME 1" after logging in (substitute FOLDERNAME with your folder name).
-->
- <!-- 5. If you have additional elements to add to this window, insert the appropriate <Pieces> in the <Screen> element near the end of this file, then load the UI.
-->

I can manually edit them out I suppose but there are an awful lot of them. Am I doing something wrong and just being stupid here? Thanks.
Old 09-28-2002, 04:30 PM   #21
OjUI
A Snow Griffin

/boggle - it worked fine on this machine with Vert 2.2 - identical OS, service pack and updates.

sorry to be a bother
Old 09-28-2002, 05:37 PM   #22
Maelaas
A Gray Wolf

Server: Povar
Lightbulb timer

Outstanding job on the timer arista however was wondering if there was anyway not to activate the timers until the spell was actually cast my timers go continuosly lol and I cant reset them which makes spell timing a pain in the butt lol
Old 09-28-2002, 05:48 PM   #23
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Unfortunately, resetting animations requires reloading the UI (/load folder 1), which can take several seconds, depending on your system. This was a major problem for some people and the main reason why people didn't like the digital timer.

The slider timer was introduced to address this issue. Instead of resetting the timer, you simply move the slider to mark the bar instead. Of course, you can still reset the bar if you'd like via /load, but using the slider is preferable as it doesn't require reloading the UI. Also, keep in mind that if you reload the UI, all animations are reset at the same time; you cannot reset each one individually. So using the slider is better because you can set a different position on each slider.

For more information on resetting animations and reloading the UI, please see the Timer FAQ.

An example on how to use the slider:
For instance, let's say I configured a 16-minute bar for timing hastes. When I cast haste on someone, I move the slider so that it points at the current length of the bar. It will take the bar exactly 16 minutes to reach that position again. So as I see the bar approach that position, I'll know when to refresh haste. For shorter duration spells (like low-level mez), you can also just eyeball the length of the bar instead of moving the slider.

Last edited by Arista : 09-28-2002 at 05:59 PM.
Old 09-28-2002, 09:24 PM   #24
haphpint
A Gray Wolf

I don't know what I like more, the timer or that great website! So cool! Thanks
Old 09-28-2002, 10:10 PM   #25
Kevdawg
A Snow Cougar

im a newbie with ui

how do you make XML file hehe
Old 09-29-2002, 02:18 AM   #26
lunakin
A Shissar Defiler

Just go the the website in Arista's .sig, hit configure, choose your options, then hit the generate .xml button. Ta-Da! You just made the xml file! It opens in a new window and tells you how to save it to you UI folder. Then, download the timer grapic zip file, and unzip ito the same ui folder. The directions are also on the website. So easy, So sleek looking, So invaluable for timing anything ya need.

This mod Rocks! Thanks again, Arista

Lunakin
Old 09-29-2002, 03:07 AM   #27
Feynan
A Bat

Arista:

Is it possible to use both the Digital timer and Slider timer at the same time? I downloaded both, the Digital into the pet window and the Slider into the action window, got both .tga files, but when I loaded the UI it would default the UI back to its normal form, disregarding all UI changes I've ever made. If I deleted one of the timers however, then the UI returned to normal, but I only had 1 of the timers.

Is this a known bug, or am I doing something wrong, and do you know of any way to fix it?
Old 09-29-2002, 03:22 AM   #28
Stregar
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Luclin
Send a message via ICQ to Stregar
Default WEWT!

Absolutely KICK ASS!

Can I say that without getting in too much trouble?

Last edited by Stregar : 09-29-2002 at 04:11 AM.
Old 09-29-2002, 08:40 AM   #29
Kiradok
A Treant

Unhappy can't save xml

I love this thing, but I have the same problem getting the xml to save... I get a 0kb file. Cutting and Pasting to the notepad, then saving didn't work either, because it looses all the spaces in front of the code lines. Running Win2k, and IE6, with no download accelerator programs, so I can't figure out what's wrong. I tried to save some other files (pictures and stuff) to see if I had a similar problem on other sites, and they came out fine.

Any ideas?

EDIT: here's the error I get if I try to open the file:

The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XML document must have a top level element. Error processing resource 'file:///C:/Documents and Settings/My Documents/Zip Files/EQ Skins/SoWtimer/EQUI_PetInfoWindow.xml'.

Last edited by Kiradok : 09-29-2002 at 09:06 AM.
Old 09-29-2002, 08:45 AM   #30
Rammstein
A Bat

Very Nice! I still wish there could be true stopwatch-like timers
but at the moment this is the next best thing. Made a 90 second timer to time duration of darkness spells. As a necro when soloing without pet and pulling with darkness, rooting then dot stacking it's nice to have a good idea when darkness will wear off so you can recast right before it does and not be taken by surprise, because from time to time darkness and root will end at same time leaving a very mad fast running mob lunging at ya thirst for blood! Also very much like how this timer looks! keep up the good work!