Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Released
User Name
Password

Old 07-31-2003, 12:15 PM   #16
Dscelfo
A Fire Beetle

Hmm, I am trying to use it, but whenever I activate it, the game just reverts back to the default ui!! Grrr, anyone know what is causing this?
Dscelfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 10:18 PM   #17
Fiere
A Ghoul

Hard to tell without knowing your system stats.
I have no problem loading UI's on Windows XP but my old computer runs Windows ME (*Gags*) and it refuses to load a new UI. Oddly enough it will load the spell icons though.

So whatever is causing your problem could be multiple culprits.
Fiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 12:36 AM   #18
Centhena
A Shissar Disciple

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Hmmm well I guess there was bound to be someone that had a problem with it hehe. I know for sure that it works with XP pro and 98 SE hehe and I have tested it on both. Are you running any other mods? Sometimes one mod can crash the WHOLE ui. If you are using Drakah's chat window as is it will crash the ui you need to replace it with the one I modified for compatibility. The animations additions in the xml for the chat window are now in the animations file. Using the chat window found on Drakah's site will cause duplication of the animations and will crash the ui. Any animations used must be unique if they are to be included in the xml itself any multiple uses of an animation or texture must be added to the animations file. Any duplication will cause a crashing of the entire ui. since the textures I used for the ui are from the chat window the origional chat window is not compatible with this ui the one included with the zip file posted here must be used with this ui. sorry if i repeated myself or rambled a bit I was just trying to make it as clear as possible. If you have any further questions or need any further help please feel free to let me know and i'll be happy to see what I can do for you. If you still have problems please post a few specs about your system what expansions you have enabled and the like.
Centhena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 05:05 PM   #19
wolja
A Treant

Server: veeshan

Look in your Eq folder for UIErrors.txt.

Delete the file, to get a clean file. Now open EQ.

What is causing the problem is in there. Search for errors.

This may help otherwise you could ask for help.

Wolj
wolja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 07:02 PM   #20
Dscelfo
A Fire Beetle

Got it to work! Awesome! Thanks for the help guys.
Dscelfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 12:11 AM   #21
Centhena
A Shissar Disciple

Check first post for updates!
Old 08-07-2003, 05:40 PM   #22
CVamian
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Server: Mithaniel Marr

I downloaded your ui what I could not get to work with it was:

Remmy's Loot / Container Windows
Buff window with the Blue/Red colors to show different Spells
Kuvasi's Hotbutton Window (I use a grey one she did for my current ui)
--------------------
Do the Containers have to have the hot button stuff on top?
CVamian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 12:17 PM   #23
Centhena
A Shissar Disciple

Do those mods require additions to the animations file? If so did you add them to the animations file in the zip file for this ui? Are the mods up to date with the latest changes to the ui? If you can post links to the mods here I'd be happy to take a look at them for you and see if i can get them to work make what ever adjustments are needed and post them up for you. If you don't have links send me a pm and we'll work something out.

And yes Remelio did make a version of the container window without the swap slots on top but I did not include it in the ui nor did I modify it to have the side borders. However you can download it off the supporters forum on T.Kings site if you have access. It was never completed to Remelio's standards as it still has no side borders so it was never released to the public.

Cen
Old 08-08-2003, 08:09 PM   #24
Quarr Quikblade
A Snow Cougar

Server: Quellious
Default hmmm

Getting this error when adding your merchant window to my own UI, any ideas? Thanks.

[Line:1705 Source:UIFiles\tkingceltic\EQUI_MerchantWnd.xml] Couldn't find class:item 'WDT_Border' reference in FieldParseItemOfClass()

btw, excellent work on all this.

edit: another question while I am at it.

