Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > General UI Talk > hybrids
User Name
Password

Old 08-28-2002, 07:36 AM   #16
Jobon
A Gray Wolf

Question Please help

I am very new to this...I just downloaded the UI with the green leafs gold trim neast spells box yada yada not to far above...I downloaded is and I have no idea at all how to use it...can anyone give me some instructions?

I think the maker said his name was Mav
Jobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2002, 09:13 PM   #17
Mavarien
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Server: Bristlebane
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Re: Please help

Quote:
Originally posted by Jobon
I am very new to this...I just downloaded the UI with the green leafs gold trim neast spells box yada yada not to far above...I downloaded is and I have no idea at all how to use it...can anyone give me some instructions?

I think the maker said his name was Mav

Find where your everquest folder is. Usually it's C:\Program Files\Everquest

In it there's a folder called uifiles.

In the uifiles folder there is a folder called default. This contains the default VI UI files.

Create a new folder in the uifiles folder. example call it CustomUI

Extract the files from Mav_UI_Mods.zip into the folder you created

Enter EQ and load up the char you wish to use. If you haven't already enabled the new UI, type /newui and camp to desktop.

After the new UI is enabled, reload the charactor and type /loadskin (whatever you called the new folder) 1

Now the new UI should load up.

Resize and move Windows as necessary.

Hope this helps,
Mav
Mavarien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 06:35 PM   #18
BalforH
A Ghoul

Default Mavarien's UI

Howdy

Hey Mav, I really like your UI and am using it with a few mod's. One question/request... I like the idea of a tabbed Spell Gem Box however would it be possible to make the "clickable" inventory Boxes like stardard Hotkeys? This would allow me to place my Coldain ring and other Clickables there without Limiting me to the inventory slots you have assigned.

I wish I had a clue how to make this change myself.... I will look forward to seeing either a simple way I can change what inventory slots are assigned or a new Spell Gem Box Mod for me to download.

Thank you
Balfor Honorbound
Warder
BalforH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 11:23 AM   #19
Mavarien
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Default Re: Mavarien's UI

Quote:
Originally posted by BalforH
Howdy

Hey Mav, I really like your UI and am using it with a few mod's. One question/request... I like the idea of a tabbed Spell Gem Box however would it be possible to make the "clickable" inventory Boxes like stardard Hotkeys? This would allow me to place my Coldain ring and other Clickables there without Limiting me to the inventory slots you have assigned.

I wish I had a clue how to make this change myself.... I will look forward to seeing either a simple way I can change what inventory slots are assigned or a new Spell Gem Box Mod for me to download.

Thank you
Balfor Honorbound
Warder

Send me an Email and I'll describe what lines to change to make the slots you want appear in the clickers page.

[email protected]

Also I made a number of changes to the UI today. Check out my Original UI post on page 1.

Later,

Mav

Last edited by Mavarien : 09-14-2002 at 12:44 PM.
Old 09-18-2002, 05:31 AM   #20
Kalysto
A Treant

Server: Fennin Ro
Lightbulb

Mavarien, on a similar topic, how would one go about using the UI but without the leafy graphics? It's pretty, but I like something a bit more simple
Kalysto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2002, 07:43 AM   #21
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Quote:
Originally posted by Kalysto
Mavarien, on a similar topic, how would one go about using the UI but without the leafy graphics? It's pretty, but I like something a bit more simple

Don't use wnd_bg_dark_rock.tga and wnd_bg_light_rock.tga . Delete those two from your custom UI folder and EQ will just grab the "default" ones.

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2002, 06:56 PM   #22
Goalermatt
A Gray Wolf

Server: Bertoxx
Default ahhhhh

Mavarien,
I just DLed the UI... I Love it but it appers the spell buff window wont show up for me! If anyone can tell me whats up I would greatly appreatiate it! Thanks guys.
Goalermatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2002, 07:58 PM   #23
Mavarien
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Default Re: ahhhhh

Quote:
Originally posted by Goalermatt
Mavarien,
I just DLed the UI... I Love it but it appers the spell buff window wont show up for me! If anyone can tell me whats up I would greatly appreatiate it! Thanks guys.

This seems to be a common problem. All I did to the Buff box was reduce the spellicon size and spacing as well as removed the title bar.

Here's how I've had success resolving the issue:

1. Type /Load default
2. Move the Buff box to the upper left corner of the screen
3. Type /Load Default 1
4. Type /load <whatever> 1
5. Move and resize boxes as necessary

If all else fails. Just use the default Buff Box or find a different one that suits you.

Hope this helps
Old 09-18-2002, 09:30 PM   #24
Goalermatt
A Gray Wolf

Default Alt buff window

As an alternitive buff window I personally sugest Apollyon's. Its a tad on the big side but make figuring out your buffs MUCH easyier. Regardless, its a great alternitive untill Mavarien manages to fix the defult setting on the new one.
Old 09-19-2002, 12:39 PM   #25
Maliki451
A Bat

Default Alt buff window

I'm using 1024x738 and find that Gerradine's buff window fits well and looks good with this set until Mav gets his buff window fixed.

While this is said to be a Ranger specific skin, I can find no reason why it would not be equally functional with any other class.
Cut a deal with a Dragon
Maliki451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 10:33 PM   #26
Goalermatt
A Gray Wolf

Default help us mav

Mavarien, help us, we desperatly need the new update for the patch. I am going crazy with the 5+ min zone times due to bugs, but I cant bare to turn it off lol, if you updated the xml, could you repost please. Thanks Mavarien.
Old 09-28-2002, 12:35 AM   #27
Mavarien
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Just delete the EQUI_AAwindow.xml and the UI works fine
Old 09-30-2002, 05:47 PM   #28
Siinnas
A Bat

At 1024x768 yeah sadly Mav Ui takes too much please... feel sad cause i love it and really want to use it (
Siinnas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2002, 02:19 PM   #29
aeluin
Denizen of the Interface

Server: Tholuxe Paelis
Send a message via AIM to aeluin

Mav I have to say it's great...but although I'm not as attached to the ancient UI with the windowview as some people, I kinda got used to it and still prefer that layout more-or-less. (Otherwise I'm always searching for things) I'm also a very 'clicky' player- I don't use the keyboard much except to chat- so having the hotkeys and everything all spread out like that is kind of counterproductive But I want that track window, where did you find it?
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring; renewed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king." -Aragorn's Theme by J.R.R. Tolkien
aeluin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 11:47 AM   #30
Mavarien
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Quote:
Originally posted by aeluin
Mav I have to say it's great...but although I'm not as attached to the ancient UI with the windowview as some people, I kinda got used to it and still prefer that layout more-or-less. (Otherwise I'm always searching for things) I'm also a very 'clicky' player- I don't use the keyboard much except to chat- so having the hotkeys and everything all spread out like that is kind of counterproductive But I want that track window, where did you find it?

I ran across the Tracking Window on the Rangers Glades awhile back. Don't know if it is still posted there or not.