Sthikik
A Crystal Gargoyle

Server: Zebuxoruk
Send a message via ICQ to Sthikik
Default Re: Re: hmm...

Quote:
Originally posted by Kebkeck

Shammys can solo mobs most if not all necros or druids would attempt

I'm a shammy... but I'd rather group... and even though I can, have have soloed for most of a couple of levels, I'd still rather group... nothing like watching a Tank go into Veg-O-Matic Mode, or the Wizzie Nuke for 4-8K crits, the cleric yanking the over anxious rogue from the brink of Bertellox's grip, of the Paladin and SK stealing Aggro like candy from a Baby from me after I land a slow that puts the Chanter to shame.. or that same chanter Dire Charming a Giant or other nasty and turning the tables and mezzing the hapless mob to keep it here while we deal with the bigger badder ones first. and on the rare chance that a group is about to wipe the Druid getting us out of Dodge while the pets hold off the baddies... and afterwards the Magician CoTH everyone back to camp

just my .02 since it is a MMORPG geared now more than ever towards group play with the 80% only splittable by 5 even when there is 6 players in a group :P
Zeb Server!
Sthikik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 12:17 AM   #32
Quantic
A Ghoul

Sorry, I have to respond. Read all the posts, and some are well written bull****. Yes, bull****.

Someone mentioned PoF soloing as a druid around the birds. Cool, grats! Just an FYI, that isn't the only place to solo in PoF. At the picnic benches, I can solo 12 on a cycle with only self buffs. I have yet to see any other class solo with self buffs more than 6 on a cycle. Hell, I have yet to see a druid do more than 5 per cycle. OK, PoF is situational. Let's move to HoH. How many per cycle there? PoN? Luclin? Velious? The list goes on.

Take a 51 necro, and a 51 druid. Play the same amount of time on each just soloing mobs and see who reaches 60 1st.

That should settle the exp argument.

Moving onto Lich vs Kei. Lich hands down is better than Kei. It has faster mana regen, and sure you need to lifetap dot which costs some mana, but it also dmgs the opponent as well, so it works out fine in the long run doesn't it. See above for exp gain per cycle. If you think differently, reroll your character now please.

Farming. How many druids solo farm in Veksar? In Sebilis? Nadox? Let's see......what other serious cash camps are there? How about pure solo feats? Has a druid ever soloed Phinny? Venril Sathir? Lodizal? Any other serious named mobs that a Necro may not? I am just asking here, I don't really know, so I won't hammer this point. I can guarantee you that a Necro is more versatile for soloing than a Druid.

Any other points?
Quantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 12:44 AM   #33
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Just a few points Quantic seeing as I sit next to a 65 druid all day long.

Druids own Nadox. Charmed exhausted bloodtusk ripped that zone apart. Druids can solo Lodizal, so can rangers. That's it.

I don't wanna read this thread or get involved, I just saw what Quantic posted at a glance and wanted to toss out a couple fast corrects.

Enok
Haliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 11:48 AM   #34
Kebkeck
A Gray Wolf

Quote:
Originally posted by Quantic
Sorry,
Farming. How many druids solo farm in Veksar? In Sebilis? Nadox? Let's see......what other serious cash camps are there? How about pure solo feats? Has a druid ever soloed Phinny? Venril Sathir? Lodizal? Any other serious named mobs that a Necro may not? I am just asking here, I don't really know, so I won't hammer this point. I can guarantee you that a Necro is more versatile for soloing than a Druid.
Any other points?

taking nothing away from your post, because its all true, albeit a tiny bit skewed :P Necro's don't get track, so hitting a list of targets is a bit harder for necros than it is fro druids. That was my only point about Farming and Druids, they have track and we have FD
Kebkeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 01:58 PM   #35
Quantic
A Ghoul

You don't need track to hit targets.....sure it helps, but you aren't dependant upon it.

Hal - I didn't know if they soloed Lodi or not, i was just asking. What about VS, Phinny, etc etc. The list goes on and on.
Quantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 02:11 PM   #36
grottel
Grimling Code Editor

Server: Xev
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally posted by Quantic
If you think differently, reroll your character now please.

Just another rant of - "its my opinion and you're entitled to it or else" post.
I sure hope that a necro doesn't renamiate this dead horse topic =P. You may as well argue about who's favorite color is the best one. <no responses/flames needed cause I'm not coming back to this thread>.
grottel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 01:55 PM   #37
sephirothc
A Fire Beetle

Default necro vs druid

I beleive that there is one type of kitting that you are leaving out that druids rely on and necros can not attempt. This would be quad or octa kitting which is by far one of the fastest, mana efficient ways to solo. lets face it necros solo great but not as good as a quading druid.

60th druid of Tunare

Last edited by sephirothc : 10-11-2003 at 06:54 PM.
sephirothc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2003, 05:17 PM   #38
Menthoshpi
A Fire Beetle

Oo

Quote:
This would be quad or octa kitting which is by far one of the fastest.

Care to tell me wut octa kiting is??

