Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Archive
User Name
Password

Old 08-09-2002, 11:32 PM   #16
Pahbi
A Treant

Definately has some very cool potential!

- Pahbi
Old 08-09-2002, 11:55 PM   #17
Amaprotu
A Snow Cougar

Send a message via ICQ to Amaprotu

My suggestions:

Euridite: misty/foggy/"etheral" like thoughts, or clouds?
Iksar - Bone/dragon scale. Maybe just dragon schemed
VahShir-fluffy pink? j/k may tiger/leaperd/lion skined

the 'er?' category:
halfling - agri/farm based. plants/fruit/vegitables
human - brick
half elf - half 'human' half 'elf' - so brick and wood.

Oh and the dark elfs should have some neon, maybe in the health/mana bars.
Old 08-10-2002, 11:10 AM   #18
Nibbuhlz
A Hill Giant

haha thanks amaprotu...and no us kitties don't all like fluffy pink mice filled with catnip..errrrr

Well i'll try to do a series, atm my motherboard is still shot and my voltage regulator for some reason only craps out when i'm 1) in photoshop and 2) working on an image larger than 300x300

Oh well, inventory almost done now
Old 08-10-2002, 12:04 PM   #19
buzweaver
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Bertoxxulous
Send a message via AIM to buzweaver

Super High Tech

Retired
BuzzFelinous (26 Bard)
BuzzVar(40 Shaman)
BuzzSilverThor (68 Storm Warder )
Old 08-10-2002, 03:57 PM   #20
Nibbuhlz
A Hill Giant

adding all screenshots to first post
Old 08-10-2002, 05:50 PM   #21
Nibbuhlz
A Hill Giant

Link to *Downloadable* version now on first post. Enjoy
Old 08-10-2002, 07:26 PM   #22
Oakrunner
A Hill Giant

Default Request

First I wanna say that you did an AMAZING job on that skin. Next, I wanna tell you what I think would be really neat for it.

1) I dont know if tihs is possible, but maybe replace the spinning man graphic in inventory with a picture of your char? Not a standing still pic, but one that would like view it IN the inventory in like 3rd person or somthing.

2) As a druid, I would love to see those circles maybe be leaves, and the things that hold em up could maybe be vines?

3) Finnaly, an actions window, or a good place to put it so it would be were it used to be. Im used to going to hit sit/stand and stuff - even tho I do do /sit and /stand occasionaly

Thats all, I just thought it would be really cool

Last edited by Oakrunner : 08-10-2002 at 11:43 PM.
Old 08-11-2002, 01:01 AM   #23
Nibbuhlz
A Hill Giant

Quote:
1) I dont know if tihs is possible, but maybe replace the spinning man graphic in inventory with a picture of your char? Not a standing still pic, but one that would like view it IN the inventory in like 3rd person or somthing.

Unfortunately impossible at this time

Quote:
2) As a druid, I would love to see those circles maybe be leaves, and the things that hold em up could maybe be vines?

I'm planning on doing racial skins, with TD being the gnome skin (all tinkered looking). The leaf/tree thing is exactly what I had planned for a wood elf skin.

Quote:
3) Finnaly, an actions window, or a good place to put it so it would be were it used to be. Im used to going to hit sit/stand and stuff - even tho I do do /sit and /stand occasionaly

Yea, i gotta figure out tabs and whatnot, then i can skin the actions window. Personally, I use Ctrl + S for sit/stand, find it easier than clicking stuff (I HATE the mouse, i use ALT + # for spells, # for hotkeys, etc etc.)

Quote:
First I wanna say that you did an AMAZING job on that skin.

Thanks It was my first dive into XML, and turned out better than I thought. Was a great learning experience too...
Old 08-12-2002, 07:38 PM   #24
xlorepdarkhelm
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Server: Xegony
Send a message via AIM to xlorepdarkhelm Send a message via Yahoo to xlorepdarkhelm

I love this design.... might do some tweaks to make it more fitting to a beastlord tho. dunno, always liked circles.

Oh, have you looked into making something like an oval border around the chat window?

Magelo
Guild Website

Last edited by xlorepdarkhelm : 08-12-2002 at 07:44 PM.
Old 08-13-2002, 04:41 PM   #25
Kaenil Darkwolf
A Weathered Clockwork

Server: Tholuxe Paells
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Great job. btw, that barbarian type ui would be awesome =D

Barbarians and dark elves are my favorite races so I'll have to download the ui's when you finish
Old 08-13-2002, 11:44 PM   #26
Omnedon
A Hill Giant

Server: Cazic Thule

Fabulous Skin.

I can't use it now , but hope that soon you will make it useable in 1024 screenmode as well as 768. MOst of my sikins were made for 1024, so I won't change it over for this, but I sure would like to see it usable by more than just 768.

Look forward to it.
Old 08-14-2002, 04:07 AM   #27
HONTER1
A Hill Giant

Hello there could u put in the files for the inv by them selfs dont want the whole thing but that inv just kicks major ass
Old 08-14-2002, 04:44 AM   #28
Sylviania
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Rallos Zek
Send a message via AIM to Sylviania Send a message via Yahoo to Sylviania

Really nice looking UI, with great changes... could you do an alternate spell "donut" that looks like the one in this thread : http://www.eqgui.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=909 ? the exploded one you did is too disturbing for me .
Rallos Zek Server
Old 08-14-2002, 06:10 PM   #29
xlorepdarkhelm
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Send a message via AIM to xlorepdarkhelm Send a message via Yahoo to xlorepdarkhelm

I've gotten it working for 1280x1024, just took some patience to re-arrange the windows. And I'm hoping that the other windows/icons also get that nice rounded look and feel to them...

I'm still astounded by the mod, and can't wait to see it get completed. oh, BTW.... there were a couple bugs in the UI I had to adjust, things like the group members' pet health still showing in the group window (as well as the player window), I just made the y positions negative for the pet HP's, and poof, they were gone. the AAXP bar still shows on the inventory, but I did a simmilar trick to get that gone.

Also waiting on the female inventory window, as I have a few female characters that the spinning male graphic just doesn't look right for them
Old 08-14-2002, 06:42 PM   #30
xlorepdarkhelm
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Quote:
Originally posted by Sylviania
Really nice looking UI, with great changes... could you do an alternate spell "donut" that looks like the one in this thread : http://www.eqgui.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=909 ? the exploded one you did is too disturbing for me .

Aye, I like that one too. maybe rotate it clockwise about 8 degrees or so, so that the tootips don't overwrite each other. possibly have an outer ring like the spellbook, and then a inner disk with the spellbook icon on it? then hook it to the upper right corner of the screen like you did the player and hotbox windows. Hell, I might do something like that myself, as a modification of your mod

Edit: I've taken the liberty of modifying the spell gem window to be rounded now (plus the hotbuttons are round too), a screenshot is shown under my post in the Released section for "My totally redone UI..."

If Nibb likes the changes, he can have them, if not, oh well. If he could make the grapics clearer than I did, yay

Oh, I did try to make the containers look more like the inventory, however, due to their nature, you can't get the bottom picture to display correctly - containers shift sizes and gain/lose pieces without any way for me to compensate for it, from what I could tell. Maybe Nibb figured out a way to go around this problem.

Last edited by xlorepdarkhelm : 08-21-2002 at 05:04 AM.