Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Archive
User Name
Password

Old 12-06-2002, 01:24 AM   #31
Nylok
A Treant

Tried running the current reso's you have posted because these are awsome UI's however when I bump up to 1280 reso I need a magnifying glass to read my screen. Im talking ridiculously small. Anyways, my eyes are peeled for your 1024 files, cant wait to use them. Awsome work, keep it up!!!

Old 12-13-2002, 11:44 PM   #32
Azrael
A Snow Cougar

Server: Cazic-Thule

I AIN'T GONNA FIX THE AAEXP PROBLEM ON MY UI'S.

I think it rocks that my 20 Cleric has 53% of AAEXP. =)

I love all 4 of these UI's and the fact I can easily move them around depending on what kind of mood I am in. "Sure, I can Cure Disease. (/load orcui) You sure you really want it though? " Hahaa.

Thanks Spirit for the mods and the detailed instructions.
Old 12-15-2002, 06:45 AM   #33
Lazaru5
A Shissar Disciple

Will this fix also fix the inventory? I've had the nightelf mod since you first put it out, and have been having problems with ONLY the inventory. I know I could have said something sooner, but I keep forgetting about it. Anyway, the inventory window (for ME, at least) is pretty much transparent except for the text and the equipment slots. Also, whenever I have it open, I have bad flashbacks from days of reeally bad lag. But as soon as I close the inventory window, the lag goes with it.
Old 12-16-2002, 01:50 AM   #34
vanayre
A Bat

Some things to watch out for...

The XML file for the Night Elf file located at:

http://www.my-spiritwalker.com/UIFi...tInfoWindow.xml

Actually causes the AAExp/Exp bars to switch, because the AAExp and Exp bars were not broken in the one I downloaded...

And number 2... for Lazaru5...

The inventory thing is explained in:

http://www.eqgui.com/showthread.php...light=night+elf

Just delete the EQUI_Inventory.xml file... if you are using the old night elf mod with the green leaves, then download the night elf color mod and unzip it. I think the green leaves version is now called the "druid" skin... but its midnight and im getting sleepy...

Should take care of your problem, it worked for me
Old 12-17-2002, 04:09 PM   #35
Azrael
A Snow Cougar

Server: Cazic-Thule
Talking

I still really like these mods alot. It took only a few minutes to get used to having things in different places, like the spell icons across the top of the screen. And there is no way to say that the graphics and colors do not add to the gaming experience. Hell these mods are fun.

If there was one thing I could/would change though is the inventory/hotbutton panel. The buttons and icons are so very small. I find myself not using them much at all because of that, and then when I do, I am just as liable to hit the wrong icon/button when I do try and use it. When I looked at the 1600 version, I noticed a bigger buttons and no inventory icons. It was cleaner, and looked easier to use. Is there anyway to bring some of that over to the 1280 version?

This is just a suggestion and a request. Do not read it as a complaint. The mods are still fantastic.
Old 12-17-2002, 04:17 PM   #36
ethion
A Gray Wolf

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default battle spam chat window

I love these UIs. I'm using the nightelf one at 1280x1024. The only think I have problems with is that battle spam. Since the battle spam chat window is small I find myself wanting to scroll back in it to see messages I missed. However I can't seem to scroll it as the window appears to be under the xp graphic tile. I've moved it around so the chat area is ontop of the graphic but when I died it switched back and I believe that when I relog it will probably go back. Any ideas how to fix this?

Basically I want to be able to use my mouse wheel to scroll back messages in the battle spam windows on the left.

Ethion
Old 12-17-2002, 05:04 PM   #37
Talendar
A Fire Beetle

I love this UI..I am using the druid (greenleaf) one...heheh I am a Shaman, but it works great for me

I am having a problem though with the windows under the xp bar at the left of the screen....all I have is a totally clear space where I assume my battlespam is supposed to be. I also do not get the My hits/misses or NPC hits/misses window...also clear space (ie I can see right through it to the play screen. Both xp and aaxp bars show up fine though....any thoughts?
<A HREF=http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=334820>Magelo Profile</A>
Old 12-18-2002, 09:01 AM   #38
Lazaru5
A Shissar Disciple

Default Re: battle spam chat window

Quote:
Originally posted by ethion
However I can't seem to scroll it as the window appears to be under the xp graphic tile. I've moved it around so the chat area is ontop of the graphic but when I died it switched back and I believe that when I relog it will probably go back. Any ideas how to fix this?

Basically I want to be able to use my mouse wheel to scroll back messages in the battle spam windows on the left.

Ethion

Can't you simply click in the window (and/or mouse over it) and use your wheel? I've done it alot, I don't see why it wouldn't work for you.
Old 12-19-2002, 05:08 PM   #39
ethion
A Gray Wolf

Default mouseover

I've tried to interact with it but can't...

It appears to me that the pet window has two transparent areas. The three little chat windows show through the pet interface at these locations. The default UI for this setup has the three little windows setup to be black, and positioned so you see the output area but the text entry area which isn't used is covered up by the graphics.

So if I move my mouse over these little windows they do fade in so that works. However using the mouse wheel doesn't do anything. If I go in and unlock the pet UI and move it exposing the three little windows. Then I unlock one of the windows. I change the nonfaded level to 100% so I can see it easily and I stretch the window up high past the area where the pet UI graphics cover. Then I move the Pet UI back into place. Then finally I resize the little chat window back so it is the size of the cutouts in the pet ui graphic. The chat window works fine. I can scroll it now and everything works fine. If I exit out of EQ or die when I get back in the chat part is under the pet ui again. Think of it as if the pet UI has two glass windows in it. It seems to default to having the UI on top of the chat windows. So my question is does anyone know how to control the layering of the UI elements??

Ethion
Old 12-19-2002, 06:56 PM   #40
Lazaru5
A Shissar Disciple

I must've been smokin' something pretty good when I made my last post, cuz my scroll wheel doesn't work for me on those windows either.

I don't know what to tell ya, dude.

/shrug
Old 12-23-2002, 03:56 PM   #41
MysticGem
A Hill Giant

Server: Rodcet Nife

IT IS AWSOME!!!!

Last edited by MysticGem : 12-23-2002 at 04:09 PM.
Old 01-11-2003, 12:40 PM   #42
Lazaru5
A Shissar Disciple

Is this UI working for anyone else? Looks like the latest patch has broken this again :/
Old 01-11-2003, 06:42 PM   #43
Ashwynd
A Gray Wolf

Server: Tarew Marr
Send a message via AIM to Ashwynd

Is there any way to just download the druid or orcish outline theme to fit around however our chat bars may be set up? Or was that done specifically for the size of your windows?
Old 01-11-2003, 06:58 PM   #44
issey
A Tundra Mammoth

Server: fv, stormhammer

Wow! Beautiful. The layout is different from my preference but I'm loading it on an alt to try anyways.
Thanks!
Old 01-12-2003, 10:38 PM   #45
BizarreDeath
A Bat

Server: RN
Question

Seeing as I know nothing of XML and prefer to leave it to you guys that actually know what you're doing, I've been wondering some stuff. My custom UI is currently a mix/match of things that I've gone through and downloaded piece by piece. I've had to make some adjustments to make it work from time to time, but I like the end result.

I have a noob-ish question...

When using this setup, will other mods I may load in (the one from EQAtlas springs to mind immediately) have the same borders and such?

Okay I lied. Two noob questions.

If I delete your Tracking Window file to get it to load the default one, will I need to make changes to particular XML files so I can make the tracking window more useful for my ranger?

FINE. Three questions...

What does the spellbook look like?

Thanks in advance