Quote:
Most necros are in the 2k unbuffed range above 60 without ToV+ gear,, all bazaar purchaseable gear and surpassing 4k mana isn't much of a challange either.. but again with the regen.. manapool is far less important.

O really? Mhmm i see take a look at this

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=21159

Yes u see as people where saying =/ druids can get thier hp higher then nerc's. Hell iv seen a druid with 7k hp and max iv seen a necro is a laughable 4k
Old 10-02-2003, 04:54 PM   #39
Sthikik
A Crystal Gargoyle

Server: Zebuxoruk
Send a message via ICQ to Sthikik

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Menthoshpi
[B]Oo

Care to tell me wut octa kiting is??

kiting 8 I would presume
Sthikik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 05:26 PM   #40
Adir
A Ghoul

Server: Tunare

Quote:
Yes u see as people where saying =/ druids can get thier hp higher then nerc's. Hell iv seen a druid with 7k hp and max iv seen a necro is a laughable 4k

Before you get too proud, I'd suggest you look at the following profile and then compare it to the profile you linked.

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=62873

If you want reassurance that this isn't an isolated case, I might suggest you take a look at EQRankings.

Oddly, of all the necro and druid profiles listed, the one individual with the most hp is...the necro. A tad surprising as I was under the impression that druids got more hp per point of stamina than necros; but then it isn't terribly hard to get that many hp, and that much mana, when you're nicely decked-out in elemental/time gear.

And, no, that isn't my profile.

Comparing necros and druids is like comparing apples and oranges, just like comparing all classes pre and post elemental planes. Really serves no purpose. In any case, both solo quite well, but in different fashions.

It is better to extinguish one candle than to curse the light.

Last edited by Adir : 10-02-2003 at 05:55 PM.
Adir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 01:10 AM   #41
Azrael
A Snow Cougar

Server: Cazic-Thule
Default Gods but I Loved this entire thread...

I read every word of all the discussions comparing the soloing pluses and minuses of several classes. Alot of the arguments were very well stated, some were defensive to the point of being pissed off and some were basically written by people who have been soloing way tooooooo long. But my point....

I have a high level Necro and Druid. I also have a high level Wizard and a high 40 Paladin. ( THE POINT PLEASE ? )

I am sick and tired of soloing ! Who cares which solos best. Its still freakin lonely, pull, kite, kill...pull, kite, kill.

I would so much rather surround myself with old friends, new friends, soon to be freinds and get killed to the last man as try and solo another MoB. For me LDoN is a total Tunare/Cazic-Thule send. NO MORE FREAKIN LONELY, BORING KITING.

But....the Necro solos better than the Druid. But, is it soloing when I have a pet? Hmmm.
Old 10-03-2003, 02:28 AM   #42
Azuth
A Snow Cougar

/Agree Azrael. I'm not much for soloing. As a mage the only time I solo is when I attempt to farm guards in HK. Usually it ends up with me on the cliff wall camping Boshinko tho. I don't solo much because I don't like being by myself for hours on end. That's why you can see me in BB most time /shouting for a LDoN group.
(profiles coming soon)
Azuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 02:51 AM   #43
Darvek
A Bat

OK, from a Necro point of view...

It was mentioned that you cannot control a feared Mob, Sure ya can, if you face the mob (face to face) you can "steer" the mob where ya want. On the other hand fear works up to lvl 55 (trepidation). Try and fear kite something in PoN, it dosent work unfortunatly... Everyone Kites the same there. Nother thing we have over Druids is our mana regen. Our Lich lines of spells are by far the best IMO, except for maybe that Shammy AA. Druids and Necro's are alot of the same and yet different. We cn manage our mana more efficiently and damage our enemies, while we heal ourselves. Those are my basic Differences, although FD is nice , of course I would like to have SOW memmed on my Bar as well =) Druids and Necro's group extremely well together. It all boils down to how well you play your class, and whatyour play style is.

Baron Darvek Wraithverge
64 Warlock
Fennin Ro

Last edited by Darvek : 10-13-2003 at 07:29 PM.
Darvek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 06:42 PM   #44
sephirothc
A Fire Beetle

Default Octa Kiting

Just to answer the questions on what octa kiting is- it is when you kite 8 mobs at once. You still can only hit four at once but when you gather all eight together it is faster because as soon as you get the first quad down you already have the other four rounded up.

Sephirothc
62nd Druid of Tunare
sephirothc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 12:01 PM   #45
laertise
A Snow Griffin

Ok well I don't do alot of soloing my main is a pally but I do have a 63 druid and my best friend has a 65 necro. So I'm not gonna do what everyone else has done and list what makes one better than the other but list the weakness in each.

First my druid with out kei she becomes useless pretty fast. Mana just seems to disappear.

Then my friends necro funny thing with lich and mana regen, eventually you get so low on hp (even with life tap) you have to stop sit and wait for life and mana to regen before you can start soloing again.

So for the most part both have to sit and fight and sit and fight and sit and fight. Boring so yeah both of these can lvl up faster than my pally while I'm sitting in PoK with LFG on but I garuntee I have more fun the three hours I group for than the six hours you solo.

Laertise Beknighted
laertise is offline   Reply With Quote