Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Archive
User Name
Password

Old 01-13-2003, 07:50 PM   #16
keiz
A Treant

Server: Prexus
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Ooooooh, hey I like that Tradeskills Companion! I like it a lot!

Looks like it will work in Pet, Help, Gems, Feedback, Friends, Bug or Target Window... So I'll get KeizLoc to do the same in the next version. That way you could set Locs to Feedback and Tradeskills to Help, or whatever other combo you like. Neat.

I'll also go ahead and lengthen the Comments field so Curumtiny's method will work.
Old 01-13-2003, 08:25 PM   #17
Curumtiny
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Tarew Marr

I couldnt get the Tradeskill companion to work. I had tried that before I saw this Loc window... and made away of doing it. Good luck to those that get it to work.

Curumtiny Call Me Yoda
Gnome Warrior (GnomeLord) Level 65
Tarrew Marr
Guild Officer: Invictus Verite
Click on Signiture for Magelo Profile
Old 01-13-2003, 11:09 PM   #18
cyrus1469
A Ghoul

Default Trying to Make a Tab Labeled Spells

Hi all i was trying to list all my necro spells from lvl 1 up to 65 , but im haveing fits with it.

not sure if im putting to much info there IE to much space?

or whats going on.

the effect im going for is something like this.

[Level 1 spells]

Cavorting Bones Summons Your Skeleton Pet. 15 Conjuration
Coldlight Summons a glowing rock. 15 Conjuration
Disease Cloud Diseases target preventing HP gain. 10 Conjuration
Invisibility vs Undead Causes target to be invisible to undead. 40 Divination
Lifetap Drains life from target giving to self(5 max) 9 Alteration
Locate Corpse Points you in the direction of the target's corpse. 5 Divination
Minor Shielding HP and AC buff for self. 10 Abjuration
Reclaim Energy Kills pet and gives self half of mana used to cast. 5 Conjuration
Sense The Dead Points you in the direction of an undead creature. 5 Divination
Siphon Strength Drains strength from target giving to self(10 max) 9 Alteration

and i did use Tab's to seperate from the Spell name, to Description, to Mana cost/ loaction to buy / skill used.

but no go just not haveing any luck, if anyone can help me out , perhaps post a working .xml file with all necro spells listed id apreciate it.

Thanx hope to hear / see fixes to my problem as soon as possible, as im desperatly in need of this kind of Info in game thanx .
Old 01-14-2003, 12:28 AM   #19
keiz
A Treant

For a listing of spell info (good idea!) try this format (tabs instead of the underlines, of course):

[Level 1]
Cavorting Bones__________15_____Con._____Summons Your Skeleton Pet
Coldlight_______________15_____Con._____Summons a glowing rock
Disease Cloud__________10_____Con._____Diseases target preventing HP gain
Invisibility vs Undead_____40_____Div._____Causes target to be invisible to undead
Lifetap________________9_____Alt._____Drains life from target giving to self (5 max)
Locate Corpse__________5_____Div._____Points you in the direction of the target's corpse
Minor Shielding__________10_____Abj._____HP and AC buff for self
Reclaim Energy__________5_____Con._____Kills pet and gives self half of mana used to cast
Sense The Dead__________5_____Div._____Points you in the direction of an undead creature
Siphon Strength__________9_____Alt._____Drains strength from target giving to self (10 max)

I just tried it out and it looked pretty good.
Old 01-14-2003, 12:53 AM   #20
Apollyon
A Gray Wolf

Server: Veeshan

Very nice Loc mod Keiz!

I'm glad to hear you're doing a version of this for the Help window since its where I currently have a zone-loc guide mod. Yours is the superior Loc guide, and as soon as you have the "Help" form of this up, I'll be replacing the other guide.

Thanks again!
Old 01-14-2003, 03:11 AM   #21
cyrus1469
A Ghoul

Quote:
Originally posted by keiz
For a listing of spell info (good idea!) try this format (tabs instead of the underlines, of course):

[Level 1]
Coldlight_______________15_____Con._____Summons a glowing rock
Disease Cloud__________10_____Con._____Diseases target preventing HP gain
Invisibility vs Undead_____40_____Div._____Causes target to be invisible to undead
Lifetap________________9_____Alt._____Drains life from target giving to self (5 max)
Locate Corpse__________5_____Div._____Points you in the direction of the target's corpse
Minor Shielding__________10_____Abj._____HP and AC buff for self
Reclaim Energy__________5_____Con._____Kills pet and gives self half of mana used to cast
Sense The Dead__________5_____Div._____Points you in the direction of an undead creature
Siphon Strength__________9_____Alt._____Drains strength from target giving to self (10 max)

I just tried it out and it looked pretty good.

Does it have to be in that order, IE

or can it be :
Cavorting Bones__________Summons Your Skeleton Pet_________15_____Con.

and 1 other question is is there a character limit per line.

cuz i followed your instructions exactly , Tabs instead of spaces with the exception of seperating words.

and it breaks my UI, it loads default instaed of my custome UI.

incase it matters i used the webbased ui builder found here http://uibuilder.eqinterface.com/index.html
Old 01-14-2003, 03:58 AM   #22
keiz
A Treant

Well, you can swap the manacost and spell type fields (IE Con._____15 instead of 15_____Con.) but the others won't work otherwise (at least in this version of KeizLoc).

