Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Archive
User Name
Password

Old 08-19-2002, 10:10 AM   #31
Starshelle
A Druid not a "Dr00d"

Server: Innoruuk
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Great work! I really like this timer but there's a problem. When I reset it with /loadskin Filename 1 all my abilities for some reason revert back to their number. For example, on my druid forage might be 1, fishing 3, etc, and I have the click on the hotkey and select name. This isn't so bad on my druid but on my rogue who uses a LOT of these abilities it really is a hassle, so I don't reset it often. Has anyone else noticed this problem with abilities? Is there away around this, or is it a bug in the UI that Verant needs to fix? Verant probably didn't forsee a reason why someone would want to reset everything so often. It's a shame there's no way to reset it without doing that command.
Old 08-19-2002, 10:20 AM   #32
Saoshen
A Snow Cougar

It seems to be a bug in the UI...

If you zone or relog your hotkey labels will return...
Old 08-19-2002, 05:01 PM   #33
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Exclamation New web tool for customizing timer

I've added a new web tool that will dynamically generate the timer XML file based on parameters you specify. You can access the web tool at the timer page (select "Customize" from the menu bar):

http://www.horizonsoutpost.com/eq/timer.asp

Old 08-19-2002, 05:04 PM   #34
UniDyne
A Tundra Mammoth

Server: Veeshan
Thumbs up

Absolutely awesome! This is the best timer out there right now. Excellent work.
Old 08-20-2002, 03:32 PM   #35
Dednome Floatin
A Fire Beetle

Server: Sullon Zek
Send a message via AIM to Dednome Floatin
Default Actions Timer

Ok i like the timer idea. But for us pet classes we lose our pet commands for this are there any versions out where its in the actions bar instead of the pet? Any help will be great i'm now learnin about xml so i cant do it myself.
Old 08-20-2002, 07:44 PM   #36
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Dednome - There are multiple configurations available at the timer home page, including ones that use other windows. If none of the pre-generated configurations suit your needs, you can use the XML generator tool to customize your own.
Old 08-21-2002, 12:23 PM   #37
Manntooth
A Fire Beetle

Server: Rodcet Nife

I am also having the problem where all my ability hot keys revert back to the number and no longer show the ability every time I reset the timer. This is getting quite annoying to have to reset my ability and combat keys every time I reset the timer. Is there any way to remedy this?
Rodcet Nife
Old 08-21-2002, 11:07 PM   #38
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Quote:
Originally posted by Manntooth
I am also having the problem where all my ability hot keys revert back to the number and no longer show the ability every time I reset the timer. This is getting quite annoying to have to reset my ability and combat keys every time I reset the timer. Is there any way to remedy this?

As far as I know, this is a bug that happens whenever the UI is reloaded. Hopefully, Verant is already aware of this issue and will fix this in a future patch. Sending /bug may help get this problem noticed by the EQ staff. In the meantime, zoning or logging seem to be the only ways of resolving the problem.
Old 08-21-2002, 11:51 PM   #39
ahbut
A Fire Beetle

Well first of all, when i first see this timer, I think its great, now that you even made a site for personal customization, now that's something that would fit in to anyone's use....... AMAZING..!!!! Wish that we could do customization like that to all of the rest of the windows on the interface .........
Old 08-22-2002, 12:08 AM   #40
Gaza
A Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally posted by Arista

To automatically keep track of hours would require a new animation. For example, an additional digit in front of the digital timer to get X:XX:XX. This digit would change every hour, and cycle every 10 hours. However, since there is a hard cap of 10-seconds per animation frame, this equates to 3600 frames for that one digit. This would severely increase the size of the XML file (but is doable if you are willing to cut and paste 3600 lines). I would not personally recommend it due to file size issues.

Or one or two for loops in your asp page.

Last edited by Gaza : 08-22-2002 at 12:18 AM.
Old 08-22-2002, 04:08 AM   #41
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Thanks Ahbut and also to everyone for the kind words. The timer options have grown largely due to the useful feedback and suggestions I've received through email and on the various forums.

Quote:
Originally posted by Gaza
Or one or two for loops in your asp page.

Yeah. However at the time of that writing my XML generator didn't exist yet, so they would have to make the modifications on their own if they wanted the extra digit. Even now I still haven't provided it as an option, because it would make for a pretty huge download, not to mention possible loading time issues when you type /loadskin.

On another note, it seems that tab pages will fade regardless of the fade settings you specify through the UI menu, while other window elements (not in tabbed pages) will use the setting you specify. This causes the tick marker to not be as distinguishable as I'd like. Has anyone found a way around this? I'm thinking of adding an extra graphic for the tick marker in addition to the existing number highlight, to make it easier to see.
Old 08-22-2002, 08:28 AM   #42
RNFeilynn
A Ghoul

Server: Rodcet Nife
Send a message via AIM to RNFeilynn Send a message via Yahoo to RNFeilynn

Is this usable for buff timer?
Old 08-23-2002, 12:35 AM   #43
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Quote:
Originally posted by RNFeilynn
Is this usable for buff timer?

Yes, the digital timer can be used as a buff timer. If you reset it as you cast the buff, you'll know when the buff is about to wear off by looking at how much time has elapsed.
Old 08-24-2002, 07:45 AM   #44
Ghesta
A Snow Griffin

Send a message via AIM to Ghesta

Hate to be picky....

Is there anyway you might make a version of this without the "clock" using JUST the digital timer?

I use the version for my friends window, and i love it. I time respawns with it. Currently i usually just move the window up so that the "clock" is up off the top of the screen, but i was just wondering.

--EDIT--
Sigh, nevermind, im a total n00b.
I found what i was looking for here
http://www.horizonsoutpost.com/eq/timer.asp
Thanks again for a great mod.
--END EDIT--
Old 08-24-2002, 04:33 PM   #45
Gaza
A Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally posted by Arista
Yeah. However at the time of that writing my XML generator didn't exist yet, so they would have to make the modifications on their own if they wanted the extra digit. Even now I still haven't provided it as an option, because it would make for a pretty huge download, not to mention possible loading time issues when you type /loadskin.

Would be cool to let people choose how long their timers is though (maybe even if it counts up or down). Would be interesting to see how big a XML file EQ could load too. Anyways keep up the good work.