User Name
Password

Old 11-12-2002, 09:50 PM   #31
Casanunda
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Fennin Ro
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to Casanunda

...I suppose I shouldn't assume that everyone's been using PCs as long as I have. I've always been an audio junkie, but not all are. You can pull the mp3 song files from your CD collection fairly easily using various programs. If you'd like to download some songs you don't have, Kazaa (www.kazaa.com) is a pretty good, popular media downloader, and there are several others. As long as you don't have any reservations about "stealing" music, with this whole napster debate that's long gone stale. You can find entire orchestral soundtracks to games like Zelda, if you're looking for great music for Everquest, and if you have a high bandwidth connection, you can download an entire advarage-length song in the time it takes to listen to it. If you're stuck on dialup, like i once was, you'll just have to wait longer Hope that helps.
Fennin Ro"The Forgotten Server"
Go Kicky Fast Okay!
Casanunda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 10:25 PM   #32
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Try http://k-lite.tk for KaZaA Lite, a better version of KaZaA, no spyware.

Haliken
Haliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 07:11 AM   #33
Casanunda
A Shissar Defiler

Send a message via ICQ to Casanunda

Damn, thanks Hal, didn't know that. I knew kazaa had spyware in it, but didn't know there was an alternative. Woo.
Casanunda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 07:29 AM   #34
helltoupe
A Hill Giant

Server: Tallon Zek
Send a message via Yahoo to helltoupe
Default more mp3's...

Try I-mesh and Limewire also both can get MP3's but you can also get other media I got entire movies like Red Dragon and Jack Ass off I-mesh. I-mesh has some spy ware but you can get rid of it by running Ad-Ware a program by Lavasoft that finds spy ware in your registry and gets rid of it. If you run Ad-ware over Kaza it makes Kaza unusable for some reason but dosent have that effect on I-Mesh. Also there is Audio Galaxy for really hard to find MP3's. It creats a data base and even if the person isnt on line it will tell you when the person is on line to get what ever song or songs that your little heart desires. Limewire is a purely peer to peer to its a litttle slow and sometimes harder to find stuff but seeing as alot of the Kaza's and Morpheuses of the world are getting sued and I-Mesh is prolly on the list also we true Audio Philes belive Limewire is going to be the "next big thing" seeing as it is untrackable as it has no central server based system being a true peer to peer to spiders out useing your computer as the "server". I have a 100 gigs of space just devoted to MP3's and other "media". I built a file server just to hold and share them so I wouldnt have to shut it down while playing EQ. Well sorry I ramble Im a Ritalin baby hehe.
Old 11-13-2002, 08:38 AM   #35
Veearus
A Fire Beetle

Default Can use Wildcards

Just FYI but in the file selection window you can infact use wildcards to select all or a set of files from a directory. Something like *.mp3 in the file name will add all your MP3's to the list at once.

Vee
Veearus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 11:57 AM   #36
Hammerfel
Director of Web Presence SOE

Server: !

Coming to the thread late, my apologies.

All these questions like "Is it free?" "Is it live yet" "what's it look like?" could have all been answered by a quick visit to our Official EQ news site www.EverQuestLive.com . There'a a prominent 'EQ MP3 Player' link right on the front page.

It goes here:

http://eqlive.station.sony.com/news...jsp?story=52635

You might want to get used to checking that site for news. Many of the EQ fan sites just copy-paste the majority of their news from there.

Thanks!
Hammerfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 02:52 PM   #37
kirbol
A Ghoul

Default hey, just a thought

hmmm lets see...
1 silent 23:59:59 length mp3...
I note the local time before I log in... I hit play and drag the play slider over to the local time and...
tada! RL clock for our visual inspection.
kirbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 02:56 PM   #38
aeluin
Denizen of the Interface

Server: Tholuxe Paelis
Send a message via AIM to aeluin

hm...yes, but the mp3 player kills all in-game music- but then again, you could still use winamp in the background just like most of us have been doing for years...
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring; renewed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king." -Aragorn's Theme by J.R.R. Tolkien
aeluin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 02:57 PM   #39
helltoupe
A Hill Giant

