Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Archive
User Name
Password

Old 08-13-2002, 10:03 PM   #1
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Arrow Mez/Spawn Timer - Updated! Customize your own!

I've created a timer which may be useful to other players, especially enchanters. This timer features both a tick dial (for timing mezzes) and a digital timer (for timing spawns). A particularly useful option is the ability to mark a target tick on the dial.

Timer features:
  • Tick Dial
    The tick dial represents one minute, divided into 10 in-game ticks (6-second intervals). Useful for visually eyeballing the duration of short-term events.
  • Tick Marker
    The tick marker allows you mark any tick on the dial, to help keep track of an event. Simply click on one of the numbers in the top row to mark the beginning or end of an event.
  • Digital Timer
    The digital timer displays hours, minutes, and seconds, and counts up/down to 10 hours (duration is configurable). Useful for timing the duration of long-term events.
  • Timer Reset
    The digital timer can be reset to 0:00:00 at any time with the following macro: "/load foldername 1" (note that this will also reset the dial).
  • Window Toggle
    The timer window can be shown/hidden at any time by pressing the window's configurable hot key (choose from 8 different windows).
  • Window Fade
    The fade level of the timer window is configurable using the right-mouse menu, like any other window.
There are several pre-made configurations to choose from, or you can customize it yourself. Screenshots and timer files can be found at the timer home page:

http://www.horizonsoutpost.com/eq/timer.asp

NEW! You can now generate a custom timer configuration using the new web tool. Visit the timer page for more details.

Last edited by Arista : 09-10-2002 at 09:31 PM.
Old 08-13-2002, 11:51 PM   #2
Pahbi
A Treant

Awesome!

- Pahbi
Old 08-14-2002, 12:19 AM   #3
Karsan
A Tundra Mammoth

This is very nice.
Old 08-14-2002, 12:30 AM   #4
nurb
A Gray Wolf

I think the dial may be off by one second. It was taking 6 seconds to change to each mark. Otherwise, a very nice mod.
Old 08-14-2002, 12:54 AM   #5
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Quote:
Originally posted by nurb
I think the dial may be off by one second. It was taking 6 seconds to change to each mark. Otherwise, a very nice mod.

Yes, that is intentional. Each mark represents an in-game tick, which is a 6-second interval, not a 5-second interval like a normal clock - you'll notice that there are 10 intervals in the dial instead of 12.

The dial is designed this way because things in the game happen in "ticks" (6-second intervals). You regenerate mana/hp each tick, durations of spells (mezzes, DoTs, etc.) are measured in ticks, etc.

Last edited by Arista : 08-14-2002 at 02:00 AM.
Old 08-14-2002, 08:39 AM   #6
Naddirah
A Bat

I get a 403 Forbidden error when try to download it
Old 08-14-2002, 11:30 AM   #7
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Quote:
Originally posted by Naddirah
I get a 403 Forbidden error when try to download it

That's odd. Please try it again, and if you still get the error, I'll try to provide an alternative download location or just PM me and I'll send it to you.
Old 08-14-2002, 11:36 AM   #8
Arista
TimerMod Creator

I have modified the timer mod so that it works with the latest 8/14 patch. Please re-download the mod if you have already downloaded it previously.

Specifically, EQUI.xml now has an additional file in its list of included files (for the compass window), so I've copied the new version of EQUI.xml from the patch, then re-inserted the following into the list:
Code:
<Include>EQUI_Timer.xml</Include>

You can also make this modification yourself if you don't want to re-download.

Last edited by Arista : 09-23-2002 at 01:47 PM.
Old 08-14-2002, 12:54 PM   #9
Crescent
A Gray Wolf

Default impressive!

Any chance of getting this in the practically useless Friends window, by chance?
Old 08-14-2002, 01:39 PM   #10
Saoshen
A Snow Cougar

Copy and paste...

The beauty of this UI is, with certain exceptions, you can copy/paste the xml from one window to another window.

If straight copy/paste doesnt work, then you can start looking for what causes the error(s).
Old 08-14-2002, 05:06 PM   #11
maslethalo
A Gray Wolf

Is there anyway to not reset the whole window when you reset the timer? very annoying.

Also, If I want to use another Mod that also uses the pet window I wonder if it is as easy as renaming, copying and pasting some code in 3 different files or is it just not possible?
Old 08-14-2002, 05:12 PM   #12
Saoshen
A Snow Cougar

You could experiment and combine all the appropriate xml from various mods into 1 windows xml.

How well it would work, is dependant on what they do, and whether VI has something hard coded to that particilar window and/or modification.
Old 08-14-2002, 10:05 PM   #13
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Quote:
Originally posted by Crescent
Any chance of getting this in the practically useless Friends window, by chance?

This mod uses tabs, so it requires a window that supports tabbed views. Unfortunately, the friends window does not support tabs (I originally tried to use the friends window for this mod, but it didn't work). You can put this mod into any window as long as it supports tabs, just look for the timer's <Pieces> elements in the pet window, and move them to the desired window. If you don't want the timer in the upper-hand corner, you'll have to offset all the <Location> elements by the same X and Y in the timer XML file.

Alternatively: the only part of this mod that uses tabs is the feature that lets you mark a tick on a dial. If you don't care about that feature, then the rest of the timer (dial and digital timer) can be placed in any window, whether or not it supports tabs.

Aside from the <Pieces> elements that need to reside in the specific window element, all of the timer XML is consolidated into the EQUI_Timer.xml file, so that the file can be used no matter which window you choose and doesn't interefere too much with other mods.
Quote:
Originally posted by maslethalo
Also, If I want to use another Mod that also uses the pet window I wonder if it is as easy as renaming, copying and pasting some code in 3 different files or is it just not possible?

Yes, the timer can exist with other elements in the pet window. In the mod's pet window XML file, I've put a comment to indicate which <Pieces> are for the timer. Other <Pieces> can be added, or you can move the timer <Pieces> to another version of the file. Again, you'll have to offset all the <Location> elements by the same amount if you don't want it in the upper-left hand corner.
Quote:
Originally posted by maslethalo
Is there anyway to not reset the whole window when you reset the timer?

The timer is simply an animation that cycles its frames. As far as I know (and correct me if I'm wrong), the only way to restart animations from the first frame is to re-load the UI. Fortunatly, if you include the "1" parameter following the folder name, it will preserve all your current settings.

Last edited by Arista : 09-23-2002 at 01:49 PM.
Old 08-15-2002, 10:05 AM   #14
tanalanthas
A Gray Wolf

Thumbs up Howabout a hot button??

Ok, I've succesfully moved everything over to the friends window (I think). But I was wondring how I could create a hot button to reload the skin right on the timer. I set all the buttons in the friends window to 0 size, but I could add one back in. I'm just not sure how to make it into a customizable button. I'll have to take a closer look at the xml code for the hot button window and see if I can figure it out.

Great mod BTW
Old 08-15-2002, 10:39 AM   #15
Karsan
A Tundra Mammoth

I **believe** those buttons may be hard-coded to functionality, but I'm not sure on that. I haven't seen a button or EQtype to refresh current window. Would be a very nice feature though.

EDIT:

I just sent this email to SoE :

Any chance of getting an EQType for a button to refresh the current window only? Maybe pass it a value for current window filename and have it clear and refresh just that window in place but maintain location settings from ui_playername_servernum.ini file?