Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Released
User Name
Password

Old 06-18-2003, 08:35 AM   #31
nickmbb
A Gray Wolf

Great Map...works well with all my other UIs. There is one problem I discovered and its in the guild roaster window....when I bring it up, it does not show all my guild as compared to doing a /who all guild. I looked imto the xml file and I can not see why its happening. Its no big deal...the rest of "Forry" works great and looks great!
nickmbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 09:31 AM   #32
forry
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Server: Tarew Marr
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

The guild management window is actually being pulled from the default folder...so if there is something wrong with it, it is something Sony has done. I didn't change anything with that. Sorry...wish I could help

forry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 10:35 AM   #33
Chadias
A Ghoul

By far one of the BEST skins I have seen and used! Great job bud /thumb
Chadias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 04:31 PM   #34
blisful
A Gray Wolf

Thumbs up Thanks!

Very cool!!

Thanks forry!!
blisful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 06:16 PM   #35
forry
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Why thank you guys! I'm glad so many people like it! Keep your eyes out for a new version soon. I have increased the size of the % numbers (much easier to read and was requested to do so) and I'm attempting to add a few more options for different classes.
Old 07-05-2003, 02:23 AM   #36
icemagi
A Fire Beetle

Hi,
I am the friend that Forry was doing the UI for.
I hope he posts this one as well.

I play a mage, I wanted a velious style UI which Forry did a wonderfull job on.

He is still has a few details to work out.. before he posts it.
but this is a preview.

IceMagi
icemagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 02:36 PM   #37
Raidarr
A Fire Beetle

Server: Rathe
Send a message via Yahoo to Raidarr

I love the UI I cant think of anything wrong with it... Except one thing that maybe Im doing wrong...

I have a wizard and a druid and I cannot seee a mana bar ANYWHERE on the UI.

Also you mentioned options in the read me file for a mellee UI. wel I have no Forry folder in my download so perhalps im missing other things too?

Please tell me what im doing wrong.
Old 07-08-2003, 02:37 PM   #38
Achrya
A Gray Wolf

Default The UI is great, but...

I have one "issue/bug" with it.

The Hotbutton/right Click bank... i tend to use my mouse a lot to swap out instruments and I tend to find that the hotbutton/click bank sticks... meaning sometimes i can pick up an object out of the slot, or right click it, or even click on a hotbutton like tracking. Though it does fix itself if I grab a "bag" from one of my hotbuttons.

IT will like not let me click on it at all... left click right click.. nothing.. but if I grab a bag and put it back in the slot i got it from it fixes it and i can click on the buttons and items.
Achrya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 04:13 PM   #39
forry
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Achrya - I believe your problem is that you have another window that is overlapping the right clickie section of your hotbutton window. Each window is actually a rectangle, but the background has been set to invis. If one of the invis parts is overtop of the right clickie area and that window is layered above the hotbutton window, you won't be able to click through it. The reason it works when you grab one of the bags is because that sets the hotbutton window to be in front of that other window. I would try shifting windows a little and see if that fixes the problem.

Raidarr - You won't actually have a forry folder, but rather a forry.zip file when you download from the site. Once you unzip that file, it should create a forry folder that has some subfolders (things like "No Timers", "Melee Player Window", etc) If you just download and unzip the file, you should have a mana bar in the player windows. If you have copied the files from the "Melee Player Window" folder out to the main forry folder, that will cause you not to see the mana bar. I know this is a pain, but what I would suggest doing is keeping the original unzipped folder and making a copy of that in the UIFiles directory. Name this copy something like forrywizard and make any changed you want to the buff bars or target window. Then in game while playing your wizard, load the forrywizard file. If you would happen to have a monk and what your windows to look a different way...make a new copy of the original and name it forrymonk. Then when playing your monk load this skin I think you see where I am going with this... this is the best solution I have found so far because I play multiple classes.

Just kind of a side note: My main character is a mage and the default xml files that get downloaded with the forry UI are set up for a mage (mana in playerwindow...pet control buttons...etc). The option folders are so that other classes can use this UI also. Things like a melee player window which removes the mana bar from the player window or buff windows with names.