I'm not sure why it broke your UI, mind attaching a copy of your UIErrors.txt file so I can see exactly what went wrong?

In the meantime, I am attaching the actual NEC_SPELLS.TXT file I used when it worked for me. Try it and see what happens.

Last edited by keiz : 01-14-2003 at 04:03 AM.
Old 01-14-2003, 04:03 AM   #23
keiz
A Treant

Bah, attached the wrong one. Here's the right TXT file.
Attached Files
File Type: txt nec_spells.txt (652 Bytes, 27 views)
Old 01-14-2003, 12:56 PM   #24
cyrus1469
A Ghoul

Quote:
Well, you can swap the manacost and spell type fields (IE Con._____15 instead of 15_____Con.) but the others won't work otherwise (at least in this version of KeizLoc).

I'm not sure why it broke your UI, mind attaching a copy of your UIErrors.txt file so I can see exactly what went wrong?

In the meantime, I am attaching the actual NEC_SPELLS.TXT file I used when it worked for me. Try it and see what happens.

heres my UIErrors.txt
Attached Files
File Type: txt uierrors.txt (242 Bytes, 13 views)
Old 01-14-2003, 03:23 PM   #25
keiz
A Treant

Hmm.. Guess I'll need to take a look at your EQUI_PlayerNotesWindow.xml file, too. What does that line 5056 say?
Old 01-14-2003, 11:32 PM   #26
cyrus1469
A Ghoul

Quote:
Hmm.. Guess I'll need to take a look at your EQUI_PlayerNotesWindow.xml file, too. What does that line 5056 say?

This is my uierrors.txt:
UIErrorLog created at Tue Jan 14 20:22:52 2003
[Tue Jan 14 20:22:55 2003] [Line:52402 Source:UIFiles\darknecro\EQUI_FeedbackWnd.xml] ParseTag() Syntax Error
[Tue Jan 14 20:22:55 2003] Error loading skin: loading default skin instead.

and I attached my EQUI_FeedbackWnd.xml
Attached Files
File Type: zip equi_feedbackwnd.zip (50.4 KB, 2 views)
Old 01-14-2003, 11:57 PM   #27
Apollyon
A Gray Wolf

Server: Veeshan
Default EQUI_HelpWnd.xml based on Feedback window

I stripped a EQUI_HelpWnd.xml file and inserted the loc data from a EQUI_FeedbackWnd.xml file generated by Keiz's java script. I've loaded and use this in my personal UI, so I know it works.

What I'd recommend doing until Keiz makes a java script that will gen a EQUI_HelpWnd.xml file is to take the attached file, and save a copy of the file with all the Location data stripped out. That way, if you need to change/add/modify any of the locations, you can make the changes to the pre-java text files, run Keiz's java script, then copy and paste the loc data from the generated EQUI_FeedbackWnd.xml file into the empty EQUI_HelpWnd.xml file.

Kudo's to Keiz on an awesome loc mod. Hope I helped the cause by creating a EQUI_HelpWnd.xml file from it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip equi_helpwnd.zip (35.0 KB, 15 views)
Old 01-15-2003, 04:38 PM   #28
keiz
A Treant

Cyrus1469: Good news! I downloaded that EQUI_FeedbackWnd.xml of yours and looked it over... And found your problem!
Apparently, EQ does not like the & character.
Your line that said "Increased health to mana & illusion spectre." was causing the trouble. I changed it to "Increased health to mana + illusion spectre." and it worked fine.
Thanks for discovering this bug! Looks like I will need to mention that in the readme file for future versions of KeizLoc.

---

Apollyon: cool, thanks for converting this to the Help window. Quite a few people were asking for just that.

---

Version 2 of KeizLoc is complete and should be available for download soon. Changes:

1. now works in either the Feedback or the Help Window (still working on getting it to work in other windows).
2. all colors are customizable.
3. you can rename the window (change the titlebar text).
4. you may choose to have your window be resizable, or to hardcode it at any size you like. HScroll available to resizable windows and smaller-than-default windows.
5. you don't have to have a Feedback or Help tab if you don't want it.
6. much longer Comment field so Curumtiny's tradeskill recipe format will work.
7. added a 2nd type of Comment, identical to the original Comment field except for color. Bit more flexibility.

And more features to come.
Old 01-15-2003, 11:06 PM   #29
cyrus1469
A Ghoul

Default It works !

For any out there interested in having the Loc wizard with a tab for Necro spells here is the file i use

hope ya like it all and i might be doing a wizard 1 as i do have a wizard i might dust off and start playing again (52 wizzy).
Attached Files
File Type: zip equi_feedbackwnd.zip (52.4 KB, 8 views)
Old 01-21-2003, 01:39 PM   #30
fangarr
A Gray Wolf

Default Wrong Loc?

I have your newest help window mod installed, kudos on an excellent job!

I was using it to travel and noticed that the loc in Grimling Forest to Tenebrous Mountains appears to be wrong.

I checked the loc on the other side of the zone to see if the actual zone loc is used or the cave entrance loc, and it appears that the loc is the cave entrance in Tenebrous.

That means the loc in Grimling at the cave entrance to Tenebrous should be: +1300, -885

I have changed it myself for my version but figured you might want to change the official version.

Great job!

Fangarr