Kaori
A Hill Giant

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Thumbs up KaoUI v3.0

* Find the zip and screenshot here: Version 3.0

* News
* To download all mods, right click the link and choose 'Save Target As...'

* October 5th
* Cairenn put together an optional mod pack with several changes to some windows that made them smaller in order to fit better in lower resolutions. Works with Oct 21 patch Oct 21 download here. Be sure to check out the sample screenshot. If you choose to download this it is very important that you see this post.

* October 4th
* More mods:

By Cairenn:
Buff Window - Horizontal version - Preview Here

* October 3rd
* Screenshot link fixed in downloads section thanks to Kudane.

* More mods:

Pet Info Window - With working buttons. Please delete your current EQUI_FriendsWnd.xml to revert to the default window. (will come default in next full version of ui)

By Aandiian:
Spell Gems Window - No Mana Bar or %, larger spell book button - Preview Here

By Cairenn:
Player Window - Preview Here
Group Window - Preview Here

* October 2nd
* More mods:

Compass Window - Long version (same sized labels, will come default in next full version of ui)
Compass Window - Small version (same sized labels)

By Aandiian:
Player Window and Group Window - Preview Here

By Cairenn:
Buff Window - Short version, good for low resolutions

* October 1st
* Currently aware that the friends "pet" window's pet hotkeys are not working and trying to find a fix. (EDIT: Download the Pet Info Window in October 3rd's news to fix this issue)

* Here are 5 new optional mods for the UI (unzip and rename them to their proper names):

Group Window - No Pet %
Player Window - With Mana Bar and % (good if you want to use a different spell gems window)
Spell Gems Window - With Cast Bar (will come default in next full version of ui)
Hotbuttons Window - No Extra Tabs (will come default in next full version of ui)
window_pieces04.tga (Compass) - With Loc Signs - Preview Here

(Here's a new version of the EQUI_Kaori.xml file that has T.King and Remelio's Arrow cursor instead of the sword. Download this file too: tk_arrow.tga. It looks more like the original cursor and will come default in the next version of ui.)

* Documentation
Taken from my description in the downloads area:

A true mix of Vertebrae, T.King and Remelio, Drakah

I began working on this version (previous ones were only private works) when T.King and Remelio released their Standard Stone inventory. I originally started with Vertebrae's UI v2.2 as a frame. For this version, I added pieces from T.King/Remelio's works, Drakah's UI Mix v1.0a, and some of my own art and coding. They all deserve some credit for this.

This UI also comes with T.King's Standard spellbook (seamless version). His current spell buff icon files (v1.04) were too large to include in this zip file. You can find them here: http://pub10.ezboard.com/fmaximus94...opicID=74.topic

Special thanks to Gendal and his excellent SidlWidl program (Everquest SIDL [xml] editor). It is unfinished and currently in its v0.2.9 Alpha stage, but still very helpful. You can find more info about SidlWidl at http://www.sidlwidl.com

* Important Notes
* The class animation in the EQUI_ActionsWindow.xml file included with the UI is set to 07 (Monk). If you aren't one: delete it. Then, open the /Alternate/ folder that comes with the UI. You'll find your class's file. Just re-name it to EQUI_ActionsWindow.xml and move it out of the folder. You'll also find one without a class animation if you prefer that.
* The long compass bar that is found at the bottom of the screen in the screenshot may not work in resolutions lower than 1280x1024. If you run the game in a lower resolution, I recommend using the EQ_CompassWnd-Small.xml located in the /Alternate/ folder. Just re-name it to EQ_CompassWnd.xml and move it out of the folder. You can preview this window at the top of the screenshot.
* I have included two optional setups in the /Alternate/ folder. The one from the screenshot is the caster setup. The melee setup just moves things around a bit to occupy the space that is left open from not having the spell casting window open. If you use mana, I suggest using the caster setup because the only mana gauge is located in the spell casting window. If you want to use one of these setups, rename the file to UI_Yourname_XX.ini where XX is your server number, and move it to your /Everquest/ folder. *Important: These setups are only for 1280x1024, they will not work otherwise*

* Edits
* Forgot to mention something about the hotbutton window. It might not be compatible with CCake, (the program that comes with Vert's UI) I havent tried. The slots for the two tabs on the right must be manually changed. A hotbutton window without extra tabs is available for download -> see October 1st news.
* Also, the friends window is in fact the pet info window. This is not accidental. I moved all the pet hotbuttons and the gauge to the friends window because of Arista's timers and other uses for the pet window that require tabs. Since the friends window is not compatible with tabs, you can now use her timers in the pet info window and still see pet stuff.