Very nicea I must say this is going to be a tres cool addition if it lives up to our high expectaions hehe.
helltoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 05:10 PM   #40
argetlam
A Gray Wolf

Quote:
Originally posted by aeluin
hm...yes, but the mp3 player kills all in-game music-

And... this is bad, how? Sure, the new in game music is better than that MIDI cra... er... junk that was released with the original game. But it just doesn't compare to listening to your own choice of music.
argetlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 05:14 PM   #41
Hammerfel
Director of Web Presence SOE

Server: !

Plus, according to the site, it plays while you zone.
EverQuestLive.com
Hammerfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 01:24 AM   #42
Zantaklawz
Manaetic Prototype IX

Server: Bristlebane, The Nameless, Xegony, Veeshan, Firiona Vie, Vallon Zek, and Venril Sathir
Send a message via AIM to Zantaklawz Send a message via Yahoo to Zantaklawz

Quote:
Originally posted by Sarna
Speaking of mp3s, where can i get some?

Well for starters you can 'rip' some from you current library of music CD's. If you dont have a 'ripper' a good one is MusicMatch Jukebox, you can also you Windows Media Player, but Im not a fan of Microsofts ripper. But otherwise you can use P2P programs such as Kazaa (site is same name www.kazaa.com) or Grokster. Just type in the music you want either by group or by song title and click on download. But be wary, Kazaa does put in Spyware in your computer... choice is yours on this matter. Enjoy and good luck!

Zantaklawz

Proud to be an at EQ Roleplayers! Join us and spread the word!

Come and sit for a while and listen to the Tales of Zantaklawz! Tell one! Tell all!
Zantaklawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 04:35 AM   #43
helltoupe
A Hill Giant

Actually one of the best if not the best ripper out right now is an open source program called LAME but LAME as it stands is very user unfriendly so some very nice peeps came out with RAZOR LAME which is a very nice GUI version of LAMEalso if you have some UBER old CDs that are all scratched up try a little program called E.A.C. which stands for Exact Audio Copier. It scouers your wrecked CDs over and over 16 times to be exact and must have 9 times of the 16 to determine that the data it got is the data you want. I used it to extrac audio from an original Public Enemy CD "It take a Nation of Millions to Hold US Back" from 1986ish I belive that was tore up but I got all the songs in digital quality (it took 16 hours) no lie on a 1.6 gig AMD with 512megs of 333mhz DDR ram but hey I got my songs. Its a God send for discs that are UBER rare and destroyed. Most discs wont take that long but it does work. I have found a very few occasions that it didnt work but even if it dosent work it will try to compesate for the bad areas of the song by useing the data sourounding the area in question. Just a few more tips for you hard core Audio Philes out there also for copying CD's or games for that matter or even UBER copyright protected stuff try Clone CD with a Lite-On CDRW drive it will copy ANYTHING garunteed cause it writes in RAW mode. Which by passes ALL known copy protection schemes not that I encourage such things use this information for back up of your own personal archiving purposes only you have been warned and this is a disclamier that this site in no terms condones the use of technology for illegeal purposses. But I have no idea what a sick bird has to do with anything. HEHE. Have fun be smart.
helltoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 05:12 AM   #44
Kaenil Darkwolf
A Weathered Clockwork

Server: Tholuxe Paells

Quote:
Speaking of mp3s, where can i get some?

WinMX
They have taken the bridge and the second hall.. We have barred the gates but cannot hold them for long. The ground shakes, drums... drums in the deep. We cannot get out. A shadow lurks in the dark. We can not get out... they are coming......
Kaenil Darkwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 06:11 AM   #45
Kiegh
An Icepaw Kobold

Send a message via AIM to Kiegh

mp3 on test? i've always played my mp3s, but through winamp using an add-on. give me a pvt msg and i'll tell ya what the add-on is called, i can't remember at the moment.

-kiegh
Kiegh is offline   Reply With Quote