Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > General UI Talk > hybrids
User Name
Password

Old 10-19-2002, 10:58 AM   #31
Fellron
A Gray Wolf

Mav,

I Downloaded your UI and unzipped it to a folder I called Custom.
I play at 1024x768 and cannot get the UI to load. I get an error something to the effect ......error loading Custom\....Then it loads the default.

can this only be ran at higher resolutions? Or is there something that I'm missing here?
Fellron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 12:01 AM   #32
Mavarien
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Server: Bristlebane
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally posted by Fellron
Mav,

I Downloaded your UI and unzipped it to a folder I called Custom.
I play at 1024x768 and cannot get the UI to load. I get an error something to the effect ......error loading Custom\....Then it loads the default.

can this only be ran at higher resolutions? Or is there something that I'm missing here?

I need a little more info to be able to help you out.

1. Where did you DL the UI from?
2. What is the complete path to the custom folder?
3. Did you only put the files contained in my UI Mod in the Custom folder?
4. What is the Error message in it's entireity?

Try the copy that is linked in this thread:
http://www.eqgui.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2490
and make sure that the only files in the custom folder are the ones from the Mav_UI_Mods_10_16.zip
Old 10-20-2002, 10:36 AM   #33
Fellron
A Gray Wolf

Ok I downloaded the UI from the mix & match section, the complete path to the Custom folder was C:\Program files\Everquest\UIfiles\Custom, only unzipped your UI files to it, and the error was: Error loading Custom\....loading Default.

After posting this I saw the thread with the updated UI file download location and saw that the file was updated so I downloaded the new one from the link you mentioned. Deleted the old one and the custom folder made a neew custom folder and unzipped the new one. Loaded the default got in game and loaded yours and this time it worked just fine. Got it all
Only thing I had to do was use your fix for the dissappearing buff box.

I love this ui but it's a little busy for the resolution I play at. I'm a total newb at this stuff and would like to know is there a way I can modify it for a 1024x768 resolution? I realize that would require code changes someplace but don't have a clue where to start. Thanks a ton, you help is greatly appreciated and what a fantastic UI!! Excellent work
Old 10-21-2002, 03:10 PM   #34
Mavarien
Enhanced Imperial Golem

I am playing around "smallifying" the hotbuttons, pet window and player window.

But ... alas ... being a member of the Top Raid guild on my server has it's responsibilities. So to make a long story short, I haven't had a lot of time to fool with the UI other than keeping it functional in it's current form.

Lot's of clever ideas I've seen and considered, like Maps, LOC Charts, Tradeskill recipies, Timers and the like. But all that stuff takes system resources that I prefer to have used elsewhere.

I am trying to incorporate TKing Graphics as they come along to keep the Rangerish/RPG feel to the UI. Vert, Sars and other mods are really quite cool, but I feel they really don't fit the feel of the RPG/Fantasy environment we play in. Some I've seen, seem more suited to the Starwars Galaxies game then EQ.

The UI graphics I use and share with all of you, for me anyway, enhance my EQ playing experience by being more in tune with the Fantasy RPG that EQ is.

So, for now, I will be keeping the UI functional for future patches and working on a new one, somewhat condensed and less "busy" as time allows.

Thanks for all of the posative comments and your continued support
Mavarien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 03:18 PM   #35
Fellron
A Gray Wolf

Very cool , Keep us posted. I know how it goes with being a member of on of the big raid guilds on the server. Loads of time spent on tactics and bringing down the big mobs. Don't leave time for much else....hehe

Can't wait till you get the less busy version done though, but for now I'm gonna make do with what you have because it is so cool and really fits both my character and play style. just had to rearrange where some of the boxes were is all.

Thanks again Mav and excellent work!!
Old 11-01-2002, 07:50 PM   #36
Sheldron
A Gray Wolf

Server: Bristolbane

I'd love to use the UI, but am stuck with a piece-meal throw-together of other parts, due to my S**ty graphics card (GeForce2 ti) I am stuck using 800x600rez for EQ to play w/out too much lag.
If you get around to making the buttons smaller, please let us know.

Anxiously awaiting changes.
Old 11-01-2002, 07:53 PM   #37
Mavarien
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Quote:
Originally posted by Sheldron
I'd love to use the UI, but am stuck with a piece-meal throw-together of other parts, due to my S**ty graphics card (GeForce2 ti) I am stuck using 800x600rez for EQ to play w/out too much lag.
If you get around to making the buttons smaller, please let us know.

Anxiously awaiting changes.

Actually, I already did :-)

See the Rev2 screenshots in the Mav Updates and History Thread in this forum
Mavarien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2002, 04:37 PM   #38
Sheldron
A Gray Wolf

Server: Bristolbane

nice...
works great, but has slowed down my zone-times considerably.
I'm working on one of my own now, that's using standard backgrounds, but custom borders, with most of the same features found in yours Mav (since they're the best I've found so far) but a more compact, out-of-the-way design (I hate trying to target mobs and ending up just moving my group window into the middle of the screen in the middle of a raid )
Sheldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 12:03 PM   #39
dreadbow
A Fire Beetle

Default slimmed down inventory

I wanted to bump this up for two reasons. I found a lot of good info on this thread and I have a request (that I will also be posting in the requests section).

I play a Ranger, and now that i'm reaching the higher end i find myself swapping out weapons and items fairly frequently depending on the situation. What I am looking for is a slimmed down inventory window, either a horizontal one or a vertical one. I have seen several where the primary inventory slots (8) are added to the hotkey window, and some even include the weapon slots and possibly one or 2 more.

Although these are close to what I would want, what I am really looking for is a long, slim inventory with all slots. It could even have the spots reduced in size to save space. This window could be vertical or horizontal, and even contain the player info allowing me to remove that that window as well.

I've been trying to locate one similar to this, but as yet have been unsuccessful. Any thoughts on this, or possible UI's that could fill my needs would be greatly appreciated.
dreadbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 02:26 PM   #40
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Can try taking a look at mine ...

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 05:50 PM   #41
dreadbow
A Fire Beetle

Default Hot button window with Inventory slots question

Cairenn,

After looking at your UIs, the hot button window with the inventory slots added on seems like it may be very feasible for what I am looking for.

A couple questions I have about it:

The container slot in the top position, and the 5 inventory slots below it, are they set for for specific slots, or would I be able to use some form of drag/drop to put anything there? For instance could I make the spot under the container a ring inventory spot, and then if I no longer needed a ring spot change it to say a face slot?

The other question I have is, If later on I wanted more than 5 swap slots (that's just the way i think of them) would that be somthing that would be possible?

Also just wanted to say that the full UI skin you show looks really nice as well. Is it LoY enabled, and the viewable are seems like it would be reduced significantly, is this the case?

Thanks in advance
dreadbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 06:19 PM   #42
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Aye, my full UI is LoY compatible and my daughter used to only be able to run 800x600 on her machine, but with my skin she's now running 1024x768 because of the difference the /viewport makes.

There is a good thread in the Info Vault for how to change inventory slots.
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 11:19 AM   #43
Mathezar
A Ghoul

Server: Prexus

I personally use Mav's UI and its AWESOME. Not only does it look great but it functions great as well. Mav posted earlier and you can find all the info about her UI from a link she posted. Best Ui i've seen hehe.
Prexus
Mathezar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 12:09 PM   #44
Jethal
A Wooly Rhino

Server: Erollisi Marr

I just reworked the NightElf UI for LOY, I love it for my ranger.. would work well for druids too
Jethal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 12:16 AM   #45
BrianDavidson
A Bat

Server: Zebuxurok
Default Best UI

Where can i find a UI that looks cool and can help my productivity