Have fun

Last edited by Kaori : 10-24-2002 at 10:21 PM.
Old 09-30-2002, 11:48 AM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

*UPDATE*

See my latest post on Page 9 of this thread.

All my previous posts have been removed to help clean up the thread and reduce confusion!

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group

Last edited by Cairenn : 10-24-2002 at 09:15 PM.
Old 09-30-2002, 11:52 AM   #3
Amara Skye
A Gray Wolf

I love this skin too! But I have a question...

I use the briar wand pointer from T.King./remelio. I've been able to use it with my other skins with no problem. I tried to change it to use with your skin, no success. Is there any way you can tell me how I can so I would be able to use the briar wand instead of the natuerdef? Thx so much, great work
Old 09-30-2002, 12:08 PM   #4
Keldrane
A Snow Cougar

Server: Xegony
Send a message via AIM to Keldrane

Quote:
Saw this last night, fell in love with it, downloaded it, re-arranged a tad so it'll fit in my 1024x768 (very very do-able, btw). Excellent work!

Could you send me your modified version? I play EQ in 1024x768... or even post it maybe for others?

Thanks
Old 09-30-2002, 02:23 PM   #5
Keldrane
A Snow Cougar

Server: Xegony
Send a message via AIM to Keldrane

Ohh, I thgouth you changed the size of certain windows in the xml. hehe.. Ill be waiting for the screens
Old 09-30-2002, 03:02 PM   #6
Kaori
A Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally posted by Amara Skye
I love this skin too! But I have a question...

I use the briar wand pointer from T.King./remelio. I've been able to use it with my other skins with no problem. I tried to change it to use with your skin, no success. Is there any way you can tell me how I can so I would be able to use the briar wand instead of the natuerdef? Thx so much, great work

In the EQUI_Kaori.xml file you will find the cursor definitions just like it were the EQUI_Animations.xml file (they happen to be about mid-way through the file btw). I moved some things here to make it more organized and give proper credit. Like the EQUI_Animations.xml file, this file contains things that are shared between multiple windows. If you don't find something in the EQUI_Animations.xml file, it's probably located here.
Old 09-30-2002, 04:54 PM   #7
Drakah
Skinning Guru

Just tried out this mod you made, >VERY< well done I must say!
The other day I was thinking how it might look to have the #'s on the bar that goes across, heh!

I will use this mod for a bit and give it a whirl =p

Few suggestions I would like to inquire, if you can -great!- if not, oh well I asked =)

1) Color borders around spell gems in the spell window. Seems to be missing.

2) Name tags for Resists and Normal stats on the "cap bar" are different sizes.

3) Whats the "100" for on the left side of the target window?

4) Perhaps for the ones who like the compass on the "cap bar", maybe mod the Pet window to have the "Stats" underneath that is the same size in height as the Hotkeys/Spell Window?

5) Add Stamina to player window if ye shrink the HP #?

err I think thats it .

Awesome work!!! and thanks for the credit too =)
Old 09-30-2002, 05:16 PM   #8
Kaori
A Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally posted by Drakah
Just tried out this mod you made, >VERY< well done I must say!
The other day I was thinking how it might look to have the #'s on the bar that goes across, heh!

I will use this mod for a bit and give it a whirl =p

Few suggestions I would like to inquire, if you can -great!- if not, oh well I asked =)

1) Color borders around spell gems in the spell window. Seems to be missing.

2) Name tags for Resists and Normal stats on the "cap bar" are different sizes.

3) Whats the "100" for on the left side of the target window?

4) Perhaps for the ones who like the compass on the "cap bar", maybe mod the Pet window to have the "Stats" underneath that is the same size in height as the Hotkeys/Spell Window?

5) Add Stamina to player window if ye shrink the HP #?

err I think thats it .

1) I'll look into this

2) The normal stats labels are actually graphics that came with Vert's UI. He also included resist label graphics, but they were fairly large and looked funny on the compass bar. I'll try shrinking them down and see how they look.

3) Your HP%

4) Good idea

5) I took the stamina gauge out of the player window because it took up space and some people prefer not to see it. It's now located at the bottom of the actions window. That space was left blank in Vert's UI because he made that window the same height as the hotbuttons window. I liked the idea of keeping it the same size so I just filled up the space.

Quote:
Awesome work!!! and thanks for the credit too =)

You're welcome!

