Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Tutorials & Info. > SidlWidl & SIDL Fiddle Tutorials & Info.
User Name
Password

Old 11-19-2002, 04:34 PM   #16
Ambros
A Tundra Mammoth

Default 1.3 v 1.4

I actually didn't code it for 1.3, it was just what I was using. Something in Xerces/xalan xml jars causes the app to run out of memory with 1.4. If anyone knows why this is, I'd love to take advantage of some of the 1.4 features.

FYI, 1.4 has a terrible history of not being compatible with 1.3 apps. It's very unfortunate.
Ambros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 05:28 PM   #17
aeluin
Denizen of the Interface

Server: Tholuxe Paelis
Send a message via AIM to aeluin

hm...odd problem here
the program runs fine, it opens my skins, lists the files correctly, lists the parts of the files correctly- but for some reason I can't view or edit any windows. I doubleclick or click View, the computer 'thinks' for a moment...and nothing happens. Any ideas?
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring; renewed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king." -Aragorn's Theme by J.R.R. Tolkien
aeluin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 07:59 PM   #18
Ambros
A Tundra Mammoth

Haven't seen that yet. Just to make sure. You select a file, then select a "screen" and then do open screen?

Was there any error messages in the console?
Old 11-19-2002, 11:55 PM   #19
Kiriani
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Saryrn
Send a message via ICQ to Kiriani Send a message via AIM to Kiriani Send a message via Yahoo to Kiriani

Might need to upload the file to another server....can't get access to your page due to exceeded bandwidth

Ranger of Tunare
Familjen Saryrn
"Sometimes the Laws of Man must be broken in order to do what is right"
Kiriani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 06:13 PM   #20
Ambros
A Tundra Mammoth

Anyone else having problems getting to the download?

Anyone have a suggestion for a new host? I can't afford to pay for a site right now.

--Mike
Old 11-20-2002, 07:48 PM   #21
Xone
A Gray Wolf

Lightbulb

I just getting started on the UImods, and I think this program is great and I haven't had any problems with it yet.

Just one Question, when I am changing a UI, How do I get the background on each piece to bit lighter, cause I am having problem placeing buttons with the dark background. I have change the background for the desktop part but haveing prob seeing though it?

any help is welcomed
thx
Xone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 10:53 PM   #22
Ambros
A Tundra Mammoth

Default Gamma correction

I'm still trying to get gamma correction (to lighten the display) working. I'm having problems using ImageFilters (java) with Targa files. I have the same problem on my monitor.

I also discovered a problem where custom targa files in your ui folders don't seem to be loading . Working on this now.

Thanks for the comments! I hope to have it much better as time goes on.
Old 11-22-2002, 02:18 AM   #23
Xone
A Gray Wolf

I was able to shrink my Music player. Keep it up.

Xone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2002, 08:29 AM   #24
Kiriani
A Shissar Disciple

Send a message via ICQ to Kiriani Send a message via AIM to Kiriani Send a message via Yahoo to Kiriani

Bummer this won't work with 1.4....alot stuff I've been using (and done on my guild's website) uses it

Edit: reverted to 1.3 on my second machine. FIrst time I got an error loading files. Second time Out of Memory error. I'll wait till you update it more and try again.
Old 11-22-2002, 08:19 PM   #25
Ambros
A Tundra Mammoth

Sorry you are having problems. Just a note that I'm not planning on fighting the 1.4 battle until I see some positive information about it's stability and compatibility with 1.3 from Sun.

Since you got an out of memory error, I would bet you were still accessing 1.4 (that is the only jvm I've seen to cause this).

On another note; I've posted a new version that fixes some issues with graphic selection, and fixes a bunch of small bugs. It also has gamma correction as a menu item.
Old 11-22-2002, 08:57 PM   #26
GreenDragon
An Icepaw Kobold

Server: Vazaelle
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Java 1.4.1

It works with java 1.4.1 because thats what I have and it works on my computer. Thought i'd let you know.
GreenDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2002, 09:47 PM   #27
techb0t
A Fire Beetle

Default Errors...

For me, the program would get out of memory errors if I had 12 or more UI folders. Once I dropped below 12 it started up fine. The 12 dirs. are using just over 95 MB.

Also the program found some minor things with my crystal folder and vert. Each one had a file with the following above the xml version line.

<!-- VERT's PLAYER WINDOW-->

The XML declaration may only appear at the very beginning of the document.

Removing the vert code cleared up all errors.

Just a few things I noted. I will mess around with the prog this weekend some.
techb0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2002, 11:58 PM   #28
Kiriani
A Shissar Disciple

Quote:
Since you got an out of memory error, I would bet you were still accessing 1.4 (that is the only jvm I've seen to cause this).

Actually, the machine I tried it with 1.3 running never had Java installed until this morning. I was still running off Microsoft's discontinued Virtual Machine (meaning I've managed to keep that system stable enough to not reinstall in the past year). Using just the Virtual Machine it wouldn't run, so I DLed and installed 1.3.

granted, your program made it further on that particular machine than my others, but still the OOM message. Might just be my luck.
Old 11-23-2002, 12:57 AM   #29
Ambros
A Tundra Mammoth

Angry OOM

I got an Out of memory exception just a while ago. So, I was wrong...it's not just 1.4.

Obviously, the graphics are eating up memory. I noticed that my way of updating graphics after gamma correction may be contributing to this. I'll continue to experiment to find solutions to oom.

Thanks for all the info.
Old 11-23-2002, 12:19 PM   #30
Kiriani
A Shissar Disciple

Hey, it's still Beta, at least we're finding the odd problems now Just make sure you announce your updates here. I can usually only load your site in the wee hours.