Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Released
User Name
Password

Old 10-27-2002, 08:42 PM   #31
Vnayan
A Ghoul

Default problem

I dont know if this had happened to anyone else but i cant even D/L your zip folders when i try to open them there either invalid or corrupted any idea on why this is happening.
-Vnayan
Vnayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 09:23 PM   #32
Infectar
A Treant

I just downloaded the reaver purple version to check things out and it downloaded and opened fine for me. I have no idea why you are experiencing this. Sorry I can't offer more help.
Infectar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 09:58 PM   #33
Vnayan
A Ghoul

Well i was able to D/L it my next problem is how do i install/get it working? the readme file didnt really explain what i was supposed to do. Any help on this?
-Vnayan
Old 10-28-2002, 06:14 AM   #34
Infectar
A Treant

You can find a nice little tutorial here that explains all the steps:

http://pub165.ezboard.com/ftranscen...picID=9.top ic
Old 10-28-2002, 04:31 PM   #35
Vnayan
A Ghoul

Default hmm

Well I tryed it but it still didnt work which i find strange am i missing some sort of D/L something i should have to use this?
-Vnayan
Old 10-28-2002, 06:24 PM   #36
Infectar
A Treant

Assuming you downloaded one of the three files containing the entire file set (NecroUIReaverPurple, NecroUIDkBl, or NecroUIDarkPurple.zip) you have everything you need.

If you followed the directions in the tutorial you should now have in the UIfiles folder located in your main EQ folder a new folder that you have named something other than Default. If this new folder is where you extracted the zipped files to then you are all set.

Two things to do at this point. First, go to your eqclient.ini file and under the [Defaults] heading make sure you have the line newui=true. If that is there, or after you add it, log onto EQ. Once you are online type in the following command /loadskin <name of folder where you extracted files> 1. Typing the "1" is necessary to keep your windows from being returned to their default postions. If you leave it out it is no big deal you will just end up repositioning all your windows and boxes back to the desired locations on screen.

If you are getting an error message when trying to load up the skin and EQ is reloading the Default UI each time or it is saying some of your files may not be up compatible go to your main EQ directory and look for a file called UIErrors.txt and post the contents here.

Hopefully this gets you up and running.
Old 10-28-2002, 08:48 PM   #37
Vnayan
A Ghoul

Default well

Its still not working I looked in my eqclient.ini folder and set newui to true the problem is that when i get in game and type /loadskin the only skin there is default my folder with the mod is in the uifiles next to the default folder i have no idea why i am having such trouble getting this working
-Vnayan
Old 10-28-2002, 09:00 PM   #38
Vnayan
A Ghoul

Default Update

Ok after setting some stuff when i type /loadskin my file (Vnayan) is listed. the big problem is when i try to load it it goes to defaults... no error mesage..just reverts to defaults i have the new ui extracted into the file so heres a new problem..
-Vnayan
Old 10-29-2002, 01:30 PM   #39
Krypte
A Fire Beetle

Default Pet Window w/ HP %...

Infectar (or anyone else),

I currently use Infectar's Dark Blue UI, and I was wondering if anyone had a pet window mod that includes a Pet Health Percentage Display? I am not really good at this stuff. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Krypte

------------------------------------------------------------

I forgot to thank you Infectar.

Thanks a ton.

Last edited by Krypte : 10-29-2002 at 04:39 PM.
Krypte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 04:24 PM   #40
Infectar
A Treant

Vnayan if you have the files extracted into a new folder it should load. The only thing I can think of would be that the newui=true line is missing from your eqclient.ini file. If you have that line in your .ini file then I am clueless as to what is going on. I wish I could be of more assistance but I am out of ideas. Keep trying and hopefully you will get it to work.

--------------------------------------------------

Krypte the pet health percentage is a good idea. I will look into that and see if I can make it happen.
Old 10-29-2002, 04:47 PM   #41
blahblahblah
A Gray Wolf

Server: Tribunal

Hey Kryte, I found one at eq.stratics.com I believe, I changed the pet window with it and the compass (not saying Infect didn't do a good job, which knows I love his UI) but its a fun lil pet window and compass

Blahblahblah
blahblahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 07:33 PM   #42
Vnayan
A Ghoul

Angry

Well it still doesnt work for me and i have no idea what to do now i've tried loading other UI's and they will not work either i am guessing the major porblem is the 10/16 patch that screwed up alot of things for the UI. I wish i could fix it because you made such a kick ass ui
Old 10-29-2002, 09:12 PM   #43
aeluin
Denizen of the Interface

Server: Tholuxe Paelis
Send a message via AIM to aeluin

Vnayan, you can't use the /loadskin menu. It doesn't work- does exactly what you said, reverts to default with no error message. Just type /loadskin vnayan 1 (or whatever you named your folder).
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring; renewed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king." -Aragorn's Theme by J.R.R. Tolkien
aeluin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 03:50 PM   #44
Vnayan
A Ghoul

I've tried /loadskin Vnayan 1 it still doesnt work i've even tryed /loadskin Vnayan True and that doesnt work either. I've tryed loading other UI's and they dotn work either i am guessing its something with my files or my comp
-Vnayan
Old 10-30-2002, 04:11 PM   #45
aeluin
Denizen of the Interface

Server: Tholuxe Paelis
Send a message via AIM to aeluin

Are you sure you don't have an extra folder in your directory? (as in, if you open the uifiles folder, then open the Vnayan folder, do you see all your UI files, or do you see another folder?) If that's your problem, just take all the files out of the folder-in-a-folder and paste them into the first folder. That's the only other thing I could think of that would cause you to go to default with no error message.
aeluin is offline   Reply With Quote