Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 02-04-2003, 12:04 PM   #16
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally posted by Talyns
I read this over at www.monkly-business.com

Just wondering if you tried it?

Everquest Crashing to Desktop after Character Select
Submitted by Lenardo on 2/2/2003 9:52:29 AM

A decent amount of people have been having problems with EQ crashing to desktop after selecting their character, and not being able to log in with THAT character. The most common Solution - well besides trusting someone to log in your character to move 1 zone over- is to go into your Everquest directory and to delete the following files. ss.opt and all *.opt files that have to do with that character's name. interestingly enough if you have memory leak/framerate problem, doing this also seems to fix framerate problems as well. It did for me.

I remembered reading something similar recently myself. Heh, one of the threads here, just down a couple. This is the specific post I'm thinking of, within that thread.

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 12:12 PM   #17
Skeeno
A Bat

Server: Bristlebane

I had a similar problem with my main character. I could load up any of my alts without a problem, but my main would freeze after character select.

I deleted the UI_{charname}_*.ini file and then I was able to get back in. I had to redo my screen layout again, but small price to pay to be able to play again.
Skeeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 11:18 AM   #18
grottel
Grimling Code Editor

Server: Xev

As previously stated, I've already dumped ALL customized files (*.ini, *.opt, *.txt, *.txc, etc) and all zone files for the zone the characters were in. It was a long arse repatch and it made no improvement.

No, this did not fix the problem that my client is STILL trying to load non-existant files.

There is something WRONG with the EQ client/server communication that is resulting in my connection timing out after 3 minutes. If you look at my first post, you will see where this time-out is occuring.
grottel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 12:03 PM   #19
Talyns
The Tablets Guy

Server: Lanys

Sorry, I missed that you deleted those files..

In my dbg.txt I get these Unsuccessfuls:

[Wed Feb 05 07:13:23 2003]00065:Load of D:\everquest\GlobalPCFroglok_chr.s3d unsuccessful.

[Wed Feb 05 07:13:23 2003]00069:Load of D:\everquest\frogequip.s3d unsuccessful.

[Wed Feb 05 07:13:23 2003]00083:Load of D:\everquest\GlobalONT_chr.s3d unsuccessful.

[Wed Feb 05 07:14:59 2003]00195:Load of D:\everquest\load2_chr.s3d unsuccessful.

Again, sorry for suggesting something you tried. I truly missed that you had..

Goodluck to you..
-Hawkren (20 SHM)
Talyns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 07:28 PM   #20
grottel
Grimling Code Editor

Server: Xev

Getting a bigger stick to whack the weasul with.
I'm cheap, so I rely on various warez. But for this I've broken out the good old PERFMON.EXE (included with WIN98 and others). It can be set monitor and log all sorts of activity including bandwidth usage both SENT and RECIEVED. Nice little program. Sooo, we'll just see whats happening during the time-out period.
grottel is offline   Reply With Quote