In the hotbar... it works great but I am having a very irritating thing happen. When I set up my hotkeys the text wraps around to the second line. Actually I keep all names short enough except my backstab key cannot be shortened any. It looks like this

Backsta
b

Which is very annoying and unprofessional looking. Would you happen to know what (if anything) I can edit in the .xml to make it not wrap like that, I dont care if the text runs over the size of the button, it would look much better that way then it does now hehe... thanks a lot =)
Quarr Quikblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 12:22 AM   #25
Centhena
A Shissar Disciple

are you using the normal size merchant window or the shrunken one? Not that it should make any difference but it'd help me narrow down any possible problems if the following doesn't solve the problem.

when adding the merchant window to your ui are you using the textures file included with this ui? unless you have modified the textures xml to work with your ui you should use the one included in this ui. The reason your ui isn't finding WDT_Border is because that's what I named the border texture that i added to the textures xml for easy usage otherwise each window would have to have a seperate WDT_something with details of what textures to use where so i made one that would encompass all and used it in most of the windows..... the same thing that the eq programers did with the default ui. using my textures xml will also add the chain to the scroll bars. you also need to make sure that you have the graphics included of course the majority of the windows use the drakah_chatwindow.tga as the border graphic as that's the one I took the border from. if you want to add the textures to your own textures xml file you'll need to add the wtd_border section of my textures xml to your xml and that should solve your problem.

As far as the wrap around for the hotbuttons. You know I've never even thought about it and it's never occured to me to even look at why it does that. Off the top of my head you could trying adding the line:

<AutoStretch>true</AutoStretch>

No idea if it'll actually work but it's worth a try. I'll try to tinker around with it and see what I can do although I know there's no command to turn wordwrap on and off on the buttons it does it automaticly. You might also want to modify the size of the decal for the buttons make it slightly larger. Not sure if it'll work but heck what could it hurt. In the meantime I'll see what I can conjure up for you. Keep in mind though I'm not a mage. :op

Last edited by Centhena : 08-09-2003 at 12:44 AM.
Old 08-09-2003, 02:12 AM   #26
Quarr Quikblade
A Snow Cougar

Thanks for the responses... but still got a couple Qs

First, that download does not include a Textures.xml file (at least I didnt see one).

Second, where do you suggest I insert the <AutoStretch>true</AutoStretch> ? I am still pretty new at this XML stuff hehe.

Thanks again, keep up the great work =)

edit, its the mini merchant window I am trying to get to work =)

edit again, do you mean the window_pieces01 file? If so yeah I cant replace that window because I use Tking C2 Celtic mod and he uses that file name for his tectures as well. Any way I could rename the file and edit some XML in the merchantwindow.xml file to make it point for that diff textures file? If not could you make one to do that? I mean if you use Tkings art as a basis maybe it should be able to be added to other Tking UIs hehe, only makes sense =) Thanks a ton for the answers again.

Last edited by Quarr Quikblade : 08-09-2003 at 02:24 AM.
Old 08-09-2003, 08:01 PM   #27
Centhena
A Shissar Disciple

the main zip file for this ui contains the textures file it's called EQUI_templates.xml sorry for the confusion I was calling it the by the wrong name hehe.

the auto stretch command if it works would go in each button segment of the xml most likely right after the <font>1</font> line I haven't gotten a chance to play with it yet so i have no idea if it'll work
Old 08-09-2003, 11:09 PM   #28
Quarr Quikblade
A Snow Cougar

Default awesome...

I got all the windows working now by adding that little bit of XML to my templates.xml file, thanks for the help =)

... still cant figure out how to make so the text on the hotbuttons dont break up like they do for me...

...another thing, with your AA window... if you have AAs in the triple digits it kinda offhangs off the visable area... it cuts off part of the 3rd number? Also, the Train and Hotkey buttons have something wrong with the right side of their graphic. Do you get the same problem? If so would it be possible to fix it please?

Thanks again! Awesome work.
Old 08-10-2003, 12:12 AM   #29
Centhena
A Shissar Disciple

thanks for letting me know hehe my main has like 3 aa points hehe so i'd never have noticed the triple digits problem hehe. I don't spend alot of time in that window but i'll look into the button issue and try to see if i can borrow a friends account to test the triple digit situation and get it fixed as well
Old 08-10-2003, 02:46 PM   #30
CVamian
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Server: Mithaniel Marr

Couldn't get the Mortis template thing to work... So using most of your stuff if not all of it...Got everything I am using now, to work with yours i.e. buff window, spell book etc.... ,But...

I want to use the spoof Cleric Animation T-King had; the one with the stethescope + bandaid. how would I use it with this?

Really like yours so will be using it from now on =)

Last edited by CVamian : 08-10-2003 at 11:17 PM.
CVamian is offline   Reply With Quote