Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2003, 11:07 PM   #31
portenth
A Gray Wolf

Server: e'ci
Send a message via ICQ to portenth Send a message via AIM to portenth Send a message via Yahoo to portenth
Default DAER

Question : If I order this system and add Windows XP Operating system, will it be installed or will I just receive the CD? Just asking, cuz my son had problems installing fresh XP on his barebones system he bought - it didn't want to work with the motherboard or something. It took forever and he finally had to lower FSB to get it to work. Sooooo, I just want to have it already installed and remove the headache
portenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 11:11 PM   #32
Dolby
Lord Dolby of Veeshan

Server: Veeshan

Might get a faster responce this way...

Quote:
Originally posted by daerpc
Please email us at [email protected] or call us toll free 1-866-966-7427
Erik Platte
Daer PC
Dolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 07:24 AM   #33
daerpc
A Gray Wolf

Server: !

When you purchase Windows XP we will do the full installation. You will also receive the full CD and documentation.

Thanks

Erik Platte
Daer PC
daerpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 10:08 AM   #34
Curumtiny
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Tarew Marr

Well about a week before this special came out I purchased a computer for my wife with my Tax return money. Too bad I didnt actually wait a week before I bought it but I didnt . But I looked on your website for the other stuff seems you have some good value on your memory. So When I get some more money in the next little while I will look you up.

Oh and if anyone knows is it common for 512mb chips to cause problems with a computer? I bought a 512mb Sdram and it kept booting me to desktop every 10 to 25 mins, at times the whole system while in everquest would just reboot all of a sudden. Is this normal? Once I removed the memory the system is working the way it should, but just slower with out the 512mb chip .

Curumtiny Call Me Yoda
Gnome Warrior (GnomeLord) Level 65
Tarrew Marr
Guild Officer: Invictus Verite
Click on Signiture for Magelo Profile
Curumtiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 07:33 PM   #35
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Recieved my two machines today..

First let me say that the machine is back in the case box, and that box is packed with foam peanuts inside a bigger box..

all the documentation, and guides were in with the peanuts (including the power cord)

I opened the Case boxes, and there were my two brand new CPU's

THEN!!!!

I had to pack them back up and take them to my car, cuz my boss was looking at me funny, seems i was glassy eyed and drooling on the plastic..

I took some pics with a digital camera, will link them tomorrow sometime.

I am even more impressed now than I was last time I ordered from Erik, and DaerPC.com..

/bow

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 01:33 PM   #36
Sthikik
A Crystal Gargoyle

Server: Zebuxoruk
Send a message via ICQ to Sthikik

Quote:
I had to pack them back up and take them to my car, cuz my boss was looking at me funny, seems i was glassy eyed and drooling on the plastic..

/em hands Kudane some Sorbothane...

nice... so when I can get your old machine?
Zeb Server!
Sthikik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 01:57 PM   #37
Thorondor
A Bat

Talking Impressed with DaerPC also

I put together a custom PC out on their site yesterday and had a few questions about the config I wanted so I called their toll-free number. My call was answered instantly by a REAL PERSON! No holding in a que or navigating a voice menu (try calling Dell.) Erik was very helpful and made some great suggestions about how to improve my custom system. Anyway, it is EXCEEDINGLY refreshing to come across a company that understands customer service. I haven't received my system yet (only ordered it yetserday), but based off my intial experience and what others have said I am very optimistic.
Thorondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 03:53 PM   #38
Kudane
Co-Founder

Here are the pictures and Review of my machine(s)
(the pictures below are links to bigger images)

First off I paid to have them 3-day select sent to me, and UPS got them here in 3 days flat..

when the boxes arrived at my office they were in good condition. but bigger than I expected. Sooo I opened the first box.

And I found the Case Box inside packed with foam peanuts.

After taking most of the peanuts out, I removed the case box and found that all the manuals, disk, spare wires, and power cord were hiding in the peanuts

The box itself turned out to be in top condition

This gave me a very positive feeling about what conditon my computer must be in.. sooo I took it out of the box.

And It was in mint condition... and finally HERE is what the front looked like, not a scratch on it!

this is where i repacked them to take them home. and I didnt take any pictures at the house... sorry

I got them home, hooked them both up. At power up one came up fine, and worked like a dream, the other didnt do anything at power up, and come to find out the plug for the power switch had come loose from the motherboard in shipping and was a VERY easy fix (plug it back in) Ironically the plexi-glass window is how i saw the plug loose.. and it tooke me about 2 mins to open case, plug it in, and close the case..

The light are simply AWESOME on the front of the case. and all the wires are bundled so that they are not flopping all around in the machine!

I AM VERY IMPRESSED! His commitment to a excellent standard is worth noting. He could have shipped it in the original case box, and let it takes its chances.. but he didnt..

Thanks Erik! you will be seeing me again!
Old 03-07-2003, 04:23 PM   #39
portenth
A Gray Wolf

Server: e'ci
Send a message via ICQ to portenth Send a message via AIM to portenth Send a message via Yahoo to portenth

Ordered ours today (of course, this is for my husband since his died and he doesn't play EQ - I believe he understands that I intend to install EQ on there a play when he's not around I currently 2-box 866mhz laptop and 650mhz desktop. I can't wait to see how it plays on the new machine.

BTW, within a few hours of order I did receive the confirmation email with the memory upgrade.

Can't wait!
portenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 01:16 AM   #40
trib
A Treant

tell us how it goes.
trib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 07:43 AM   #41
keshanti
A Fire Beetle

Hi ordered this on sat, but my memory upgrade wasnt listed in my mailed invoice!! pls help!
keshanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 07:08 PM   #42
Kudane
Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by keshanti
Hi ordered this on sat, but my memory upgrade wasnt listed in my mailed invoice!! pls help!

Quote:
Originally posted by daerpc
Please email us at [email protected] or call us toll free 1-866-966-7427
Erik Platte
Daer PC

not sure how much clearer we can make it, if you have ANY Questions for DAERPC.COM use the above email address, or phone number. If you want to know how the systems are working, or share what you bought, then feel free to chat about them here..

and you will get TWO emails, the 2nd one will list the correct memory on it.
Old 03-11-2003, 10:18 AM   #43
Wumadce
A Ghoul

Server: Rodcet Nife
Send a message via ICQ to Wumadce Send a message via AIM to Wumadce

Kudane, how do you like them running EQ so far?
Wumadce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 11:30 AM   #44
Kudane
Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by Wumadce
Kudane, how do you like them running EQ so far?

Both the XP2100 and the XP2400 have a SCREAMING performance in EQ, I can run around the bazaar with all the models on and only see a tiny, tiny bit of lag..

I was on a raid last night with 45 people and saw no lag at all with mob, players, pets, and procs (giants in POS) all moving around.

the systems are awesome! and worth every penny!!!
Old 03-11-2003, 08:23 PM   #45
Wumadce
A Ghoul

Server: Rodcet Nife
Send a message via ICQ to Wumadce Send a message via AIM to Wumadce

Haha, you know how to sell a product Kudane. I'm going to be ordering one soon. Only thing I'm curious about is the soundcard, did you upgrade yours at all?
Wumadce is offline   Reply With Quote
Closed Thread