EDIT: Woops! I forgot to mention a few things about the UI, edited the main post at the bottom.
Old 09-30-2002, 05:36 PM   #9
Drakah
Skinning Guru

oh btw, tkings icons for "normal" size arent in the mod, only the small ones. /shrug
Old 09-30-2002, 08:52 PM   #10
rlinebarger
A Ghoul

Server: the Rathe
Send a message via AIM to rlinebarger Send a message via Yahoo to rlinebarger

Having a problem with the cursor (Love the UI by the way)
Wanted to try and get back the original cursor so 1) I didnt' put naturedef (or whatever it was called in the folder (Im assuming this is what the long sword curser is called) : ok..this didnt' work. there was a cursor present but only could see it when it hit the edge of a border
then 2) i looked in another folder and pulled out a .tga file called mouse ( i thought this was the one needed for the cursor and put it into the folder: same effect as last time. 3) put the natursdef in and it worked ..just with the long sword instead of what I was hoping for.
So asking anyone who might explain what Im doing wrong and help me get cursor back to default
Thanks for making this by the way...(Ive been through wayyyyyy too many mods...think Ive finally found one that I can settle down with for ALL of my characters, has everything I was looking for )
Old 09-30-2002, 08:54 PM   #11
Claeton
A Fire Beetle

Cool Suggestions

Heya, sweet UI. I really like it alot.

But the XP and AAXP bars are a bit too dull...seems to blend in with the background box. Maybe it's my monitor but I'm finding it hard to look at my progress in game. Maybe you could lighten it up a bit?

Aside from that...is there a way I can use another buff bar on your UI? I tried putting in another one but I doesn't show up. Any ideas?

Other than that, it's a superb UI. Thumbs up from me.
Old 09-30-2002, 09:18 PM   #12
Kaori
A Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally posted by rlinebarger
Having a problem with the cursor (Love the UI by the way)
Wanted to try and get back the original cursor so 1) I didnt' put naturedef (or whatever it was called in the folder (Im assuming this is what the long sword curser is called) : ok..this didnt' work. there was a cursor present but only could see it when it hit the edge of a border
then 2) i looked in another folder and pulled out a .tga file called mouse ( i thought this was the one needed for the cursor and put it into the folder: same effect as last time. 3) put the natursdef in and it worked ..just with the long sword instead of what I was hoping for.
So asking anyone who might explain what Im doing wrong and help me get cursor back to default
Thanks for making this by the way...(Ive been through wayyyyyy too many mods...think Ive finally found one that I can settle down with for ALL of my characters, has everything I was looking for )

Copy over your mouse.tga file from your default folder. Go into EQUI_Kaori.xml and change these lines:

Quote:
<Ui2DAnimation item = "A_DefaultCursor">
<Cycle>true</Cycle>
<Frames>
<Texture>mouse.tga</Texture>
<Location>
<X>0</X>
<Y>0</Y>
</Location>
<Size>
<CX>22</CX>
<CY>22</CY>
</Size>
<Hotspot>
<X>4</X>
<Y>1</Y>
</Hotspot>
<Duration>1000</Duration>
</Frames>
</Ui2DAnimation>

Then add these lines:

Quote:
<TextureInfo item="mouse.tga">
<Size>
<CX>32</CX>
<CY>32</CY>
</Size>
</TextureInfo>

Let me know if this doesn't work
Old 09-30-2002, 09:23 PM   #13
Kaori
A Hill Giant

Default Re: Suggestions

Quote:
Originally posted by Claeton
Heya, sweet UI. I really like it alot.

But the XP and AAXP bars are a bit too dull...seems to blend in with the background box. Maybe it's my monitor but I'm finding it hard to look at my progress in game. Maybe you could lighten it up a bit?

Aside from that...is there a way I can use another buff bar on your UI? I tried putting in another one but I doesn't show up. Any ideas?

Other than that, it's a superb UI. Thumbs up from me.

Open EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml in wordpad or notepad and find the word Player_ExpGauge. You'll see:

Quote:
<LinesFillTint>
<R>0</R>
<G>50</G>
<B>200</B>
</LinesFillTint>

Increase the 50 and 200 (max you can make them is 255). Do the same for Player_AAXP. That will make the color brighter
Old 09-30-2002, 10:02 PM   #14
Averad
A Treant

Unhappy

love the ui but there are a few things that bother me and I wish they could be changed.

1) The pet window doesnt work for me (friends window)
2)I wish the inv hotkeys window Didnt have the right clickables because your missing one inv slot (that blows)
3)I would like to have my pets hp under mine (get rid of those huge ugly hp numbers the hp% is enough)

If I could get one thing changed it would be a non rightclickables version.Next would be a working pet window then my pets hp under mine (get rid of those ugly hp numbers)

Also how do I remove the sword curser I removed it from your xml file but now im left with a smaller sword.

Last edited by Averad : 10-01-2002 at 03:56 AM.
Old 09-30-2002, 11:06 PM   #15
Amara Skye
A Gray Wolf

Thanks so much it works Again great work