Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Old 06-23-2003, 03:50 PM   #31
Aerasin
A Snow Cougar

Server: Drinal
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I purchased the game on October 19th, 2000 and currently my highest is a 33 Half Elf Bard. He was created in June of 2001. :P
Old 06-23-2003, 04:33 PM   #32
Chadoz
A Hill Giant

Server: Mith-Mar
Send a message via ICQ to Chadoz Send a message via AIM to Chadoz Send a message via Yahoo to Chadoz
Default When I got addicted =)

May 14, 2001 has it been that long? Lol Well it must be that I am still having fun. The first character I made was a Wood elf Druid on Eci, then moving to a friends server Mith Marr and made a bad Dark Elf Shadow knight who knew they needed Str lol. Now Have an level 46 mage with no pl or twink well found the aquagobbies in butcher block made mass pp =) then twinked her and another druid and a DE Cleric with full banded that my main made. Yes I know it is odd seeing a Dark elf Cleric but it is fun. Other Chars that I have had well either deleted or not played anymore wont delete them for the gear they have would be a great asset to any newbie that I make. Till then they stay unplayed and well useless except for their banks lol. Thinking about dusting off the druid on Eci but I don’t know anyone there anymore. And I have forgot how to play a druid effectively

Well me thinks that I have wasted enough space on this topic lol.
Back to the game =)
Old 06-23-2003, 05:25 PM   #33
Brimztone
A Wooly Rhino

Server: Povar
Default When did I get hooked?

Beta

My first 8 characters (only 1 original left) were born on the first day of EQ in 1999.

My first death was to a kodiak in Kithicor and I never found my corpse. Then again, I was only level 5 and had nothing. It was also during Beta.

Anyone remember ...

- Kithicor when it was actually a newbie zone.

- Running scared from the hill giants, griffons and ghouls in commons.

- Wondering why anyone would want to kill the guards who were keeping you safe. Freeport guards are evil anyway Muhahahaha!

- The troll who stood at the tower in Misty Thicket.

- The first time you saw a Soulfire or Firey Avenger.

- When a full set of bronze armor and dual wielding minotaur axes was UBER.

- Wondering how you could possibly afford some of the really UBER stuff people had.

- Hell Levels!

- Quests that used to work before they removed the MOBs that were needed for them.

- Actually having to RUN places since nobody was old enough to port.

- Life without Clarity 3. Yeah, we used to have to get by with regular clarity or none at all.

A Nasty Elemental with a Gnome Pet
Gnomadic Arch Magus
Officer of Dark Legion
The Green Midget of Povar
Brimzkinz Custom UI Forum
Brimztone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 10:20 PM   #34
Aerasin
A Snow Cougar

Server: Drinal

How about when you used to have to stare at the book? :P
Aerasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 12:02 PM   #35
Zantaklawz
Manaetic Prototype IX

Server: Bristlebane, The Nameless, Xegony, Veeshan, Firiona Vie, Vallon Zek, and Venril Sathir
Send a message via AIM to Zantaklawz Send a message via Yahoo to Zantaklawz

Or that trail of coin (when you were able to drop them) that lead to the PvP arena's, with a newbie to the game picking them up, oblivious of the danger that awaited him at the end. Such sick people.

Proud to be an at EQ Roleplayers! Join us and spread the word!

Come and sit for a while and listen to the Tales of Zantaklawz! Tell one! Tell all!
Zantaklawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 12:36 PM   #36
kenney
Bad Ass Kitty

Server: if you know me you know =P

first day EQ hit the stores...
kenney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 07:12 PM   #37
Raynsmajic
An Icepaw Kobold

ok, i remembered to do a /played on my first char. I started on November 20th, 2001. And, amazingly, that char is only lvl 24 or 25. I started many other chars and never play any of them steadily, hehe. sure, ill play one for a few weeks, then ill switch. not a very efficient way of playing is it? hehe
Tunare Server
/gsay Time for some smackey smackey on %T!
"If they give you ruled paper, write the other way" Juan Ramon Jimenez
Raynsmajic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 11:04 AM   #38
Zantaklawz
Manaetic Prototype IX

Server: Bristlebane, The Nameless, Xegony, Veeshan, Firiona Vie, Vallon Zek, and Venril Sathir
Send a message via AIM to Zantaklawz Send a message via Yahoo to Zantaklawz

Quote:
Originally posted by Raynsmajic
sure, ill play one for a few weeks, then ill switch. not a very efficient way of playing is it? hehe

Been there done that... I have had so many characters that I just didn't get into that I stopped playing them by the time they made level 25. Sometimes they click and most of the time they just sit and collect dust. Hehe. So your not the only one...
Zantaklawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 11:35 AM   #39
QuickkArow
A Gray Wolf

Default Dont worry

I used to do the same thing ( I have been playing since commercial release date ) and just got serious... 29-44 in 2 weeks, not to mention a Thurgadin faction tunic picked up along the way in my first raid EVER.
QuickkArow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 08:04 PM   #40
Vishuz
A Treant

Server: E'Ci

I've had more characters than I care to count. The only 2 I have stuck with for more than 40 levels are my necro (old main.. level 54 wih 5 AA) and my rogue (new main, level 56).

