Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Compares & Patch fixes > Patch fix archive
User Name
Password

Old 10-16-2002, 09:58 PM   #31
Zarmie
A Ghoul

Server: ECI
Send a message via AIM to Zarmie
Default Quartz UI

Anyone know if the fixes listed here will work on quartz ui? I've never played with XML but it looks like a cross bread of HTML and C++.. Maybe alot of java.. (which i needs some btw..)

Just wondering before i go screw everything up.. (at worst i'll have to delete/reload.. eeeehhhh noooooo ) oh well.

i'm just lazy
Old 10-16-2002, 10:24 PM   #32
jwiz1
A Bat

One line that is VERY important in the initial post of this thread. You have to put that section AFTER PAGE 87. Scroll thru the replies and you'll see where someone figured out where page 87 is. If you just stick it in the front, like I did the first time (after the initial starting tag) it does not work. I thought I'd share something I did wrong in case others have made the same mistake.
Old 10-16-2002, 11:28 PM   #33
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Re: confusion

Quote:
Originally posted by Omnedon
Someone needs to make ONE post here that contains:

1. Exactly what changes need to be made.

2. How to make those changes.

I see about 8 posts on this thread that just have scripts and do not distinguish whether those are the scripts CHANGED by the patch, or whether those need to be CHANGED to what we see on the posts.

There are TWO download fixes.

So please, have mercy on us simple-minded people and someone please make a post with the exact changes that need to take place.

Instead of having a dozen changes scattered throughout the thread.

I am begging you.

Well, having finally been able to connect to the board again since I first posted that information at 10:00 (eastern) yesterday morning (since it's now past midnight) ...

If you care to go back and look at the posts I put up on the very first page, you will see that there is a single post for each of the files that were changed, with very clear instructions on whether to add, change or delete information and where to do so.

On a different note, kudos to Kudane and Dolby for keeping the site running as best they could today during the post-patch frenzy.

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Old 10-17-2002, 04:14 AM   #34
belkoth
A Fire Beetle

Server: Rathe
Default LOST ahhhh =P

Ok I run Cairennsui I love it but dont have a clue what or where I nead to change stuff /sigh have looked in readme and what not but jsut dont get it I guess do you have a patch I can down load to fix this? I love that UI and would like to keep it but not sure im smart enought to fix it the way you are telling me too lol. thanks gl hope you guys get your mods working proporly =)

Belkoth 60 Heirophant of the Eclipse- Rathe
Latera 44 Paladin of the Eclipse - Rathe
Old 10-17-2002, 06:52 AM   #35
Stormie
A Bat

Server: Tunare
Lightbulb Just something that happened to me....

Ok, I logged in not knowing there was a UI problem, dumped into default UI, had no idea what was wrong. Told my husband and he went looking for a fix. Downloaded the patch, and then he logged in, his was fine, so I DL'ed it and went back in, nope, no go. Nothing I did worked.

What finally got it to work was to not use the new UIskin selector window, but to actually type /loadskin <skinname> 1

Unsure if that was the problem, but everytime I tried selecting the skin from the window, I was taken back to the default skin. Hubby tried changing his skin with the new window, same thing, dumped to default. But doing it the old way, ie /loadskin <skinname> 1 worked perfectly.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Stormie.
Old 10-17-2002, 07:08 AM   #36
bryansworld
A Ghoul

Default pet?

didnt know this was here.... i have looked at the pet window over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over... welll you get the picture but still i have no clue what has changed or was added
Old 10-17-2002, 07:19 AM   #37
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

For the pet window, the change is:

CHANGE the ToolTip Reference from "Pet Sit Down" to "Pet Sit Down/Stand Up" ... that's it.
Old 10-17-2002, 07:22 AM   #38
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Default Re: LOST ahhhh =P

Quote:
Originally posted by belkoth
Ok I run Cairennsui I love it but dont have a clue what or where I nead to change stuff /sigh have looked in readme and what not but jsut dont get it I guess do you have a patch I can down load to fix this? I love that UI and would like to keep it but not sure im smart enought to fix it the way you are telling me too lol. thanks gl hope you guys get your mods working proporly =)

Belkoth 60 Heirophant of the Eclipse- Rathe

If you mean the one that Kao made and I've been modifying all over the place, go back to that thread, I've made all the necessary adjustments to *my* modifications of that UI and uploaded them.

If you mean my old one from the Mix and Match Download section (which I haven't used ever since Kao posted theirs) ... hrm, it should be running fine I think, I don't recall making any changes to the files that were updated yesterday.
Old 10-17-2002, 12:48 PM   #39
belkoth
A Fire Beetle

Server: Rathe
Default Mix and Match

It was form Mix and Match it wont load into game at all but I will give the other UI a shot see what I think thanks gl

Belkoth 60 Heirophant of the Eclipse - Rathe
Old 10-17-2002, 01:42 PM   #40
DJPrez
A Ghoul

Kudane, I sincerly apologize for spreading mis-information on how to fix the UI error.

I did indeed followed your instructions above and the mod does work fine for me this way also.

So,

don't copy default files at all

Did you notice the complement too?

Thanks again!
Old 10-17-2002, 02:50 PM   #41
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Default Re: Mix and Match

Quote:
Originally posted by belkoth
It was form Mix and Match it wont load into game at all but I will give the other UI a shot see what I think thanks gl

Belkoth 60 Heirophant of the Eclipse - Rathe

I'll download it and figure out where the problem lies in a bit, about to go pick up my daughter from school. Sorry for not having looked at it right away, but honestly, I had completely forgotten about it until your post as I am not using it any more.
Old 10-17-2002, 03:25 PM   #42
Ford
A Bat

Default @Jarvis

Had the same Problem... Check the file UI_"Charname"_86.ini in ur EQ folder... There should be a section like this:

[Main]
UISkin="Name of Folder u want to load"
GlobalFadeToAlpha=217
GlobalAlpha=218

Try to rename it there and it should work... at least it did for me. Couldnt load my "fixed-folder" from Game.

Hoep it helps...
Old 10-17-2002, 03:46 PM   #43
Caleal
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Quote:
Originally posted by Jarvis
I've tried both zip files posted here without luck. Unzipped them to vert folder under uifiles and the only part I can get working is the character selection screen.

As soon as I enter the game it's reverted to default. Tried using /loadskin and /loadskin vert too... The uierrors file generates a ton of errors seen below:

UIErrorLog created at Wed Oct 16 11:00:53 2002
(snip)
Attempting to use file from Default skin.

Seems it's a path issue to me, but I haven't changed anything except add the files provided here today. I backed up my vert folder first, so I can copy the files back.

Any ideas guys?

It looks like you are attempting to load a UI from an empty folder...

Look in the folder for the UI you are loading and make sure it actually has the files for the UI in it and not just a sub directory.
Shadowed Soul
Old 10-18-2002, 12:20 AM   #44
Zenash
A Gray Wolf

Does the xml code fixes have to be indented to match the rest of the code? I have done all the procedures..just cant seem to fix the problem
Old 10-19-2002, 04:24 AM   #45
marcin
A Snow Griffin

Server: Bertoxxulous

Quote:
Does the xml code fixes have to be indented to match the rest of the code? I have done all the procedures..just cant seem to fix the problem

no, it does not, the only limitation to the freeform coding is to not put tags within tags within tags incorrectly.

sorry about the 'page 87' thing but i use ms word to modify animations since its so big. it really does not make a difference where you paste the new code, you can put it anywhere within the main tags and it still registers.