I do plan on updating this UI soon...I hope. I just haven't been working on it much...actually haven't had much time to work on it. Here is a list of things that should come with the new version:

- The % numbers will be in larger font (this one has been requested for awhile now and is finally done!)

- I will have an option for a non-seperated bank window (it won't have sub-labled holders)

- Have the target/pet target window with the timers on it (questionable)

- Have a target window that has the player's health right under the target's health (questionable)

I have also not forgotten about another request that was asked of me. I am trying to make my MP3 player window into it's own mod so that it can be downloaded seperate. That one turned out to be a little more complex than the map window that I did, but I'm still working on it. Hope this clears up any problems with the UI. If not, just let me know by posting here or sending a PM. Happy hunting everyone.
Old 07-10-2003, 10:21 AM   #40
forry
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Default Version 2.2 Uploaded

I have just uploaded Forry 2.2 (just realized I didn't change the character select screen to 2.2, so it will still say 2.1 ) This version is good to go for the July 10th patch and has also added two other items:

1. The % numbers on the player, target, group, and pet windows are in a larger font (easier to see and only added like 4 pixels more to each window)

2. An option to change the big bank window to a layout that is closer to the default layout. The graphics are still see thur, just the position of the slots has changed.

If you have any problems, just let me know. Still working on the Music Player window as a separate download. (sorry its taking soo long!!)

EDIT: Forgot that I also added a different story window. Instead of having the titles at the top and the text on the bottom, it now has the titles listed on the left side and the text on the right side.

Last edited by forry : 07-11-2003 at 07:13 AM.
Old 07-12-2003, 02:18 AM   #41
Shadrak
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Nameless

could you make a set of the tga for your UI with darker backgrounds? Im just talking about the silver/grey parts. for some reason the light backgrounds make my eyes hurt ..hehe
I love this UI and want to make it my default if it wasnt for this one thing.

thanks
Old 07-12-2003, 05:44 AM   #42
forry
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Shouldn't be too hard to do. Actually those images are a little lighter than I thought. Here for the last year or so my monitor has been broken and was so dark that everything has actually been a lighter color, but to me they have looked like what I wanted. I'll start working on that soon, but for now it is time to do some work around the house that I've been putting off!
Old 08-04-2003, 10:55 AM   #43
krashe
A Fire Beetle

Server: the rathe
Send a message via AIM to krashe Send a message via Yahoo to krashe

Hey. Not sure if you still check this thread, but I'm having trouble setting the timer to 1hr 30 min. I've tried several times, and it still moves faster than it should; I had the other one set for 17 odd minutes, and this one moved only slightly slower than that one, in comparison. This is what I did:
1 hr 30 min = 90 min, so [(90*60) / 120] * 1000 = 45000, right?
Math isn't my forte lol, but I've done this about 5 times and came out with the same number, and the timer still moves at a rate that would put it at about 20 minutes.
Old 08-04-2003, 10:59 AM   #44
Raziel
A Fire Beetle

Heh seems I was logged in as someone else. That's my post above, not Krashe's
Raziel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 02:26 PM   #45
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Quote:
Originally posted by krashe
Hey. Not sure if you still check this thread, but I'm having trouble setting the timer to 1hr 30 min. I've tried several times, and it still moves faster than it should; I had the other one set for 17 odd minutes, and this one moved only slightly slower than that one, in comparison. This is what I did:
1 hr 30 min = 90 min, so [(90*60) / 120] * 1000 = 45000, right?
Math isn't my forte lol, but I've done this about 5 times and came out with the same number, and the timer still moves at a rate that would put it at about 20 minutes.

You might not be aware of this, but the maximum duration per animation frame is 10 seconds (10000 ms). A frame using a duration greater than 10000 will only last for 10000, resulting in the timer moving too fast. So, if you want a 45000 duration frame, you'll need to use five separate frames together that add up to the full duration, as follows:

In the description for this UI, Forry mentions that the timer code actually came from my web site, with some modifications to fit into this mod. Depending on how it was modified, it might be faster to just generate the code for a 1:30:00 timer at my site, then cut and paste the frame code into this mod (using search/replace as needed).

Last edited by Arista : 08-05-2003 at 02:43 PM.
Arista is offline   Reply With Quote