My friends that played would always get mad at me when I made new characters.
Vishuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 07:11 PM   #41
xndor
A Snow Cougar

Well not exactly shure , my first accnt was just a week or 2 before velious release ( yeah i remember being able to drop money , starting with 6food/water, loosing corpse since lvl 1 , loosing xp at 3 , corpse rotted in 12mins? until lvl 10 , no newb armor , and the best of all , no bazaar ( EC was the bazaar on my server, man i loved that place but now its just a wasteland with 1 or 2 peopel in there , those were the days) ) anyway so my char list gose as

Shadowreaperi 16ikky sk , ayonea ro (lost accnt)
Harrie heavyhand 25dworf war , qellious( lost accnt)
Loneblade 27oger warr , ayonea ro ( main accnt)
Nanolasi 23Woodelf druid , ayonea ro ( main accnt)
Doted Darklord 51erudite necro , ayonea ro ( main accnt)
Whunchu 42ikky monk, ayonea ro ( 2nd accnt)

I orignaly started on ayonea ro , but then went to qellious b/c my friend had a char on that server and asked to to go to that server , but then it turned out that before luclin ( when they first but in the model options without being able to usethem and it was bugged and somepeople couldnt turn them on and not see them , and some couldnt turn them off and astill couldnt see them happend to him so his war got screwed over and lost all his gear his conmp couldnt handle all the modles , so then we went to ayonea ro , another player we knew played there and we stayed there
Old 08-12-2003, 12:23 AM   #42
Aletheria
A Ghoul

Send a message via ICQ to Aletheria

August 3rd, 2000.

Chose the Morell-Thule server (and have been there ever since) because I looked over some EQ sites while I was waiting for my box to arrive, and spotted a notice for a newbie festival in Surefall Glade, by an all elvish rp guild that sounded interesting. When I was flipping through the manual I decided I wanted to make a wood elf pally... which of course the second I went to make her it wouldn't let me lol so I created a wood elf ranger and a high elf pally together, decided to start off with the ranger. Also chose all my surnames along with my first names before I created them (then had ants in my pants trying to get one to 20 so I could get their surname over their heads finally lol). Newbie in Kelethin = Major Disaster. Remember spending like 2 hours trying to find my way off the same four platforms until I finally gave up and just threw myself off the nearest convenient edge... lol And getting killed every 2 seconds or so, losing corpse every single time to decay... cept the one time the big, strong person who had just given me a suit of leather armor came to my aid when I went wandering too far down the wrong path and met my end by a not-so-nice wandering orc centurion. He died so that I would have time to get my corpse back from that centurion. Turned out he was a lvl 6 chanty, which seemed totally uber to me back then anyway. lol Thankfully, I never did manage to figure out how to get to Surefall Glade from Kelethin, it woulda been a disaster... lol. Did figure out the next day that I could make a half elf ranger that would be able to start right there. After the Festival I liked the area a lot better than Kelethin so she became my new main. I would've taken my chances with the wood elf though, if I had known that when I started playing regulary in early October, that the Loathsome Individuals would be there to plague me... (and kill me even faster than the orcs had dropped me to boot)

Still have all three chars. First ranger (lvl 10 now, was 3 when I switched to the other but got her a few more levels eventually) got "made useful" again about a year ago as a Bazaar mule (just couldn't bring myself to delete her). Second one is still one of my main chars, and the pally is an alt (still only lvl 16).

My mains now are a 60 druid, a 48 cleric, and a 40 ranger, but I'll always be a ranger at heart.
Old 08-12-2003, 10:06 AM   #43
Kalysto
A Treant

Server: Fennin Ro
Lightbulb

November, 1999. Forgot the date even though I was playing my long lost first ever character earlier! My boyfriend thought I might have fun, now he thinks I play too much. I ended up deciding on an Erudite enchanter cause I thought their outfits looked best on the character select screen!

Last edited by Dolby : 12-01-2003 at 03:40 AM.
Kalysto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 10:22 AM   #44
Eloora
A Shissar Disciple

Send a message via AIM to Eloora

First started playing (blame my boyfriend for it, i hated games) around may of 2002. He had a 60th pally on Povar but a coworker of mine played on Xev so we decided to start there. First i made an Erudite Necro (deleted) then a Vah Shir um.....golly maybe a shammy lol anyways got lost in Shar Vahl too much (deleted). Then I made Eloora my monk, whom is my one and only to this day. Loved the idea, loved the concept, loved the power, loved the hawt tatoo! She's level 65 with 60 AA.
Eloora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 03:00 PM   #45
laertise
A Snow Griffin

Default hey my first post

Started on Kane Bayle (just cause I liked the name of the server, who knew it was a euro server) on Feb 14 2003. Looks like I'm the newest of the new class to make this post. I currently have 3 characters

25 shammy Hamon Dabigham (stripped started him to play with my fiancee till she caught up to my chanter)

35 Enchanter Insidias Flamebringer (now my fiancee is out lvling this guy tryin to catch my main)

59 w/8 aa's HiElf Pally Laertise Beknighted (First toon I started and my main to this day)

I don't know alot about the old days but I do have one thing that changed since i started playing. The night I got flagged in PoJ to do the trials to get PoV access the next day they dropped flags this sucked. I was ready to be ubber and make sure newbs who didn't know how to play were still stuck in the like of PoN and PoD at the high end game. But oh well I'm 59 and flagged for tactics and lacking just the Black Sash to be flagged for BoT,I'll probably go get this tonight. Do I play all the time no I play about 4 to 5 days a weak though and when I'm on I'm completly dedicated, I don't have problems getting groups, if I can't find one to pick me up I make one.

Laertise
lvl 59 pally on KB
Knight in the order of the Sun
Watch out I'm coming
laertise is offline   Reply With Quote